Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 50

Author Topic: Gods of Lar- Oh Wait Nevermind  (Read 61065 times)

Sorcerer Kail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Lar
« Reply #195 on: March 23, 2013, 06:26:20 pm »

So lets cast that bloody force field, so thread will move.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 24, 2013, 02:35:12 pm »

Well, time to cast a bloody force field! Unfortunately, you do not have the element of water at your disposal, so you inspect the altar more closely. Upon closer inspection, you notice the actual energy of the enchantment is coming from somewhere in the ground, and being routed through the altar. You conjure your power of Life, (14) and create a nice barrier where the Death is coming to the altar. -15 Mana You consider destroying the altar. While this would probably stop the curse, an bad attempt could cause a rush of hostile magic. Meanwhile, one aspect of the curse has been nullified. Plants can now grow in the village. However, the curse's drought is still in effect.

While you do this, you feel four new worshippers come in from Ericus' work.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 08:50:18 am by Remuthra »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 24, 2013, 04:45:25 pm »

Once again, bless the fields using LIFE!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 24, 2013, 05:10:21 pm »

Why not try that milked animal idea? Maybe just alter some cows to be black as sable and produce lots of milk.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 24, 2013, 05:14:34 pm »

Cows need to eat grass. And drink a lot of water.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 24, 2013, 05:16:41 pm »

But all plants are still dying, except for our blessed ones, which are still struggling. Cows still need alot of water and grass to make milk, and all water in the village limits is completely gone.
Unless we bless the surrounding plants again, the cows would soon die.
Blessing the crop would solve the food problem, sate some dehydration, and give us some potential worshippers

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 24, 2013, 05:23:50 pm »

But all plants are still dying, except for our blessed ones, which are still struggling. Cows still need alot of water and grass to make milk, and all water in the village limits is completely gone.
Unless we bless the surrounding plants again, the cows would soon die.
Blessing the crop would solve the food problem, sate some dehydration, and give us some potential worshippers
The reason the plants are still dying is from lack of water.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 24, 2013, 05:26:07 pm »

But they wont he dying if we infuse them with life!
maybe we should boon our prophet, give him the ability to infuse life back into plants and animals?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 05:28:34 pm by javierpwn »

Sorcerer Kail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 24, 2013, 05:33:16 pm »

But that life usage wont really work, other way than creating a some kind of dead grass growing golem. I'd say we need those milk creatures for now. Ants/Camels(store a ton of milk in their back and are strong, tire slowly) hybrid or bats. Cows might be too expansive and slow.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 05:36:16 pm by Sorcerer Kail »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 24, 2013, 05:41:14 pm »

Cows have a couple of benefits: They (semi)naturally produce lots of milk, for instance, and are pretty common. Using a cow to produce large quantities of milk would likely be more efficient and therefore either cheaper or more effective than using ants or camels (especially ants).
Camels have no redeeming attributes past mammary glands, and they don't live so well outside of deserts.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sorcerer Kail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 24, 2013, 05:44:54 pm »

Cows have a couple of benefits: They (semi)naturally produce lots of milk, for instance, and are pretty common. Using a cow to produce large quantities of milk would likely be more efficient and therefore either cheaper or more effective than using ants or camels (especially ants).
Camels have no redeeming attributes past mammary glands, and they don't live so well outside of deserts.
Well I wanted that "storage ability" from camels. If those cows move quickly for long distances I'm okay with them.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 24, 2013, 05:47:17 pm »

Ants build giant underground fortresses, and naturally dig towards water;even if it is meters underground. Human sized ants would be able to dig for miles to find aquifers. Milk hearing ants would be able to store said water to feed our people.
they are also rich in protein. :P

Sorcerer Kail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 24, 2013, 05:52:31 pm »

Oh, lets just create digging undeground cities cows. Rich in protein.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 24, 2013, 05:58:40 pm »

Don't forget the acid spraying! And the flesh tearing mandibles! And the carapace!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 24, 2013, 06:05:31 pm »

Well I wanted that "storage ability" from camels. If those cows move quickly for long distances I'm okay with them.
1. Camels store FAT, which is neither easily removable nor terribly hydrating.
2. Camels aren't exactly racehorses either...
3. I suggested modifying cattle, which should be much more cost-efficient; although, now that I think of it, cows do have several advantages over camels.

Ants build giant underground fortresses, and naturally dig towards water;even if it is meters underground. Human sized ants would be able to dig for miles to find aquifers. Milk hearing ants would be able to store said water to feed our people.
they are also rich in protein. :P
They're also absurdly small and, let's face it, they've terrible PR.

And didn't the GM say that just bringing in water would also fail?
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 50