Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 50

Author Topic: Gods of Lar- Oh Wait Nevermind  (Read 61003 times)

Sorcerer Kail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Lar
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2013, 04:19:18 pm »

I'll repeat what I'd like to do.

1. Try to help the man being attacked by bandits. Don't shroud the area in darkness, that probably helps the bandits by hurting him less; instead, maybe force up a wall in the way or something. Make ourself known to the man.
2. Create some kind of new crop to help the village, maybe with black fruits or something to make it distinct.
3. Remove the darkness from the village. Make it known that we bestowed the crop to them.
4. Go see what the woman wants.
+1
Darkness which bring fruits? Fine by me, so +1 :) But we might need to prove that it is edible, not some trickery.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2013, 04:41:55 pm »

1. Try to help the man being attacked by bandits. Don't shroud the area in darkness, that probably helps the bandits by hurting him less; instead, maybe force up a wall in the way or something. Make ourself known to the man.
2. Create some kind of new crop to help the village, maybe with black fruits or something to make it distinct.
3. Remove the darkness from the village. Make it known that we bestowed the crop to them.
+1
Darkness which bring fruits? Fine by me, so +1 :) But we might need to prove that it is edible, not some trickery.
Remember, we're not just darkness, we're also life. But yeah, make sure the fruit is edible. And the roots, and leaves, and so forth.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sorcerer Kail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2013, 04:47:21 pm »

+1
Remember, we're not just darkness, we're also life. But yeah, make sure the fruit is edible. And the roots, and leaves, and so forth.
I do remember that, but I had not thought earlier of using darkness like this, as I had vision of more separate usage of elements.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2013, 04:54:05 pm »

+1
I do remember that, but I had not thought earlier of using darkness like this, as I had vision of more separate usage of elements.
Well, shadow=black,right]darkness[/shadow]fruits do sound cool, but for now I'm suggesting fruit which happens to be black. Helpful?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sorcerer Kail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2013, 04:57:26 pm »

+1
Well, shadow=black,right]darkness[/shadow]fruits do sound cool, but for now I'm suggesting fruit which happens to be black. Helpful?
Doh, I've got misinterpreted that way...

I meant that they are black colored fruits which appeared (looking by perspective of villagers) from darkness. For us just simple fruits.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2013, 05:11:33 pm »

Indeed. Makes it clear that it's the work of a god of life and shadow...and how many of those can there be?
Sig

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2013, 05:14:48 pm »

Wait until we meet the Death, Light, and Void God.
That will be interesting.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2013, 05:17:11 pm »

Wait until we meet the Death, Light, and Void God.
That will be interesting.
Not Void, Time.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2013, 07:41:40 pm »

Alright, let's have an update!

You call upon your powers of Force, gathering energy from the natural motions of the world. (14) You amass your power, then, as the bandits move to charge the man, you amplify their Kinetic energy, sending them flying past the man at high velocity. -15 mana. The bodies whirl about the man, who unsheathes a knife and proceeds to gut the helpless men. "Thank you, Karalis, my master, for your help in fighting off the bandits. I am your loyal servant."

You then move your consciousness over to the clearing. The woman is crying and cursing the heavens, as she raises a knife over the child. The child lies on a stone bowl, at a small altar. The altar is stained dark with blood, but you can make out a spiral symbol in blue on it. You would go to the village, but the situation here seems more pressing, and you also do not know anything about the village. However, you dispel the darkness you cast over it, (20) absorbing its essence back into yourself. +25 mana. Your Darkness skill has increased!

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2013, 08:00:25 pm »

Intervene from the killing of the baby!
Also, respond to the man that it wasn't his master who had helped him but us.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2013, 08:02:38 pm »

Ignore the man, no need to poach other deitie's followers, and we might make a friend from that.
Stop baby killings. Ask WTF.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2013, 08:04:36 pm »

Intervene! The baby must live! Push the woman away from the baby using force!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2013, 08:13:39 pm »

You guys and Force. I knew it would happen when I made a Force Push sphere.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 13, 2013, 08:47:04 pm »

Ignore the man, no need to poach other deitie's followers, and we might make a friend from that.
Stop baby killings. Ask WTF.

She is desperate and she probably comes from the village that is starving. Also, just stop her from killing the baby.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 13, 2013, 08:58:52 pm »

Try talking to the woman. Be more...forceful (perhaps forceful) should that fail.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 50