Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 50

Author Topic: Gods of Lar- Oh Wait Nevermind  (Read 60959 times)

Sorcerer Kail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Lar
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2013, 04:28:00 pm »

Still boring, unless... Well time is one dimension, and rest are space, right? So we could think about force as a space manipulation. Then say fuck you to euclidean geometry and build insane towns.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Or at least do something similar basing on gravity usage, but it would be damn expensive I guess.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2013, 04:29:35 pm »

also the fundamental 'force' of the universe, need some hot, increase pressure. cold? decrease. Magnets? is a force. the only thing we can't do with force is rewind time and even that has a workround(make wormhole in one place and time, make twin somewhere, you can now travel to the first wormhole creation).
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2013, 04:33:23 pm »

You could indeed do all of that, depending on your resources.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2013, 04:34:27 pm »

force, just from that picture
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2013, 04:43:53 pm »

Force

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2013, 05:06:50 pm »

Well then, let's get started!

As your prescence begins to take shape here in the void, you don your principal elements. First is Darkness, the principal energy of the night, and patron of the unknown. Next comes Life, the force of creation, and patron of mortals. Finally, you don your mantle of Force, the raw energy of motion, and patron of the cosmos. You awake with a jolt of power. You are Lorimre!
First, you take the first step of all gods, the sacred rite of passage. You push against the barrier surrounding the mortal realm, and it yeilds before you. Then, with a sudden burst of cosmic radiation, you arrive in the mortal plane, taking with you the absorbed remnants of your crysalis of energy.
Looking around, you find yourself on the mortal world of Lar. You are in a temperate forest area, with interspersed clearings. The foliage is moderate. Nearby, you sense a village, which seems to be starving. There is a tall man in robes on the nearby main road. Your godly sight allows you to see the bandits waiting for him. There is a woman crying in the forest, holding a small child. What do you do?
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 05:17:49 pm by Remuthra »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2013, 05:18:12 pm »

The woman seem interesting.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2013, 05:20:53 pm »

If we protect these people, perhaps we will gain followers! Shroud the man in darkness so that he may not be waylaid. Give the woman hope by opening a single snowdrop with our Life powers. Then enter the village, to discover what ails them.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2013, 05:22:48 pm »

Let see what the problem is with the woman first, I sense it worse then a single snowdrop can fix.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2013, 05:29:42 pm »

Perhaps as a god of darkness we shouldn't be spreading hope. Dark, forceful, fecundity... we are the Mushroom Deity.

Sorcerer Kail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2013, 05:33:10 pm »

I'd interpret that darkness more like mystery and unknown. Descent darkness upon bandits and then apply force to slay them slowly. It would be best if we would apply it precisely so that their bodies would bear no visible wounds or like some giant claws has teared them apart.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2013, 05:33:56 pm »

Perhaps as a god of darkness we shouldn't be spreading hope. Dark, forceful, fecundity... we are the Mushroom Deity.
No. We can be benign. If a god of fire and chaos can nurture a village into greatness, a god of force, darkness, and life can be benevolent.

Check on the woman and her child. Don't reveal self yet.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2013, 05:34:43 pm »

I didn't say we couldn't be benign, just maybe not hopeful. I vote against killing bandits. We're a god of Life, after all.

Sorcerer Kail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2013, 05:37:32 pm »

If you think so then descend darkness upon them, not man. Well I doubt he can move in darkness.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2013, 05:39:20 pm »

Yeah, we could befuddle the bandits with darkness and then investigate the woman.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 50