Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Mod Brainstorming: Fantasy Kitchen Sink Mod  (Read 4060 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Brainstorming: Fantasy Kitchen Sink Mod
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2013, 06:24:01 pm »

Sacrificial temple? Hm.

Now to figure out whether or not I can impart interactions by boiling rocks...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2013, 06:24:36 pm »

Sacrificial temple? Hm.

Now to figure out whether or not I can impart interactions by boiling rocks...

CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2013, 06:27:20 pm »

Cool.

Sacrifice goblin prisoners to get better skill rolls...I should be really less derp about this, considering I did do this with both my other mods.

@Vgray I already have Mountain Drakes. Powers in their own right, and even the prototype Az-Sho avatar I made's having trouble killing one of these bastards. Emphasis on bastard: they are freaking hard to kill. I'll probably nerf their skin.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 06:32:10 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2013, 06:56:37 pm »

Any kind of Alchemy in yet?

Morgorin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2013, 08:22:41 pm »

Music based syndromes.  You can have a bard class that plays instruments and boosts... something... of their fellow dwarves during battle.  Or plays instruments and hurts their enemy somehow.  Something like that.  The ability to mount creatures (that's a tongue-in-cheek suggestion).   Ape-man civilization who believes leadership should pass on through battle and battle only.  The ability to shear dwarf chin-whiskers and make clothes, etc. out of them.  Maybe dwarf beards could be a high strength thread?  True alliances would be awesome, though I'm pretty sure impossible.  You know, when one civilization declares war, it's allies join in, as well. 
Quote from: Xune
Urist McFred cancels these pants: too sexy.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2013, 08:25:09 pm »

Music based syndromes.  You can have a bard class that plays instruments and boosts... something... of their fellow dwarves during battle.  Or plays instruments and hurts their enemy somehow.  Something like that.  The ability to mount creatures (that's a tongue-in-cheek suggestion).   Ape-man civilization who believes leadership should pass on through battle and battle only.  The ability to shear dwarf chin-whiskers and make clothes, etc. out of them.  Maybe dwarf beards could be a high strength thread?  True alliances would be awesome, though I'm pretty sure impossible.  You know, when one civilization declares war, it's allies join in, as well.

all of that is impossible except the instruments because itemsyndrome (holy crap).

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2013, 08:26:23 pm »

A seiging race that can teleport.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2013, 08:33:31 pm »

creature can't teleport, either.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2013, 08:46:24 pm »

all of that is impossible except the instruments because itemsyndrome (holy crap).
I'm pretty sure dwarves are shearable.

This is that Pantheon-based mod, right? How are you planning to add the gods that don't really do much in the physical world? Or, for that matter, those that do?

You could make the misnamed Soultaken some sort of curse, like vampires and werebeasts, which makes the target more draconic. Scaley, maybe a bit larger, [CAN_DO_INTERACTION:] some sort of breath weapon, etc. Only problem is that, unlike weres and vamps, it's completely noncontageous.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2013, 08:48:42 pm »

Is polymorphing possible? Turn something into a projectile and fire it through fortifications?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2013, 09:15:41 pm »

Transforming into creatures is possible, yes. The latter thing... no.

Morgorin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2013, 10:43:39 pm »

Carts without tracks?  (I have no idea how carts even work, I've never used them.)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2013, 10:50:22 pm »

Nope.

You can't change any mechanics at all in general.

Morgorin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2013, 11:05:46 pm »

Alright, I have one for you.  A plant that causes an inhaled syndrome, something that boosts your dwarves but also makes them addicted to it  (Essentially, tobacco-esque).  Either that or an item, a pipe, that causes said syndrome.  Something awesome like that. 

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2013, 11:23:43 pm »

Items can't cause syndromes, addiction can't really be done.

You're breaking my heart dude
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4