Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Role-play fortress succession game! Libashód - Axetunnels  (Read 8123 times)

Baloun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Role-play fortress succession game! Libashód - Axetunnels
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2013, 03:10:00 am »

So basically everyhting goes well for the moment? Good!

/I will respond at a slower ratio for the next eleven day, I am going to London - archive research.

Baloun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2013, 09:18:52 am »

So... Unless Strife post another update till 21.3., it is fair to return to an older save and let Blenheim (or Nocturne if Blenheim cant) continue. Do you guys agree?

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2013, 06:27:06 pm »

Scratch that. My computer's not holding a save anymore, and I lost the three seasons I put in. Someone else should probably take my spot.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 06:50:01 pm by Strife26 »
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Dr_Nocturne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2013, 12:03:19 am »

I'm ready whenever I am required...
This won't end well, it never does...

Baloun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2013, 12:11:44 pm »

Okay, Nocturne - you´r up for now. Strife should be next.

Dr_Nocturne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2013, 05:57:23 pm »

Granite 1st

I was in the kitchen gathering seeds when our previous overseer and my friend Baloun had told me that the order had been rearranged for management of the fortress Libashod. I was to be next in line to control the fortress. I accepted so I can deal with some of the grievances I had that have yet to be addressed.

Granite 2nd

I wanted to get a hospital set up as soon as possible so that is a first concern, then a barracks for our soldiers along with a stockpile with arms and ammunition. I also decided to add the task to the farm hands too set up two additional plots as well. A indoor depot would be added on to the fortress along with an indoor battle area because I doubt our soldiers would be able to handle themselves against our enemies outside.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Granite 6th

I was wonder what our miners were doing so I sought them out and found them soothing the stone of the dining hall and the bed rooms. While I believe that aestheticism is an importance to running a good fort, the task at hand was of much more importance. I told them to go mine out the designated areas. I noticed that Baloun had spent more of his free time making the records as accurate as possible.

Granite 8th

A lot of charcoal was to be produce, our lumber should be put to better use so I looked outside the mountain face for lignite or coal. Not only did I not find the stones I was looking for but that there was no weapon worthy ores here, but discovered we live next to a volcano! I am indeed ecstatic about this discovery. It is unlikely that I’ll manage to do this within my term but I might be able to make things easier for the next overseer. I need to plan this carefully. First the miners must locate stones that can withstand the heat of the lava if not done so already, then a mechanics workshop must be set up and use these stones along with the construction of blocks to make a few bridges and fortifications. As my long dead father once said “lava solves all problems that you encounter”.
Hot hot hot picture

Granite 9th

Let the Masons and Mechanics know the difference between Orthoclase and Brimstone. As soon as I am done with my nap. Also need to forbid the use of Orthoclase for meaningless crafts.

Granite 21st

Deduk Onolsazir was cutting wood when he spotted a kobold in the distance. He continued to cut down the tree and then grabbed a nearby animal and moved away from the location. He is indeed an odd one, probably seen many sights. He’ll be an engraver once we get enough smoothed surfaces made.

Granite 23rd

Vendix, Founder and miner, asked me if Oslanem (Windeast in common) was the surname I was born with. I responded that I changed it after the passing of my relatives, and became a medical student to prevent the same from happening to others. I also was one of the fastest dwarf here, I even managed to beat one of the migrants (I know he works as a fishery worker) and Baloun in a foot race. They both were fast in their own right. He then asked about what I might have been if my family didn’t pass. I lied and said that I was to be a hunter and leatherworker. He seemed to have believed me and went back to work. I just sat where I was, alone with my thoughts. We need more statues, something to take my mind off things.

Granite 24th

Migrants have arrived so I set up the dining area as the meeting area as I address the new faces.

Granite 30th

I was unable to address the migrants appropriately; I did manage to add their numbers to our own, raising the population to 47. Many of the migrants were farmers, rangers, and craftsmakers but one was a metalsmith. I’ll be sure to use his talents appropriately. Also need to make someone smelt the tetrahedrite ores for copper and possibly silver. (Silver crafts would make a killing, but must remember to keep a few figurines for myself.)

Slate 1st

I finished giving out tasks to the migrants. Our happy little fort should have an increase in food and craft. I need to make sure their growing some pig tails for the hospital. We need cages to trap unwanted guest and liberate them of any useful metal objects.

Slate 5th

Digging out the hospital area is complete but there is a shortage of beds, tables, and other things needed to run a functioning hospital. Decided to have the miners dig below the hospital and flood it with water.

Slate 9th

Noticed we didn’t have a tanner’s workshop. Decided to add it along with a loom near the farm and hospital. Also mined out the areas between the workshops and added a few more craftshops.

Slate 22nd

Today we celebrate the birth of Asob Selorzulban, and my little hospital project is near completion, excluding the fact I still need the furniture. I might add another carpenters and masons workshop. I need to reassign he mother, Vabok Usirrigoth, to indoor work to prevent any harm to the baby. The child reminds me of my sister, before goblins made off with her during an ambush. I long considered her dead for I have seen what becomes of the children and infants in the care of goblins, elves would harm plant life, dwarves would shave their beards, and humans still acted the same but in a manner more like their captors. Don’t get why elves make short jokes since we’re both around the same height in general.

Felsite 1st

I heard that one of our woodburner have been acting strangely. I ask the other to keep an eye out if the person in question has cracked under the pressure. Things have been fine so far but you can never be too careful.

Felsite 1st (Later that day)

She claimed a workshop for herself and refused to speak about what she was doing. I’ve never witness the behavior firsthand but I have heard that dwarves that behave in such a manner make incredible objects, things that our kind sing praises (or at least look it happily) about. I decided to let her do whatever she wanted to do.

Felsite 16th

I can hear her working on something inside of the workshop she unceremoniously claimed as her own. I hope it is a chair. I could use a place to sit when the hospital is 100% complete

Felsite 16th

(Later that day)
An elven caravan came by to visit. I can already tell this isn’t going to end well. I told everyone that no wood must be present at the depot. UristGrey remarked that they may fall into the volcano with a bemused look upon her face.

Felsite 19th

The elves reached the site without incident to the dismay of some of my peers, I sent crafts and supplies to the depot hoping to make some kind of deal. I need to find Strife, he claimed to be an excellent trader.

Felsite 20th

She finished her project and created a crossbow of amazing beauty. (I wonder if she knew that there were polished gemstones in our fort.) Our most skilled Marksdwarf shall have the honor of using this. I reviewed files on our denizens found her.

Our most skilled hunter and quite a dodger as well. Has natural leadership abilities but a bit VERY neurotic. Her second in command needs to be reliable.

Baloun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2013, 06:33:48 pm »

*slowclap* - Finally! By the way... You found lignite? I didnt :D - Homewer... Volcano would be a great adition - in time of course... By the way nice work with mining.

From Baloun´s stance? He is mostly happy that his term is over and that his onyl responsibility is his axe and his tools. But he would gladly help with anything.

Dr_Nocturne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2013, 06:53:51 pm »

I may have found a bug, it involves the depot, At the time the elves arrived we had two depot, they decided to use the one outside. After a failed trade attempt with the elves (Not my fault, there was no wood but even with a 1000 profit they got p*ssed and decided to leave.) I decided against seizing goods and letting them leave alive. Since we had two and the elves were leaving I decided to deconstruct the one outside. A several (in game) days later, I noticed the dwarves carrying stuff inside and I followed it to the source and...

Should I start back at the beginning of summer or should I continue and try to integrate it into the story? And no, no lignite.

Baloun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2013, 09:54:16 am »

Do as you wish, I see you put some work in so it is entirely up to you :)

Dr_Nocturne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2013, 06:27:43 pm »

I decided to start over from summer. This is the rest of the year.

Timber 15th

Another baby is born except this one is a male. A caravan has arrived as well. Time to get some anvils.

Moonstone 1st
Strife is taking his sweet time getting to the depot. I also won’t be able to complete the projects I’ve started. Despite the fact he has no necessary duties he is doing various task from harvesting plants to rescuing the injured. (One of the hunters was injured by a kobold.) As long as he gets there in time we won’t have problems.

Moonstone 9th

We managed to get some more hooch and the anvils I needed. Need to make some more pots and tables aren’t worth as much as I thought they would be.

Opal 7th

The U.G.L and obsidian maker is almost finished. I just need the two screw pumps and to attach the levers to the bridges and open it up for business.

Obsidian 7th

It has been a while since my last entry. UGL will only be able to flow magma at the time being. Also our manager has been taken by mood and claimed a crafts shop. Three moods in a year. I say my reign has been pretty productive. I forgot to make armor though so that’s a thing. With only a few weeks left, I’m going to tie up some loose ends.

Obsidian 10th

RUN AS IF YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT*! RUN! *

Obsidian 20th

Screw pumps are in, artifact is complete, I actually have patients. Well at least when this is over I’ll have something to do. I almost forgot to install the gem windows in the dining area.

Artifact 3

Obsidian 24th

So the liaison is still here. He better not have been eating our food. Also where are the goblins?

Obsidian 27th

So they’ve finally started their meeting. Seeds, leather, bags, armor, and other things have been put down.

Obsidian 28th

It’s sad that 2/5 of our population are animals. Well I had a good run. Can’t say it was easy, but I hope that my efforts will help future overseers. I will leave instructions for all the levers. (Grey lever at the top isn’t attracted to anything)

Obsidian 29th

Good luck, and don’t get us killed. I’m going back to what I do best.

[/spoiler]

Dr_Nocturne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2013, 06:28:31 pm »

I will upload it in a minute...

*DING*

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7496
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 06:41:39 pm by Dr_Nocturne »

Dr_Nocturne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2013, 07:21:23 pm »

Note: I have accidentally built the screw pumps in the wrong directions, so that's a thing.

Baloun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2013, 07:18:32 am »

This will be fun :) I am suprised that there were no goblins yet - we are in their teritory!

Edit: Blenheim is up. He have time to 27. to post his first log. Also great work is done I see :)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 07:20:31 am by Baloun »

Blenheim Datandur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2013, 11:23:31 am »

Allllllllriiiiiight! Let's see if the download will work this time! :D first post should be sometime tonight or VERY early tomorrow morning! Any suggestions for me?

Also, my pump-designing skill is about the same as my overall DF gaming skill (potato) so THAT probably won't get finished for a while :P

Blenheim Datandur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2013, 12:41:27 am »

OOC:

1st Granite

2nd Granite

4th Granite