Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Role-play fortress succession game! Libashód - Axetunnels  (Read 8115 times)

Blenheim Datandur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Role-play fortress succession game! Libashód - Axetunnels
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2013, 01:46:05 am »

Strife, make like Nike and

JUST DO IT! :D

Baloun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2013, 04:16:11 am »

Ok Strife, lets go! :D

Your turn. Also... First update till 3-4 days, ok?

Blenheim: You cant use the second mirror? Cuz both works for me :D But Ok - I am reworking the schedule.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2013, 10:06:22 am »

1Gran410
    Early Spring-
    Diary

Headaches have been continuing, but I’ve been placed in charge of fortress. Still not sure why everything looks so . . . wrong. I count Nocturne as a friend, and his medical ability is certainly not in question, but I’m not willing to compromise my leadership position.

Walked around the fortress with a view to run it. Everything hurts my eyes here, but there’s an undeniable elegance to the construction here. Hopefully I won’t destroy the aesthetics overly much, although I worry about our efficiency. Defensibility is a major concern.

3Gran410

Priority List:
    Defense of fortress
        Move Trade Depot inside
        Better entrance facilities.
        Min outside contact if possible.
            Fishing?

Better facilities for everyone if possible
    -> Engraving vs mining?

Food stocks?

Will figure things out.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Baloun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2013, 12:32:33 pm »

His robe is blue, he likes agate. He has violet-golden overseer sash as well as golden overseer cape.

Inside, picture of Strife as overseer:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 01:14:43 pm by Baloun »

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2013, 01:11:33 pm »

That is a massive picture. Would you be a pal and spoiler it, please?
I always seem to end up with a magnificent burial complex and nowhere near enough bodies to fill it, or far too many bodies and nowhere to put any of them.

Baloun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2013, 01:13:04 pm »

That is a massive picture. Would you be a pal and spoiler it, please?

! Good idea, thanks for reminder!

Dr_Nocturne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2013, 03:06:55 pm »

I just realized something... I may have to deal with a vampire during my reign... Don't worry I have ways of rooting out vampires... Drown various dwarves until one survives...

This won't end well, it never does...

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2013, 04:11:48 pm »

I'm not getting the picture to load at all, enough with the image link itself. Not sure why it's acting up.

More notes as I go. Does anyone have any suggestions before I keep going?

Baloun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2013, 04:16:33 pm »

I'm not getting the picture to load at all, enough with the image link itself. Not sure why it's acting up.

More notes as I go. Does anyone have any suggestions before I keep going?

Hi,
send me pics on e-mail, I will re-send you links. I shall send you my e-mail adress in PM.

Suggestion - My dorf is happy that his term is over. Homewer - he would fiercly protect the Grand Hall in which he see the symbol of Axetunnels for now.

UristTheGrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2013, 04:48:47 pm »

I just realized something... I may have to deal with a vampire during my reign... Don't worry I have ways of rooting out vampires... Drown various dwarves until one survives...

Dont think about killing the vampire! Imagine what we could do with a captured live one

Baloun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2013, 05:28:37 pm »

Dont think about killing the vampire! Imagine what we could do with a captured live one

Zoo...?

UristTheGrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2013, 06:23:18 pm »

Dont think about killing the vampire! Imagine what we could  with a captured live one

Zoo...?

Or a sacrificial altar where innocent dwarves could be tied down with nowhere to run as they watch the vampire released slowly walking towards the dwarf while baring fangs ready to suck the dwarf dry of all his blood before moving on to the next victim that broke the law who decided not to make that adamantine bed his boss wanted.

But a zoo would be cool too.

Dr_Nocturne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2013, 07:41:46 pm »

You're right, I could feed it nobles... Assuming a player isn't a noble... Just seal off a nice bedroom with a retractable bridge above it... But then we have to deal with ghosts...
This won't end well, it never does...

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2013, 10:03:06 pm »

23Gran410

I’ve wandered the fortress more today. Despite our fairly considerable number of migrants, I think that we’ve got more work than hands. I’ve planned out some additions to our entryway. We’ll have a semi-enclosed courtyard, followed by a multiple path tunnel. When I asked for a trade depot, I didn’t mean one completely exposed to the enemy! I will feel much better if our trading can be conducted underground. While the hope of trading wagons bringing goods in bulk preludes a solid trap line in front of it, I believe that we can rig our multiple paths to be reasonably secure against goblins, provided that act in an unorganized, blind manner.

<A small stick figure being torn to shreds by an oversized axe blade is scrawled here>

We can rig our multiple paths entryway to be secure against the goblins.

24Gran

Speak of Armok. I no later write of our number of migrants than more arrive.

Something is amiss. We’ve received a large group of migrants. They have the same sense of wrong . . . proportions, but no different than everything else here in Axetunnels. Strangely, almost to a dwarf, they appear to be highly skilled in a variety of trades. I have asked Baloun, in his capacity as our record keeper to take account of them.

Apparently, he’s done nothing whatsoever with actually keeping our fortress records. I can sympathize, however. Running this thing is difficult. I’ve assigned him a one of the second hall dining rooms as an office for his work. Quick headcount puts us at 27 additional bodies here, besides animals. I do not know how we will quarter, feed, or provide drink for them.

What’s happening at the mountain home for such a group to come to a young fortress such as ours? Perhaps our layout impressed the homeland such to draw the best of the best, but I am concerned.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2013, 02:32:58 am »

5Slate

It has taken more paperwork than I believe remotely reasonable, but we’ve mostly got all the new arrivals sorted out. They will all be staying in the dormitory for the time being, and I’ve got a feeling that even my great hall (possibly the only portion of this fortress that doesn’t seem unreal to me) will be strained for our celebrations.

It seems that a lot of us founders have been rendered redundant by the newcomers. We’re still the experts on farming and mining, but most of the skilled crafting can be better done the more experienced migrants from the capital. I’m guessing that we’ll all appreciate the break, although there’s still plenty of stuff to move around and organize. Perhaps boredom will set in eventually. That’s a magma moat to be crossed another day; I still have a lot of mining and building design to attend to.

8 Slate

We encountered a Kobold thief skulking in the woods today. The scum ran off before we could stop him. The fortress is now on the map, or at least the cave scrawlings of the Kobolds. With the number of dwarves already residing here, more trouble is certain to follow. I must consider how to keep Axetunnels safe.

9th
The entryway excavations have been completed, including a rough trade depot of brimstone. I would like to replace it with something more valuable, and maybe try to work in some more pleasing ratios, but it will suffice for now. We haven’t begun placing traps yet, but I’ve worked out a plan with a newly arrived Master Mechanic. He is willing to design the mechanisms such that the traps themselves can be placed by other dwarves. Once we’ve got the (still seemingly inefficient) stockpiles filled, I will start placing idle hands on the project. Even a simple stone fall trap is better than a blood covered cavern floor.

15Slate
I’ve given it due consideration. I do not believe that we will be unnoticed by the greenskined foe for much longer, and we lack the trained forces to hold our territory effectively. I intend to heavily fish our brook while possible, and take as much of the lumber outside as we can. By the end of this summer, our dwarves will only leave the safety of our warren for good reason.

I have not broken it to the other dwarves as of yet. I do not know how they will respond.

16Slate
Multiple dwarves professing great skill in defeating trees have come forward to my careful questions, Baloun included. Our former overseer had been enjoying his vacation since carpentry duties were assumed by a migrant, but I think that he is ready to work in earnest with lumber again.

Orders to clear cut the lowest levels of our forest have been met with cheers.

27Slate
The axes have thunked into the once living plant life day and night. I am amazed at what a small squad of dwarves can do to a forest in such a short time. The rest of the fortress has been hard pressed to get the logs inside, so I have designated space near the entryway for storerooms. I suppose that I’ll bring the elves down upon us with this distraction of nature.

Maybe they’ll eat the goblins for us?

There is an image of two stick figures fighting. They are both marked with pointed ears. The tall figure wields a tree, and the short one a curved line.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8