Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Role-play fortress succession game! Libashód - Axetunnels  (Read 8119 times)

Baloun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Role-play fortress succession game! Libashód - Axetunnels
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2013, 04:04:59 pm »

You may be the tallest but I got the largest feet...

Yeeeah. I kinda messed up your hands and then got a bit demoralised... :D I shall try to draw you better next time.

Baloun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2013, 06:06:41 pm »

Winter 409
Moonstone
7th Moonstone:
Most of our digging is completed now. And as i promised, miners have their rest now. In the middle of Moonstone, we shall start digging again. And this time, we shall dug out a stockpile for metals, places for furnaces and everything we need to start a coal-based industry.

14th Moonstone:
We had the biggest celebration this fortress had yet seen! The statue of Vabók was erected in his temple. God of poetry is indeed well known and liked by our dwarfs. Nearly everyone gathered at the celebration. Yes, our temple need some furnishing and a finishing touch - but overall... It is in working shape! Many barrels of beer died this day. Many plump pies were destroyed by us... All in the name of Vabók! In his name, Nocturne and Datandur sang many songs and even I joined in! But for me - poetry was much more delightfull. I remembered one old poem from homeland...

Old were the walls of mountainhome,
Engravings had for long been gone,
Voices in the halls are no more,
Wind rule the fortress we once adored.

Fitting for any dwarf fortress, I thinked for myself. But it was Nocturne, who get me out of my train of toughts: "Overseer" he started: "We might need a hospital very soon." I was in no mood for this talk - he was right of course, but then again... We didnt had any armory, barracks, nor every stockpiles, so it have to wait. After the celebration, I realized that I am quite lonely in Axetunnels. Yes, many of the dwarves respects me, but do I have a friends here? In fact - just one. Datandur. He has the nerves to endure my bad moods, my grumbling. And I, in turn, am willing to overlook his dreamy personality - not very suiting for a dwarf. Homewer, I left the celebration a little sooner - to walk through the halls of Axetunnels. Eventually - I ended near the entrance. The sun was setting in the west. I realized two things - even though I feel lonely here, I love this place. After all... I was there since the begining of it. I saw it grow, I was ready to die for this place. Not only because the Fortress itself. But also for our mountainhome. I might not liked it there too much - but it is our home after all. And if we draw the goblin menace to us, it will be only good for our home! With this tought... I was sure that we have to prepare weapons, and barracks - as soon as possible.

19th Moonstone:
We have placed three statues in the lower level of our Grand Hall. Our provisions are growing steadily - our craftsdwarves are working on many crafts and our miners continue to dug out new stockpiles. This time for the need of our military. After that, we should mine out stockpile for gems. When all this is done, the time of barracks will come.

26th Moonstone:
I saw Lothar today, walking near our - work-in-progress - future coal smelters and metalsmiths forges. He looked enthusiastic. I have to agree that he did not have much to do here. But soon... His armorsmithing should be put in good use. Also... I ended up chatting with Nocturne during this night. We drank many beers and laughed a bit - but before all, we were remembering. Nocturne and I, we were both veterans of grand battle with Goblins near our Mountainhome. While I was just a ordinary warrior, Nocturne was one of the healers. We share our memories of the fight - and of what comes after that. Datandur joined us later. He wasnt there for the battle. But with him? We started on a lighter tone. We all laughed right to the morning...
Maybe my loneliness might end soon.

Opal
6th Opal:
We started with trap instalation near the entrance. Also... Work on the stockpiles is going quite well. I had a lot of work for Strife now. He was given an order to design and prepare smelter, wood burning furnace, kiln... And of course - forges and everything we might need to forge our weapons! For Strife - it was one of the few tasks during the last months... With the Grand Hall finished, he didnt really had much to do. It was not very good times for a lively, short and tempered dwarf like him. Now... He is laughing again. Maybe too much...

27th Opal:
So our traps are in place, stockpiles dug out - we are still waiting for Strife to finish the constructions of our furnaces, but for miners, it is time to prepare our first barracks.

Obsidian
4th Obsidian:
We should have everything running right now - but lets say that Strife does not want to design the wood burning furnace. Well - I might talk to him - but I believe he will get to it when he can.

10th Obsidian:
And on the 10th Obsidian, he really get to it! But lets be honest here for a minute - my patience was nearing the END. Also... The barracks are completed, with few beds. We have to wait till furnishing, before they would be usable. Near them, there would be weapons and armour stockpiles.

14th Obsidian:
Our wood furnace is done. Immediately have we started with preparing charcoal. My term is nearing its end now. My melancholy is a bit better now. I am just not very confident in this leading position. Nor am I sure if my term was success. Yes, we dont sleep on the ground, we have a plenty of food and beer - but our defense is weak, our walls are rough, our wealth is abysmal... Well I guess the future might show, if my steps were right and true.

18th Obsidian:
Since our miners were a bit out of work last days, I ordered them all to smoothen the stone in the Grand Hall. It was in my plan anyway... I am tired.

25th Obsidian:
I ordered construction of few pillars in the Vabók´s temple. It is just one of my last orders. And well... I want to pay homage to dwarven gods. I fount it... Fitting.

30 Obsidian:
So here it is... My overseership is over now. I was thinking if it is right to throw a party, celebration - or anything. In the end I decided to go on slowly, without any hussle. When my term ended, I was sitting in my bedroom. I walked out for a while. Just to sit on the balcony. I watched our new overseer - Datandur. Nocturne stopped by for a while. He smiled:
"So it is over for you, right?"
I nodded silently.
"I tought you would be merry. You were the one, who always complained about all this." he laughed ironically.
I just looked at him: "Of course... I just - you know? When we came here, it was nothing but a big piece of rock and mud... Now? Do you see this? Great Hall, majestic pillars - just as we imagined it with Strife - with all of you dwarves. We have big stockpiles, minerals, metals... We prosper here. And well... I just feel it is partially my work here. And now? Now I have to let it go... And who knows, what the future bear for us?"
Nocturne sat with me - and we watched the ceremony in the Grand Hall....

///OOC: I will give a link to the save in the first post. Now is Datandur´s turn. I wish him all the best!

UristTheGrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2013, 10:01:51 pm »

Great updates Baloun, most first terms are generally uneventful but it seems like you really accomplished alot. Definantly looking forward to my turn

Dear Lord, why am I so fat in that picture?

Dr_Nocturne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2013, 10:08:30 pm »

Don't worry, I have big feet anyway...
This won't end well, it never does...

Blenheim Datandur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2013, 11:00:06 pm »

I will be starting my save tonight; my first official succession game!

Because of my aforementioned DF-potato-gaming skills, my turn will probably be the most uneventful. Apologies.

Also, how do you determine the specific date? Or do you just guess based upon the Early/Mid/Late tags in front of the month?

Dr_Nocturne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2013, 11:15:38 pm »

Press z to see date... It should be in one of the corners...
This won't end well, it never does...

Blenheim Datandur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2013, 11:40:05 pm »

I know this, however, all it shows is Early/Mid/Late [Insert Month Here]

Also, unfortunately, due to a download error, I won't be able to post tonight :( so terribly sorry. I can post tomorrow, after I get to my *actual* computer.

In the meantime, does anyone have any ideas for me to build? Give me a floor, a general area, and your idea, and I will see if I can build it :)

Again, apologies for the delay.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2013, 12:06:03 am »

You might have your FPS tag in the way, or possibly a weird resolution. You can try changing the FPS counter placement option in the init files.

I've got no particular suggestions.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Baloun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2013, 05:10:00 am »

Also, unfortunately, due to a download error, I won't be able to post tonight :( so terribly sorry. I can post tomorrow, after I get to my *actual* computer.

In the meantime, does anyone have any ideas for me to build? Give me a floor, a general area, and your idea, and I will see if I can build it :)

You definitely have to start our military soon - I tried to start it but I didnt have enough time :/. Maybe more traps in the corridor, hospital, furnishing of our rooms, mining... There are many choices I guess :).

Edit: OR - if you feel up to it - you can start with magma smelting and magma forging. But that can be tricky. Homewer if you acomplish it, you shall be forever known :).
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 05:12:20 am by Baloun »

Baloun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2013, 05:11:02 am »

Great updates Baloun, most first terms are generally uneventful but it seems like you really accomplished alot. Definantly looking forward to my turn

Dear Lord, why am I so fat in that picture?

In the description of your dwarf, there is a line that state that you ARE fat :D ... But take it easy - thanks to you, we have something to eat and drink.

Baloun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2013, 05:50:27 am »

Cant it be older version of DF? I dont remember how it was with them. We are using current buld, 34.11 ( if i remember correctly)

Baloun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2013, 06:04:49 am »

Sure, I'll join. Also, can you please dorf me as Lothar Shinwhales, Metalsmith/metalcrafter when you get a metalsmith.

So this is a little drawing update. First, we have Lothar Shinwhales (Raptorstorm) here (based on the in-game description):

And... Vabók, god of poetry, patron god of Axetunnels, this is his statue in our little temple (mor like shrine):

Blenheim Datandur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2013, 04:58:12 pm »

Okay, for some reason, whenever I try to download the file, I get a

Failed - Network error

message from Chrome. Idk why.

My proposition is that my turn be temporarily skipped, and I take the place of whoever gets moved up.

Is that okay with everyone else?

Baloun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2013, 05:26:38 pm »

I will try to upload it somewhere else too then, no problem :)

Edit: Could someone please try both links? Thanks. They work for me.

Btw.: Message from Chrom? Try another browser.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 06:04:27 pm by Baloun »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2013, 09:05:49 pm »

I've got it up and running right now. I'm good to go next, if need be.
Even the avatars expire eventually.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8