Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Eek! Vampire scare!  (Read 2062 times)

Domicrow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Eek! Vampire scare!
« on: March 10, 2013, 01:41:25 pm »

I think i may have a Vampire in my fortress because a while ago 2 dwarves went missing and then their bodies turned up and we burried them, i thought it was just that damn naked mole dog again but about a year (in game) later i look at my MAYOR and see that he killed them both, plus he is constantly throwing tantrums... do you think he is a vampire and if so how do i deal with it? bare in mind this is my MAYOR

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Eek! Vampire scare!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 01:51:16 pm »

He has already demonstrated that he is a threat to your other dwarves. Vampire or just pissy noble he's not a benefit to your fort. I suggest you either arrange an Unfortunate Accident or deal with him Cask of Amontillado style.

Domicrow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 01:54:30 pm »

i think i will just lock him in a 3x3 room forever until he starves... make an example of him for future politicians

maddwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 02:02:02 pm »

Sadly - or happily? - he will never starve if he's a vampire. My vampire mayor has been blithely locked up in his room for the last 2 years, mandating the construction of catapult parts and eating nothing at all. (Who needs diplomats?!)

Domicrow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 02:08:55 pm »

well his torture shall be eternal boredom! or permanent submerging

Snowdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 04:24:32 pm »

Make the vampire into a bookkeeper. He will have a lot of free time on his hands, might as well ensure that it is spent productively.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 07:21:56 pm »

I think i may have a Vampire in my fortress because a while ago 2 dwarves went missing and then their bodies turned up and we burried them, i thought it was just that damn naked mole dog again but about a year (in game) later i look at my MAYOR and see that he killed them both, plus he is constantly throwing tantrums... do you think he is a vampire and if so how do i deal with it? bare in mind this is my MAYOR
Here we go again! Witch hunting time!

Sounds like your mayor is only guilty of murder due to Dwarven anxiety syndrome, however you can never be too sure...

Ianflow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 11:07:53 pm »

He has already demonstrated that he is a threat to your other dwarves. Vampire or just pissy noble he's not a benefit to your fort. I suggest you either arrange an Unfortunate Accident or deal with him Cask of Amontillado style.

Someone just said Cask of Amontillado style, I have just fallen in love with this post : D
And thus, "The running of the goblins" became an annual tradition and the first dwarven contraceptive.
There are no moghoppers. We have always been allies of Oceania, and at war with Eastasia.

Lida_Brainbroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 11:14:05 pm »

If the bodies were found "drained of blood", he's a vampire.  If not, he's simply a murderer.

i think i will just lock him in a 3x3 room forever until he starves... make an example of him for future politicians

IF he's a vampire, he'll never starve.  He'll just be very bored until his clothes rot off, eventually going insane...FOREVER!!!

My bookkeeper vampire only got one victim, so I made a 3x3 room with a burrow, engraved a slab for the victim and placed the victim's coffin and slab, a table and chair, a fine statue into the room, assigned it as his office, assigned him to the burrow and walled the doorway over after he entered.  He has now spent the past 8 years keeping inventory via spores, and passing the time enjoying the various objects in his office/cocoon.  Once he goes insane, I'm going to pit some Trolls in through the ceiling and then seal that over too.

Edit: after re-reading the thread, I see I misread the first time.  The crimes were not hidden, thus I'm liking the Cask of Amontillado, too.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 01:14:11 am by Lida_Brainbroken »
She was on her way to the booze stockpile for a drink and got interrupted by the wyvern. It is not wise to stand between a grumpy senior and her booze.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2013, 01:10:17 am »

Sherlock Urist says: vampires would hide their kills, this dwarf announces his proudly, he must have killed an angry citizen, after being pushed over the edge by being yelled at, by an angry citizen.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Domicrow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2013, 06:57:35 am »

well he dehydrated... so he was just a prick then?

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2013, 07:10:40 am »

Just your run of the mill murderous noble.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2013, 08:02:54 am »

Well yeah, if the bodies are not found 'drained of blood' and the mayor has them in the kill list, that's proof positive that you're not dealing with a vampire issue. If he was tantrumming regularly, that's a likely reason - tantrumming dwarfs demolish stuff, throw items around and start fist fights ('fist fight' currently translates to 'assault with a deadly weapon'). Why was he throwing tantrums anyway? Did you fulfil the basic mayoral needs ('decent' bedroom, dining room, office) and produce the mandated items?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2013, 11:10:51 pm »

Check reports, especially ones involving the mayor, since dorfs can punch each other to death. I once had a dwarf briefly tantrum, kill another dwarf two punches (second one went through the head), then calm down. No one cared.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Lida_Brainbroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2013, 11:29:14 pm »

Check reports, especially ones involving the mayor, since dorfs can punch each other to death. I once had a dwarf briefly tantrum, kill another dwarf two punches (second one went through the head), then calm down. No one cared.

I had a tantruming Stoneworker take my Weaver's head of with a thrown coffer once.  That was a great spiral!

I find reports seem vanish a little too soon sometimes, like during a long siege.  Is there a way to make them persist longer?
She was on her way to the booze stockpile for a drink and got interrupted by the wyvern. It is not wise to stand between a grumpy senior and her booze.
Pages: [1] 2