Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who is best Korea

Democratic People's Republic of Korea
Democratic People's Republic of Korea

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Bay12 propaganda appreciation: North Korea edition  (Read 16325 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 propaganda appreciation: North Korea edition
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2013, 04:15:56 am »

The weasels are actually supposed to be Japan as near as I can figure. It starts out with the weasels trying to take over the squirrels and hedgehogs land in the beginning, then when Japan is defeated by the Koreans, the wolves come along, who are the Americans.
Ah, haven't seen the wolves yet. That's probably even worse, as Fniff points out.

i'm pretty sure the dubbing in the documentary is fake. if you turn on automatic subtitles and translate them you get a slightly coherent very different speech.
i feel cheated. of a genuinely entertaining experience. instead, this was merely a deceivingly entertaining experience, i guess
Damn it, Poe's Law strikes again.

Can't really follow the translations, though. Maybe if I spent more time on it, but from just a rewatch I can't figure out what they are trying to say.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Hiiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2013, 05:17:13 am »

they apparently have an official youtube channel containing among other things five full length films. which one should we watch and discuss first?

Ooh ho ho hooo! Thanks for the find :D

A Broad Bellflower.
Spoiler: Lesson learned (click to show/hide)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2013, 10:24:35 am »

I see great things in the future of this thread.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2013, 11:03:36 am »

PTW

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2013, 11:14:57 am »

I see great things in the future of this thread.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2013, 11:17:53 am »

That's obviously fake.

In real life they'd bow and stay a minimum of fifty meters away in case he is too crowded.

Also, why is there a kid with a shotgun and a cap with the Japanese flag within shooting distance of the exalted leader? Isn't that a bit... dangerous?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2013, 11:21:34 am »

... it's a painting. Not a photo. Hard to be anything but fake :P

Also fairly sure it's just a red stripe, not a rising sun wuzzit.

... and pretty sure that's not a shotgun, too >_> Given it's a kid I'd probably guess BB or pellet. Which, I mean. Might put out an eye?

Pretty well done, though, I'd say. Not a particularly bad artist, whoever did it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2013, 11:23:17 am »

Yeah, but in Bestkorea you depict the reality of what is happening. Anything other is dirty capitalism. That's what propaganda is, right?

Anyway, it's a risk. A spy could disguise a shotgun as a BB gun, right? You can't be implying North Korea has terrible security procedures. That's a bad image.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2013, 12:42:34 pm »

Yeah, but in Bestkorea you depict the reality of what is happening. Anything other is dirty capitalism. That's what propaganda is, right?

Anyway, it's a risk. A spy could disguise a shotgun as a BB gun, right? You can't be implying North Korea has terrible security procedures. That's a bad image.

hohoho

Is someone here implying a LOYAL CITIZEN OF BEST KOREA and PROUD SCHOLAR OF JUCHE IDEOLOGY would dare take a potshot at THE GLORIOUS LEADER?

It's not like the GLORIOUS LEADER wouldn't punch the bullets out of the air with the power of THE WORKER'S FIST.

You're silly.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2013, 01:03:01 pm »

I like how the poll for this thread has two options, both of which are identical, and still doesn't allow you to choose either one to vote for. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2013, 01:10:40 pm »

What if some South Korean spy figures out how to vote for South Korea? Then that'd be just wrong. You, loyal citizen, will always of course vote for North Korea, correct?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2013, 01:14:54 pm »

What if some South Korean spy figures out how to vote for South Korea? Then that'd be just wrong. You, loyal citizen, will always of course vote for North Korea, correct?
Do not fear citizens! Dear poll leader checks day and night for spies, which is why he votes for you!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2013, 01:53:18 pm »

i'm pretty sure the dubbing in the documentary is fake. if you turn on automatic subtitles and translate them you get a slightly coherent very different speech.
i feel cheated. of a genuinely entertaining experience. instead, this was merely a deceivingly entertaining experience, i guess
Youtube's automatic captions are notoriously bad, even for videos in English. And, even if basic Korean captioning was correct, the English translation would butcher it because most automatic translators I know of can't handle East Asian languages.

I know this is from a day ago, but I just want to say, if I was Canadian I would totally join the Motorcycle Knights.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2013, 02:03:16 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Look out, that kid's got a gun!
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2013, 02:08:13 pm »

Exactly my point. There's at least four military officers there and no-one is doing a thing.

Will no-one protect our great leader!?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10