Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Taking Modding Requests  (Read 10063 times)

Werehuman

• Bay Watcher
  • Talented Modder
    • View Profile
Re: Taking Modding Requests
« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2013, 02:30:46 pm »

I'm not completely sure how to make it bleed. I want it to be able to. The thing is, these things are supposed to come in vast numbers, yet if one of them can't be killed by 30 grand master bronze colossi dual wielding adamantine axes, I'm not sure I can have them. :/
+Signature+
This signature menaces with spikes of boringness.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2013, 02:33:05 pm »

Well, to make it bleed, give it the BLOOD token.

Werehuman

• Bay Watcher
  • Talented Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 13, 2013, 03:03:10 pm »

I added arteries and stuff, didn't see that. Ok, now it dies, but still unarmed and unskilled it kills a very skilled swordsdwarf in full steel armor with a steel short sword. Further testing will continue. It died from a massive mob of adamantine wielding dwarves, unarmored. Going to find the scale at which it barely loses.
+Signature+

Morgorin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 13, 2013, 03:24:42 pm »

The demon's recuperation rate is pretty high (I think, I'm fairly new at modding, myself). 

After 47 rounds of combat:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think if you really wanted to make the demon more defeat-able, lowering the recuperation could help with that. 
Quote from: Xune
Urist McFred cancels these pants: too sexy.

Werehuman

• Bay Watcher
  • Talented Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 13, 2013, 04:07:37 pm »

I've toned it down a lot from what I had it before. Before, I had one single demon, surrounded by ~100 various creatures, such as dwarves clad in adamantine, bronze colossi, other demons, and such all on the same team. This single demon had the near equivalent of planepacked in scars, about 12 full pages of it. Everything breakable was broken, including its brain. Its brain was finely shredded. It just wouldn't die. Now it dies of bleeding, so yeah its good now.
+Signature+

Werehuman

• Bay Watcher
  • Talented Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 14, 2013, 10:28:08 am »

I be still accepting requests. There was like two of you somewhere in this thread who asked for one, I pm'ed you but you never responded. I can do creatures, rocks, gems, metals, pretty much anything except transformations and workshops (especially transformation workshops).
+Signature+

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 14, 2013, 01:37:19 pm »

I be still accepting requests. There was like two of you somewhere in this thread who asked for one, I pm'ed you but you never responded. I can do creatures, rocks, gems, metals, pretty much anything except transformations and workshops (especially transformation workshops).
Can you add in a gem that when touched, cause a siege?
Is that possible?
Do I care?
You tell me.
cept for the last one.....I got that myself....its no.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 14, 2013, 01:46:50 pm »

I can do it with an addon to itemsyndrome :V but that would require a known goblin civ id...

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #113 on: March 14, 2013, 03:27:02 pm »

Make a creature that lives underground and spits molten gold, and has gold for blood. Make it have a thin rocky crust that cracks and bleeds easily.

Dwarves that fight it should generally become very rich and extremely dead.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Werehuman

• Bay Watcher
  • Talented Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 14, 2013, 11:28:03 pm »

@PTTG For the gold as blood part, I'm pretty sure unless you want solid gold you want it liquid. If it is liquid, it will be pretty hot. Like melt dwarf hot. Might just be part of the fun though. Any specific kind of rocky crust, like native gold, or just generic 'rock'? Native gold might be easier and make sense. I assume you want it to drop a masterwork gold statue on death similar to a bronze colossus, though considering it is molten it might be less though.
@KingofstarrySkies
Beyond my ability. Sorry 'bout that, but I stink at interactions and judging by was putnam said it would be fairly difficult.
I'll try to get on both of these started by tomorrow, but no promises.
+Signature+

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 14, 2013, 11:32:50 pm »

@PTTG For the gold as blood part, I'm pretty sure unless you want solid gold you want it liquid. If it is liquid, it will be pretty hot. Like melt dwarf hot. Might just be part of the fun though. Any specific kind of rocky crust, like native gold, or just generic 'rock'? Native gold might be easier and make sense. I assume you want it to drop a masterwork gold statue on death similar to a bronze colossus, though considering it is molten it might be less though.
@KingofstarrySkies
Beyond my ability. Sorry 'bout that, but I stink at interactions and judging by was putnam said it would be fairly difficult.
I'll try to get on both of these started by tomorrow, but no promises.

I think that's the goal :V

Also, the interaction thing? Yeah, that'd be... hella difficult, to say the least. Require DFHack n' stuff.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 15, 2013, 01:07:38 am »

You could make one insanely expensive random rock, that would come to the same thing.
I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Werehuman

• Bay Watcher
  • Talented Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 15, 2013, 09:29:09 am »

Either I've coded my demons wrong, but in my experience homeotherm doesn't work the way I wanted it to. When I added just a bit more to my demons, who had the fireimmune_super tag, they quickly melted to death. I can just cheat off of masterwork and check out examples in its code, since I am testing out masterwork anyways. Saw something in there to make pus and blood not solid at room temperature, so I can just do the semi-lazy route for having gold blood. I'll use native gold as the crust.
Going to work on it once I stop being lazyget my act together.
+Signature+

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 15, 2013, 10:35:31 am »

Either I've coded my demons wrong, but in my experience homeotherm doesn't work the way I wanted it to. When I added just a bit more to my demons, who had the fireimmune_super tag, they quickly melted to death. I can just cheat off of masterwork and check out examples in its code, since I am testing out masterwork anyways. Saw something in there to make pus and blood not solid at room temperature, so I can just do the semi-lazy route for having gold blood. I'll use native gold as the crust.
Going to work on it once I stop being lazyget my act together.

It would probably be better to use MAT_FIXED_TEMP, which should make them immune to their own heat.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Werehuman

• Bay Watcher
  • Talented Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 15, 2013, 10:43:45 am »

That's very helpful, forgot about that tag for some reason. Thanks. :P
+Signature+
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11