Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20

Author Topic: You are King: Chronicles of Nocte - IC Thread  (Read 18938 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: You are King: Chronicles of Nocte - IC Thread
« Reply #270 on: April 17, 2013, 02:32:51 pm »

Araline rolled her eyes, motioning for the carriage driver to move on.

"Does your inane babble impress the slow witted? Do you usually threaten to murder random people you meet with day to day? Sorry, Mr. Chancy, but I'm not impressed. No, not impressed at all.

And, I'm quite proud of my heritage, yes. You know, my people? villainous ruddy skinned raiders, swooping down from the mountains and burning your crops, stealing your glory, enjoying your women. Why, you could almost blame every bad thing thats ever happened to your country in all time on my shoulders, couldn't you? Oh, I'm sure you do Mr. Chancy. Keeps you warm at night, no doubt about that."

She chuckled dismissively, turning to look out the window.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 17, 2013, 02:42:27 pm »

[2] To your credit, Marken's hand twitches towards his coat, before he breathes out, giving a small chuckle, slipping into the carriage in front of you, instead of sitting with the now nervous driver, who glances back at the two of you with wide eyes.

"I've cut out tongues out for less slandering words. And not random people, just stupid women from uncivilized stock who think they're actually close to being human, instead of something little better than wolves."

[4] "Although, I must admire your gall and bile. Most diplomats are actually smart enough not to press after the first threat." he rests back in the seat, looking out the window at the ruddy streets. "I hate cowards more than barbarians, to be perfectly honest."
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 17, 2013, 02:51:57 pm »

Valerian bowed to his king and left the chamber to take the new "Inquisitor" to his superiors.
He didn't bother talking to the man, all that was needed to be said was said. Besides, he had a mission to fulfill. A mission he promised to a tortured mage and he would see it through.

He summoned Remus after he came back to his quarters.
"Well then, Mr. Mercenary. How much do I owe you? 1 ducat, yes? any letter of recommendation or information you need of me before we part ways?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 17, 2013, 02:57:03 pm »

"At least you are picky in your choice of meat, I suppose. As for me, I'm no coward, and I'm not a diplomat either. Take it as you will.

And, I do believe a pressing admiration with be as far as we will ever get, Mr. Chancy. It is clear that if we continue in this specific vein of conversation, one of us will not leave this carriage alive."
She paused to take a look at the sky.

"For me at least, it is a fine day, and I'd hate to ruin my pretty coat by cutting your flapping jaw off it's hinges." She said, smiling sweetly. "So, how about we talk of what else we both hate, aside from each other? Perhaps the time will pass and we can both have a nice afternoon, only later darkly dreaming of what might have conspired had we been more honest with ourselves. I know I will, dear.

The nation of Dru, for example...what is your opinion? How very much do you love them and their people?"

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 17, 2013, 03:15:13 pm »

[5]"Visil Dru? I hope it burns, and that gods-be-damned mass murdering oath-breaking king along with it."
[1]"They whittle away at our kingdom, slaughter, burn and murder our people, villages conquered by them are thrice by thrice decimated. Their soldiers kill man, woman and child in order to, as they say, lighten the population and you ask me how I feel about Dru?"

He shakes his head, breathing out slowly. "I hate them, in case it wasn't apparent."
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 17, 2013, 03:15:25 pm »

Ramus nodded to the man as he spoke, this time feeling slightly awkward wearing no shoes, he shook his head slightly as Valerian finished trying to ignore the throbbing headache of his hangover from the previous night. Now that he looked back at the night, what little he could remember, letting Samus talk him into letting loose for a day had been a terrible idea, running a hand through his hair he sits back a bit. Clearing his throat he replies,

"One ducat would be the payment, though I would very much like to have a meeting with the King the next time I return to the capital, if you could arrange that of course."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 17, 2013, 03:24:33 pm »

"Well, then we find common ground at last. I too have seen a fire lit upon that nation-a scouring flame to remove the taint of their insanity and depredations. I hate no man for where he lives, but I despise disorder and those who thrive on it.

I do believe, soon enough, you might get your black wish. We'll have to win the war, though....or die trying, as they say. I suppose it comes to the same thing-everyone dies, eventually. Even then, maybe the Gods favor you doubly and I shall perish as well as they in the attempt-let that thought bring a smile to your face, why don't you?"
She said, evenhandedly.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 17, 2013, 03:29:17 pm »

Valerian looked carefully at the man, raising an eyebrow as he hear the request.

"Meeting with a king? May I know what for? I am the head of his security, so anything you would say to him you can safely say to me."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 21, 2013, 12:28:13 am »

Action: End my conversation with Mr. Stabby and go chat with Old Queen about Old Times because we're Old.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 21, 2013, 05:38:17 pm »

Ramus let out a small chuckle as he listened to Valerian's reaction, he was quite dedicated to his job it seemed which would be good to note later Ramus thought as he contemplated his reply. Sitting up straight he replied,

"It depends on what happens, who knows the outcome of what a man seeks to do all he can hope for is that the dice come up in his favor after all. Its your decision, decide now, or decide later though I may be dead by then."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 21, 2013, 05:45:02 pm »

Valerian's face turned stern.

"While I enjoy riddles and mysticism to a degree, I must know your business with the king or refuse you. Your purpose mut be clear, lest I get in trouble for wasting royal time and endangering His Majesty."

He started tapping his fingers lightly on the table, awaiting a clear reply this time.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 21, 2013, 05:58:21 pm »

With that Ramus stood up with a broad grin and started walking towards the door, talking over his shoulder he replied,

"I don't know why I want to meet him myself yet, I'll explain the next time we meet if I come back alive and you can decide then but for now let what I say be my reason. Good day Captain, I hope we live to meet each other again."

With that Ramus left heading off to the inn his captains had taken as there home for the time being, along the way he began to whistle and he felt the coming years would be entertaining if he lived through them.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 21, 2013, 06:19:30 pm »

Valerian handed the man his pay before he left. He didn't like unclear words and the whole mysticism deal in reality - his duty was enough for him and part of his duty was to keep his promises. Like the one he made to a one mage some time ago. He retrieved his sword form the armoury where it gathered dust ever since the execution and set off for Oakburg, to fulfill a promise he made.

Pay out 1d to Ramus.
Take small retinue of guards and head north to village Oakburg. search for a grave of a knight nameed Taim.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 26, 2013, 07:31:03 am »

Jarod closed the book, weary. Bad news, as usual. He had had little but those for weeks now. Slowly, he picked a pen and a paper, and wrote a quick letter to be sent at one of his men in the city. He had other things to do this morning than chase after wild possibilities mentioned in an old book.

Inquire about what was done with the ashes of the fire specters things.

With that done, he got up and went for a walk. His work in summer was just beginning.

Look for the best smith in the city.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 28, 2013, 12:55:33 pm »

Inquire about interesting boardgames that have come into fashion in Visil Dru
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20