Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: You are King: Chronicles of Nocte - OOC Thread - Open to Applications  (Read 3671 times)

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King: Chronicles of Nocte - OOC Thread - Open to Applications
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2013, 04:14:21 pm »

Dunno, guess I'll give it some time and see once I get out of the city.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2013, 01:51:41 pm »

Incomes, Parcels, Armies and etc, here.

Pike/Reach: +3 Str vs Cavalry-capable units.
Upgrade Cost: 1 Ducat
Upkeep: +1 Ducat/year

Berserker: +1 Str when attacking. Note: Berserker regiments are gained through valarous action by the regiment and the PC leading it into such a thing.
Upgrade Cost: 0.5 Ducats
Upkeep: +0.5 Ducats/year

Archer III (Recurve): +1 Str in defensive stance.  +0.5 Str when fighting on hills/mountains.  +0.5 Str when defending fortifications.  +1 if unit is also mounted (cavalry or other).  Stacks with archer III.
Cost: +1d.  Upkeep: +0.5d.  Requires High Quality Lumber.

Felt that this should be changed, since Berserker and Pikemen aren't in the game and should be, due to Calvary being OP without it. Also Recurve should have a higher difficulty rating to get, due to their power in defense. When Azthor gets back he can change it back or refute it, I guess.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 03:55:29 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King: Chronicles of Nocte - OOC Thread
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2013, 03:50:57 pm »

Spoiler: Ramus the Turncoat (click to show/hide)

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2013, 03:42:44 pm »

Spoiler: WIP (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 03:49:51 pm by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2013, 04:40:17 pm »

Seems I'll be out of communication for about two days, guys. Oh well!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2013, 06:46:58 pm »

Spoiler: "Hrosskel Jernhond" (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 07:07:19 pm by Urist_McDrowner »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2013, 02:45:42 am »

I just noticed Dwarmin that we didn't finish that conversation yet. Eh, perhaps it was all but a dream?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2013, 03:57:15 am »

((my charisma trait is being taken into account, right?))
Indeed. But for some things, like noticing the spies and having a bad roll on what type of coinage you paid the guard in and if he noticed it aren't acceptable for charisma to modify.

Also, I generally add bonuses when you need it, if you're rolling fives and sixes and fours, when you get spoken to, it's a bit worthless to add a one to it. I hope you don't mind? I can go back and edit the +1's in if you like.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2013, 04:07:51 am »

Nah, just making sure that it's being taken into account.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2013, 09:35:39 am »

Are you just running off with my Money? Because you could have just said that you are a Diplomat from Nocte...would have made things easier...and you wouldn't have squandered MY money ;)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2013, 07:17:47 pm »

The element of surprise is a most powerful one, Ghaz.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2013, 01:52:01 pm »

So, for all those who don't keep up with the IRC, i'm starting(haha) to get burnt out with YAK and am looking for a co-gm or am going to take a break from YAK until Azthor gets back/I find a co-gm. I will finish the Were-Warg and Ghoul plots, but after that YAK is on hiatus for a bit while I and my shitty writing, recover.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2013, 04:08:49 pm »

Alright so I'm gonna take a step back from being a player in YaK. Ardas I'm giving you control of my troops for the rest of this mission (You'll compensate me if they die :P) then they'll just fade out for a little while until I come back to play. The reason I'm stepping back as a player is to help run YaK until Az returns or another solid Co-GM is found, of course its up to you guys if you don't want me to Co-GM I won't but running a game like this with one GM is a bit crazy so I hope you the players don't mind me GMing for a while.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2013, 03:23:49 pm »

~Improved!~
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 05:52:30 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Deep Waters

• Bay Watcher
  • earth does break the things that we make
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2013, 06:03:00 pm »

The Former Imperial State of Uccelanica (Revised)

~History~

Commonly shortened to ‘Lanica, with its people being ‘Lanics, the Uccelanican state is far to the west of Nocte, located across Lannic Gulf and almost in the center of the Windling Sea-- it is technically an island nation, and otherwise completely cut off from the rest of the world, but this was not always so.

In times long gone, ‘Lanica was an great and powerful empire-they had stormed from their isolated island-continent under the Immortal God-King Nobgon Ginn the Third, and their terrifying magical powers and advanced battle tactics made short work of the divided, barbaric tribes that stood against them. They conquered many lands, and many peoples-- even today, their ruins and architecture stand proud in the furthest corners of the land, guarded by the arcane horrors they spawned with their blatant abuse of magic. Many of those terrible creatures still roam the lands, freed by the departure of their masters; others still stand watch over the moldering remnants of those ancient structures as fervently as the days they were built.

Once, the Lanics ruled the entire west coast of the continent Nocte calls home, and had made significant gains across the southern coast and inland. By all right, they were the world’s first empire, and responsible for many advancements in science, magic, art, literature, philosophy, and, of course, warfare. For a time, there was peace in the world, albeit under the iron first of the magocratic God-Kings of ‘Lanica... but, like everything else in the mortal realm, it did not last.

Their inevitable decline was prolonged, and it could not be blamed on any single catastrophe. Most historians, however, point to their hubris-filled attempt to reach into the realms of the Gods themselves via the construction of a literal tower to the heavens, requiring the deaths of thousands of slaves, as the catalyst. The endeavor ultimately bankrupted ‘Lanica, and the unrest that had been churning beneath the surface all along finally boiled over, erupting in an empire-wide rebellion that fell the dynasty of the God-King.

‘Lanica was forced to retreat back to their island home, where their nation predictab collapsed into civil war and mass riots. Their days of conquest and glory lost forever, Uccelanica withdrew from the world, and the world in turn fell back into the watchful darkness.

~Today~

Modern Uccelanica is, ironically, relatively peaceful-- at least to the rest of the world. Though many countries still envy and fear their power, they are far enough away that few give them much thought. The ‘Lanics themselves barely hold themselves together-- though nominally still one unified nation, in practice, ‘Lanica is divided into city-states ruled by powerful mage-princes, whom frequently wage war against each other for prestige and power. They still maintain control the sea trade in the Windling, and their navy is one of the best in the world. They commonly use halberds and crossbows in ground battles-- usually to pin enemies in place for either devastating magical strikes, or charges from their infamous Terror Bird cavalry-- riders who instead of horses mount the massive and ferocious flightless birds known as Stormwings. Despite the colorful plumage of both bird and rider, a full-grown male Stormwing can easily exceed the height of a man at the shoulder. They can run as fast as any horse and for much longer, while their oversized talons can disembowel men with a kick and their brightly-striped beaks can snip off limbs like cleavers.

They are also one of the few places that allows magic to be practiced freely, if at the price of heavy regulations and a complex licensing system-- it would boggle many to know there are actually schools and academies precisely for the training of mages, and it would further shock and alarm if they were to learn that they welcome those of noble and common heritage alike. This has caused no lack of dissent among the religious regarding their place in the order of the heavens, though ‘Lanics are no more or less religious than any other nation.

They worship a predictable combination of the standard Gods, along with their own in various animal and elemental forces, all of which have a place in Lanica daily life-- the rain is welcomed in spring, the wind in fall, and so on. Several of the more prominent gods even have their own Cults of Mystery centered around them. In old times, the God-King, the powerful archmage that ruled ‘Lanica with absolute power, was literally worshipped as divine-- said to be a god who descended from the heavens and became mortal in order to guide the people of ‘Lanica, and who is reborn after death as the most powerful mage in the land. The title, and all that came with it, was earned through the Trial of the Divine Crown, a tournament held ten years after the death of the last God-King (with a predetermined regent ruling in the intervening time), in which the most powerful mages of the day fought to the death for the right to be recognized as the God-King reborn. While the tournament is still held today (albeit without the battles to the death), the title it grants is now an empty one, having retained all the prestige but none of the power.

Due to their position and unique population requirements, it is also not surprising to know that Lanica is also the heaviest importer and exporter of slave labor in the world. In fact, they are the origin of a specific (and rather dimly-viewed) branch of magic known as psionic manipulation, or Willbending. Powerful Willbenders can subtly mold the thoughts of a riled crowd toward or away from rioting, or crush even the most potent mind into malleable goo-- though they seem unwilling to share this 'gift' with other nations, perhaps out of fear of backlash. Even among their own people, Willbenders are more feared and avoided than praised or respected.

While all this talk of power and magic might give one the impression that Uccelanica could easily rise up to take the world by storm once more, one merely must take a look at the state of the Phoenix Tower (‘Lanica’s version of an Imperial Palace and the site of their vain attempt to reach the realm of the Gods) in Argedome, their capital-- on the outside, it is pristine, with well-manicured gardens and an army of willing slaves serving every whim. On the inside, it is all hollowed-out grandeur-- empty rooms, chipped walls, and dim corridors, silent but for the echoing footsteps of the occasional servant and the scuttle of rats. ‘Lanica is a shell of what it once was, and its people know it all too well. There is no lack of melancholy and a certain amount of fatalism among them, along with a stiff-necked pride that leaves them feeling the need to remind the world that, once upon a time, they owned it all-- earth, sea and sky. It makes them great fun at dinner parties.
[23:14:34] <GameMaster> And so (...) a one-armed dwarf and a mage wearing a blanket walk into a tomb.
[23:14:42] <GameMaster> Sadly, that isn't a joke.

[20:42:03] <HailFire> our wizard tower just got smoked by projectile cats from space
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4