Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21

Author Topic: Leaders of a burning World (ICC)  (Read 21593 times)

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Leaders of a burning World (ICC)
« Reply #255 on: May 22, 2013, 05:15:26 pm »

"I'd point out, Australian, that Switzerland pre-calamity had lower rates of murder despite a very high population density, significantly higher than Australia's, and every single adult male between 18 and 45 owning a fully automatic weapon. This is a debate we've had before, and I'm still very against the idea of significant gun control."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 22, 2013, 05:27:26 pm »

"I believe there also happens to be a matter of training as well. The fact that just about every one of those men had signifigant levels of military training is also. As for the gun control part, I believe that was an unintended diversion started by the Sky lords, and at any rate one system may work for one nation, while a different one works for another.

And on the topic of arms sales, while the Dominion does not condone the transfer of military weapons in return for payment, we neither condemn it either. I can agree that certain restrictions should be placed upon the industry though."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 22, 2013, 05:34:13 pm »

"Actually, the New Order folks brought it up when they suggested that we should all implement strict weapon control to stop the terrorists. And, in any case, we too agree that some restrictions are a good idea...as we do with most things, come to think of it. But let's see if we can get away from firearms and false accusations and get back to solutions. What does everyone think of an international organization like I suggested earlier?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 22, 2013, 05:43:40 pm »

"My government would have to know a little more. We're apprehensive of international organizations, always have been. What did you have in mind?"

sammyo12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 22, 2013, 06:06:28 pm »

The Eiretic minister for Foreign Affairs Ian Walsh wearing a black tracksuit, sat quietly in his chair thinking about the recent events piecing each moment for any thoughts of the recent terrorist group motives before speaking up loudly " As well all know we each gathered here today for the specific reason of the recent rise in terrorist activity in the past couple of months, of all the terrorist groups we had the years the one we call Horus Khopesh seem to be just about the worse, we have all been through some hard times due to wars, famines, plagues and other forms of horrors commited over the years." He cameily relaxes into his chair before continuing on with what he has to say. "It is true that due to recent events we have all be forced to the edge and that is why we came here, the group we are mainly hunting down seem to be well connected right wing milita and its just a theory but they may be only a cell group within a bigger organisation which may still be unknown. Our prime focus is to come up with methods of dealing with these threats and focusing on obtaining information as to what is their motives, their cell structure and how we will handle them!." Ian smiles as he takes a sip from his beer flask.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 22, 2013, 06:20:22 pm »

"This might just be me, but I'd rather create the political infrastructure to deal with ALL such threats than just deal with this organization. For instance, some kind of international organization...called perhaps the Iunctus Foedus Terrarum et Solis or something. Anyways, this IFTS or Iftes or whatever would presumably have some kind of international police to investigate and stop such multinational terrorists, as well as the obvious committees working on international cooperation and regulation and such. More ideas? Let's brainstorm a bit here."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 22, 2013, 09:43:00 pm »

"This might just be me, but I'd rather create the political infrastructure to deal with ALL such threats than just deal with this organization. For instance, some kind of international organization...called perhaps the Iunctus Foedus Terrarum et Solis or something. Anyways, this IFTS or Iftes or whatever would presumably have some kind of international police to investigate and stop such multinational terrorists, as well as the obvious committees working on international cooperation and regulation and such. More ideas? Let's brainstorm a bit here."

The Mongolian general muses over what the Sky Lord diplomats has said.  "We may want to keep the committees to a minimum.  We wouldn't want a time-sensitive strike that could potentially destroy a terrorist group could pass the organization by, while they are stuck in bureaucratic channels within itself."
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 22, 2013, 09:50:23 pm »

"That's why the committees and such wouldn't be given time-sensitive tasks. Those would be left to the police-like organization."
Sig

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 22, 2013, 10:09:04 pm »

"And what of national sovereignty? Can we at least establish 'trusted' nations that can't have foreign powers eliminating their terrorists without substantial meetings and telling the country involved?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 22, 2013, 10:12:59 pm »

"I'm confused. Are you saying that you want there to be nations where terrorists won't be prosecuted? Or do you just want to be notified before they do so?"
Sig

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 22, 2013, 10:14:11 pm »

"I want there to be certain nations that if terrorists are suspected, they are notified before action. That's really the only way my goverment could sign off on it."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 22, 2013, 10:21:01 pm »

"The terrorists or the nation? If the former, you're an idiot, but if the latter, I don't see why that privilege would need to be specially given. It could be removed at times, of course, but I feel that it should be the norm rather than the exception."
Sig

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 23, 2013, 01:20:03 pm »

The now familier figure of the Baltic president sat at his chair, apparently mulling something over, before finally breaking his silence.
"I would just like to say that although my country has, up til now Thank God not suffered from the attentions of these terrorists since that Event a few years ago, we will be happy to help those that are."
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 23, 2013, 06:15:15 pm »

"I would just like to say that although my country has, up til now Thank God not suffered from the attentions of these terrorists since that Event a few years ago, we will be happy to help those that are."

"We also have not been touched, so far, but I am certain that the majority of our population will be glad to assist in any efforts, if only to prevent any contact with terrorists in the future."
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 23, 2013, 06:20:27 pm »

While we realize that other countries may be hesitant to restrict guns, we would like to propose two documents. The first is a treaty regulating the sale of heavy weapons internationally. The second establishes an international Antiterrorist Council dedicated to coordinating antiterror efforts.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21