Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21

Author Topic: Leaders of a burning World (ICC)  (Read 21610 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Leaders of a burning World (ICC)
« Reply #180 on: April 24, 2013, 05:09:06 am »

What would prove the Great Plan to you? We can't reveal all that Swizerland can, for risk of jeapordizing the Great Plan. In a few years the Great Plan will, if there are no delays, be complete. We don't know how we might use nukes, which is why we wish to keep them. Later we might find we needed those weapons.

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 24, 2013, 05:21:16 am »

"There are many ways of accomplishing the same thing. Like I said, just telling us HOW it helps humanity would be an excellent start."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 24, 2013, 05:23:42 am »

It protects humanity against outside threats. After the Great Plan, the body snatchers and Watchers won't be able to get to us.

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 24, 2013, 07:58:32 am »

The delegate firmly placed his forehead in his palm, shook his head numerous times, then took a deep breath and looked up again. "Alright, here's what I'm going to do. I'll treat that concern as legitimate. First, what reason to you have to suspect that that particular issue is a major concern, and second, if the aliens have figured out interstellar travel, which none of us have, don't you think they'd have countermeasures against nukes?"

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 24, 2013, 01:07:13 pm »

"Hey, since we're trading secrets, we're planning to build a massive battleshi-----t." the president looked down at the can in his hand, before glancing upwards again, grinning sheepishly. "I wasn't supposed to say that, was I? WHAT WAS THAT I JUST SAID? Just forget it. Must have been the beer talking. Silly me. Eheh. Erm...."
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 24, 2013, 01:49:59 pm »

The nuclear devices aren't for blowing things up. We don't know what they might be used for. In any case, we have only nuclear warheads, so we would not violate the proposed reasonable deterrance.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 24, 2013, 04:25:29 pm »

What would prove the Great Plan to you? We can't reveal all that Swizerland can, for risk of jeapordizing the Great Plan. In a few years the Great Plan will, if there are no delays, be complete. We don't know how we might use nukes, which is why we wish to keep them. Later we might find we needed those weapons.
"I'm sorry. This plan is so already-planned that someone finding out details will doom it all, but so unplanned that you're not sure if you need nukes? And as for proof, some explanation of a nonvital bit would be a good start."

It protects humanity against outside threats. After the Great Plan, the body snatchers and Watchers won't be able to get to us.
"The WHAT?"

The nuclear devices aren't for blowing things up. We don't know what they might be used for. In any case, we have only nuclear warheads, so we would not violate the proposed reasonable deterrance.
"Forgive me, but if you don't have missiles, what good would they be for deterrence? 'If you nuke us, we'll detonate these warheads in our own cities and rob you of the pleasure!'?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 24, 2013, 04:30:34 pm »

Life expectancy is unusualy low because of periodic cullings to eliminate any body snatchers or other supposed unknown evils

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 24, 2013, 08:55:35 pm »

"I have to make a phone call."

--------------

"I've just recieved word from the federal council. After informing them of the New Order's plan, they have instructed me to present a different plan, and scrap the old one. And that plan is to present an entirely different treaty. In order for weapons talks to continue, all parties must be signatory to a Non-Eugenics pledge. Basically, it's a really easy sign for the sane of us promising not to kill the infirm simply because they're infirm or elderly. If the New Order will not sign it, I am to walk out of this convention."

He opened his notepad, scribbled something, drew several lines on the back and tore the page, placing it on the table. "Everyone sign this. It says exactly what I said earlier. You will not cull or ethnically cleanse your populaces. You will not kill the blind or otherwise handicapped without a better reason. This treaty is to be administered by the first post-calamity intergovernmental body; The UN Comission of Sane People, and enforced by the general body."

He threw an elaborate ball point pen in front of the digital representation. "Yeah, I know it's symbolic. You'll have a more detailed document arriving in about a week."
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 08:57:11 pm by Urist_McDrowner »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 24, 2013, 08:57:13 pm »

((You don't know about that yet.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 24, 2013, 09:36:24 pm »

"Hold on, lemme see that. Hold it up to the camera...okay, this is worthless. Just tell me: Does it still allow voluntary termination?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 24, 2013, 09:43:31 pm »

"Yeah, sure, whatever. The point is to course correct this meeting by clearly delineating who is a rational actor and who isn't."
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 11:15:35 pm by Urist_McDrowner »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 24, 2013, 10:02:02 pm »

"Sounds good. We've got some procedural stuff to work through, but I'd imagine it'll pass."
Sig

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 24, 2013, 11:13:10 pm »

"The dominion would be more than willing to sign such an agreement."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 25, 2013, 03:48:50 am »

The USSA would be more than willing to sign this document.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21