Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21

Author Topic: Leaders of a burning World (ICC)  (Read 21631 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Leaders of a burning World (ICC)
« Reply #165 on: April 23, 2013, 05:07:25 am »

The Great Plan is what we are always working towards. It's a plan to better humanity and protect it from threats, though it will need awhile yet before it is ready. The suspicion of our colleagues here is caused by our need to keep as much of the Great Plan secret as possible, in order for it to work properly.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 23, 2013, 05:39:25 am »

The president looks towards the Swiss delegate. So, are you in favour of the non-aggression pact? Of course, allowing aggressions towards countries that were not here, and non-aligned pieces of land.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 23, 2013, 07:52:29 am »

The delegate took a thoughtful drink from his spritzer, and shook his head sadly. "Allow me to attempt a different approach. What are the relevant details of the Great Plan? Namly, WHY it has to be kept secret IF it were to better humanity. Are we not humans? Do we not have an interest in bettering humanity?  As for the NAP, I wish the world were quite so simple, but there would need to be sizable exemptions for responding to provocation, allowing pre-emption, and punishing terrorism, particularly in a world of nuclear terrorists."

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 23, 2013, 12:34:54 pm »

"welp, it starts again. Pass me another can, would you?"
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 23, 2013, 01:59:10 pm »

If a certain part of the plan were revealed to someone who might wish to harm humanity, the plan will fail. If we tell anyone, the secrets will get out and the risk of those such as the terrorist group that destroyed the world learning them will be too great. Do you think they wish us to save humanity?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 23, 2013, 04:28:20 pm »

"The problem, Helvetican, is that I don't know if they won't use them. Speaking of them...Order folks, you say that 'if a certain part of the plan was revealed', yadda yadda, apocalypse. What's the danger of revealing other parts of the plan?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 23, 2013, 04:29:19 pm »

If we reveal the other parts, the entirety might be extrapolated.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 23, 2013, 05:00:34 pm »

"Hey, there's an invisible elephant on the table. Prove me wrong."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 23, 2013, 05:01:40 pm »

You forget I can't see the table. Is it big enough to hold an elephant? Is it sturdy enough?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 23, 2013, 05:11:37 pm »

"It's a weightless elephant small enough to fit on the table."
Sig

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 23, 2013, 05:18:31 pm »

Why is it on the table?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 23, 2013, 05:23:47 pm »

"It can teleport.

"Do you get my point yet?"
Sig

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 23, 2013, 05:25:52 pm »

Not really. I'm willing to accept there might be something like that on the table. Why would there not be one, what with all the strange things in the universe?

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 23, 2013, 09:16:17 pm »

"I must concur with the delegate from the Sky Lords. Just telling us HOW it benefits humanity would be a spectacular start. But hey, I'll go first. In Switzerland, we have a secret program. It will help us by protecting our networks against man in the middle attacks. It is OBVIOUSLY non-nuclear and non WMD. It relates to computer security. That's all the details I at least would need to be able to trust you. Now imagine if I only said 'In Switzerland we're working on an operation, and it will strengthen our computer capacity immensely.', and then refused to share any of the prior details with you. That makes people think that you're not telling them those details because you have some reason to not want them to know."
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 09:31:33 pm by Urist_McDrowner »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 23, 2013, 10:17:38 pm »

Not really. I'm willing to accept there might be something like that on the table. Why would there not be one, what with all the strange things in the universe?
"My point is that it's a bit suspicious that your plan is simply tangled enough that revealing the slightest point of data about it would risk compromising the whole thing, yet it's simple enough that it can be hidden enough that doing so isn't an act of futility. It's also something we can inherently trust and which will definitely benefit humanity and not backfire despite this very complexity. I don't think such a plan is possible; hence, I want proof. There's also the fact that the Plan might involve nukes, and hence I want to know what their use may be. Oh, and there's also the fact that Occam's Razor suggests that you're simply making up the plan to excuse any actions you like: 'It's for the Plan!'"
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21