Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 537167 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WAR CANCELLED, DISAPPOINTMENT, EVERYBODY GO HOME [North Korea Thread]
« Reply #885 on: April 12, 2013, 02:45:30 pm »

So threatening shooting down missiles will be met with more missiles which will have more countermissiles shot which will have more missiles shot which-ERROR BRAIN OVERFLOW

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: April 12, 2013, 02:47:14 pm »

So threatening shooting down missiles will be met with more missiles which will have more countermissiles shot which will have more missiles shot which-ERROR BRAIN OVERFLOW

Well, if all the countermissiles are fired at the first wave, then the remaining missiles would do some damage.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: April 12, 2013, 02:58:16 pm »

Or you know, the countermissiles can miss. They only have a 75% hitrate, I believe.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: April 12, 2013, 03:04:16 pm »

That snake avatar.

Is a thing of beauty.

Meanwhile North Korea threatens that the threat of shooting down missiles will be met with the threat of missiles.
So NK just announced in front of their own people that they will start the war. Now the war will have to happen, or NK's leaders will lose face in front of the people. Dammit.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: April 12, 2013, 03:09:38 pm »

I'm so fucking sick of North Korean logic. It's like trying to debate a 12-year-old, who boldly states "I DON'T CARE IF I MAKE NO SENSE, FUCK YOU."

Likewise, the headlines make me want to reach through the internet and punch the writers in their testicles/ovaries. Christ.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 03:11:48 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: April 12, 2013, 03:21:47 pm »

Countermissiles have also never been used in actual war situation, only in scripted situation. It's far from a perfect defense system.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: April 12, 2013, 03:27:50 pm »

That snake avatar.

Is a thing of beauty.

Meanwhile North Korea threatens that the threat of shooting down missiles will be met with the threat of missiles.
So NK just announced in front of their own people that they will start the war. Now the war will have to happen, or NK's leaders will lose face in front of the people. Dammit.
Nonsense. They'll just claim they were never at war with Eastasia and move on.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: April 12, 2013, 03:29:19 pm »

That snake avatar.

Is a thing of beauty.

TIL North Korea is a mass enactment of 1984.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: April 12, 2013, 04:50:06 pm »

Sigh... do people still think that the statements have any other point than to spread fear within NK and to get people to rally behind Dear Leader?
Traditionally they've also been to get more aid from other countries.

That snake avatar.

Is a thing of beauty.

TIL North Korea is a mass enactment of 1984.
In all seriousness, they do still have flagrant lies. This is probably the next level of their "I'll do it! I'M SERIOUS HERE! REALLY REALLY REALLY SERIOUS THIS TIME!" rhetoric, since their current stuff isn't working. If that doesn't work for real, they can always claim it worked internally ("The US has granted us generous concessions to be spared from our military might!"*), though obviously their external image could be a problem.
*Oh god NK is run by Civilization AI that's been refused a cease fire.

The issue, of course, is just when they're going to do that. If their bluffing passes the point where another nation declares it an act of war, we could end up with an escalation all the way up in very short order. NK fires a missile or something, US decides that's it, NK panics and presses all their buttons or doesn't, gets annihilated immediately either way. Problems all around.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: April 12, 2013, 05:30:47 pm »

That snake avatar.

Is a thing of beauty.

KCNA's announcement states that they will obliterate Japan if the Japanese start a war. It doesn't state that North Korea will actually start the war by attacking Japan.

Also, if North Korea actually planned to attack first, it wouldn't make any announcements about the upcoming war a few days/weeks/months before the attack. It would try to catch the USA and South Korea by surprise.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 05:42:33 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: April 12, 2013, 06:33:14 pm »

That snake avatar.

Is a thing of beauty.

KCNA's announcement states that they will obliterate Japan if the Japanese start a war. It doesn't state that North Korea will actually start the war by attacking Japan.
Er. Shooting down a missile aimed at your country =/= declaration of war.

I mean, it might in NK, but not in the rest of the world, last I checked.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: April 13, 2013, 02:02:42 pm »

That snake avatar.

Is a thing of beauty.

It's a declaration of war to interfere with GLORIOUS LEADER KIM JONG UN

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: April 13, 2013, 08:55:09 pm »

So, I have a friend who does musical stand up comedy, and he penned... this.

Beware, the lyrics aren't safe for work.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: April 13, 2013, 09:14:27 pm »

That snake avatar.

Is a thing of beauty.

It's a declaration of war to interfere with GLORIOUS LEADER KIM JONG UN
That bastard blocked my punch! He must want to fight!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: April 13, 2013, 09:51:57 pm »

Well, right now that bastard seems willing to block my punch, after I was shouting like a moron that I'm going to punch everybody. Guess that i a threat and I better punch him!
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 341