Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 537523 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Anonymous vs. DPRK [North Korea Thread]
« Reply #675 on: April 05, 2013, 04:40:51 am »

Yeah, the Japanese tried during WWII, and it's not that easy to deliver enough pathogens. I guess you could easily make something nasty by taking, say, plague and breeding a strain that resist to every single antibiotics in the market. No need for fancy genetic engineering here.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #676 on: April 05, 2013, 06:46:36 am »

I had grudgingly started to respect anonymous over the past few years.  In one sentence I am now convinced that I should never make the mistake of respecting them again.
3edgy5me

When nukes are involved that may not be the case.

And now for a few words from our wonderful Prime Minister.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/defence/9972193/Cameron-fact-that-North-Korea-has-technology-for-nuclear-strike-against-the-UK.html
And please wait here while I laugh at my own country.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: April 05, 2013, 06:51:45 am »

Aaand now they're telling us to "evacuate" our embassies.
An extract:
"It said that the North Korean government would be unable to guarantee the safety of embassies and international organisations in the country in the event of conflict from April 10."

Hmm.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #678 on: April 05, 2013, 06:55:16 am »

Seems DRPK would like to keep Russia and the UK out of the war. It also seems David Cameron wants to play follow the leader into war.

Whelp, these are interesting times.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: April 05, 2013, 07:07:04 am »

You have to remember that NK doesn't actually have that many resident embassies, especially not some of the 'western culture' countries that NK seems to dislike such as USA, Canada, Australia and NZ, and also its neighbor SK.

Kicking out Russia and the UK might be because they are least trusted.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #680 on: April 05, 2013, 07:22:34 am »

I didn't say why they wanted to keep the two out of any potential conflict!

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: April 05, 2013, 07:31:46 am »

April 10th. Does that mean we now have a date? Are the North Koreans possibly going to do another missile test on that day, using the one they've set up on the East Coast?

My father is actually planning on going to a business meeting in Seoul at the end of May. I think we're just going to wait and see.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 07:35:55 am by Owlbread »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: April 05, 2013, 07:36:54 am »

They're not going to do jackshit. It's just posturing, like the "US attack map" they "accidentally" displayed behind Kim jr a few days back. They're the international equivalent of a pufferfish.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: April 05, 2013, 07:57:44 am »

They're not going to do jackshit. It's just posturing, like the "US attack map" they "accidentally" displayed behind Kim jr a few days back. They're the international equivalent of a pufferfish.
I wish I could agree. I feel like this started as a routine saber-rattling exercise but has mushroomed into something far nastier. I think there has been some dramatic miscalculation all around and now Kim is too heavily invested in this to back down without some kind of concession by the West to show for it. And the Western powers (and China, for that matter) are in NO mood to reward bad behavior with any more concessions.

It's like a kid who's used to throwing a tantrum every now and then to get a lollipop. Suddenly, the parents put their foot down and the kid has to decide whether to straighten up or throw a bigger tantrum. North Korea is in full-bore "punching the walls, holding-my-breath-till-I-turn-blue" mode now.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: April 05, 2013, 08:45:41 am »

BTW: I am earwormed by "No motherland without you" in the last few days. Does anyone else have the same problem?

I haven't got problems with neither the synthpop version nor the military orchestra version.
This is the only North Korean song that managed to get stuck in my head at least once.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: April 05, 2013, 10:07:27 am »

Those MRBMs that North Korea moved to their east coast? They've apparently loaded them into mobile launchers.  :-\

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: April 05, 2013, 10:11:19 am »

What the hell does North Korea have against Canada? D:

NO ONE hates Canada!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: April 05, 2013, 10:25:22 am »

I guess you could easily make something nasty by taking, say, plague and breeding a strain that resist to every single antibiotics in the market. No need for fancy genetic engineering here.
Not a very effective way to go about it. Irresponsible antibiotic usage by the entire world for several decades has only rendered a handful of antibiotics ineffective. You'd have to go a long way in growing cultures to evolve drug-resistance, and even then you'd need a lot of it to make that strain prevalent.

And even once you've finished all of that, which would take several years, you're back to the problem of dispersal.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Re: Remember, Remember, the 10th of....April? [North Korea Thread]
« Reply #688 on: April 05, 2013, 10:28:53 am »

>send the plague up in a rocket
>the rocket assplode
>the plague gets scattered everywhere
>DPRK has a vaccine
>Kim lives
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Remember, Remember, the 10th of....April? [North Korea Thread]
« Reply #689 on: April 05, 2013, 10:35:25 am »

Yup, there's a reason bioweaponry preffers spores

Oh, and the reason bioterrorism hasn't been a succes is that bioweapons are WMDS. They need to deployed en masse to overwhelm healthcare and be effective.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 341