Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 537830 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Re: 1950's NORTH KOREAN ARMY ATTACKS
« Reply #450 on: March 29, 2013, 01:44:04 am »

It would be crazy and insane to start a war for any side. The thing that worries me is NK has no shortage of crazy and insane...

Neither does America.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: North Korea Preparing For War
« Reply #451 on: March 29, 2013, 01:47:59 am »

Why's the US being a dick?
Because the US would get even more ostracized if we attacked without provocation. This way we can go "but they attacked first!"
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: March 29, 2013, 01:49:59 am »

I'm really tempted to say 'Well at least we can dethrone the NK government and actually help its people'
But I know that if anybody else said that, I would be the first to roll my eyes and say 'Because that worked so well in the past, right?'

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 29, 2013, 01:59:54 am »

It would be crazy and insane to start a war for any side. The thing that worries me is NK has no shortage of crazy and insane...

Neither does America.

No, but starting a war against a power many times more powerful than you would be somewhat more insane and crazy than starting a war against a little unerprepared country.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #454 on: March 29, 2013, 02:01:05 am »

I'm really tempted to say 'Well at least we can dethrone the NK government and actually help its people'
But I know that if anybody else said that, I would be the first to roll my eyes and say 'Because that worked so well in the past, right?'
Just stick a McDonalds in it. Problem solved.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 29, 2013, 03:07:34 am »

NK readies missile sites after Stealth Bomber flights...

1) Wouldnt they have been quite "ready" anyway? I mean, this is NK after all.

2) If the Stealth Bomber flights were a genuine threat, they wouldnt have known they were there until things started to go boom.

3) The bomber flights are part of ongoing drills. Is this NK looking for an excuse to spout more crap in an effort to start a fight again?

4) Why oh why did the US comment in the manner they did? Isnt that just stooping to thier level?
This is a blank sig.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 29, 2013, 03:24:40 am »

3) The bomber flights are part of ongoing drills. Is this NK looking for an excuse to spout more crap in an effort to start a fight again?

How comfortable would you be with NK bombers (if they had any) doing drills over Cardiff?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 29, 2013, 03:31:24 am »

Not very, but I am not 100% sure that the stealth bombers ever went over NK, based on what I am reading. Also, NK kinda hvae been asking for attention with thier petulent attitude recently. They cant threaten to nuke somebody then get all pissed when they get a very close eye kept on them.
This is a blank sig.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #458 on: March 29, 2013, 03:36:33 am »

At first I was all THERE'S WAR GOING ON AND IDON'T EVEN KNOW O_O

Then I saw the date...>.>
This should have been done on April Fool's Day. XD

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 29, 2013, 04:16:18 am »

...3) The bomber flights are part of ongoing drills. Is this NK looking for an excuse to spout more crap in an effort to start a fight again?

Alternatively, North Korean government actually thinks that Americans and South Koreans may try to start an invasion after pulling in troops under the guise of military exercise. It reminds me of how the Soviet military was put on full alert during Able Archer 83, because the Soviet government thought that the US would launch a decapitation strike at USSR during the exercises.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #460 on: March 29, 2013, 05:20:42 am »

They are and have been. This is otherwise an ordinary occurrence held up by the media because scary.

Pyongyang has been angered by fresh UN sanctions and annual US-South Korea military drills.
2) If the Stealth Bomber flights were a genuine threat, they wouldnt have known they were there until things started to go boom.[/quote]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Show_of_force

Royal Navy used to do this before WWII, just park a warship next to someone's country and scare them into folding into line. This is like that except with stealth bombers. North Koreans not amused, much like any other country would be if they came with clear hostile intent.

""If they make a reckless provocation with huge strategic forces, the Korean People's Army (KPA) should mercilessly strike the US mainland, their stronghold, their military bases in the operational theatres in the Pacific, including Hawaii and Guam, and those in South Korea," the agency quoted him as saying.""
They have literally been saying this same paraphrased sentence again and again and again. If they wanted to fight, they wouldn't need an excuse.

4) Why oh why did the US comment in the manner they did? Isnt that just stooping to thier level?
"The North Koreans have to understand that what they're doing is very dangerous," US Defence Secretary Chuck Hagel told reporters on Thursday. "We must make clear that these provocations by the North are taken by us very seriously and we'll respond to that."

They're kinda obligated to defend their actions.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 29, 2013, 07:18:06 am »

With regards specifically to missiles, you cannot keep them on ready all the time (at least the old soviet-style ones that NK uses). For example on some missiles the fuel actually eats away at the fuel tanks, so they cannot be kept fueled.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: March 29, 2013, 07:18:31 am »

I don't really know what's going to happen anymore. I'm still going to remain sceptical until the first shot is fired, and I still doubt that will happen. It's starting to look a lot like Cuba.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 07:20:19 am by Owlbread »

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 29, 2013, 07:32:24 am »

I dont know either. The two things I see is:

1. North Korea starting a war would be suicidal, loopy and crazy. So they are not going to do it.
2. They are (or at least seem to be) suicidal, loopy and crazy. So they are going to do it.

so it seems to be a question of working out if they are actually as crazy as they seem, or if that is a show-put-on-for-some-reason/sensational-reporting/other-reason.

You eat your own head

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #464 on: March 29, 2013, 08:13:09 am »

two futures:
1) NK attacks, and gets razed to the ground.
2) NK stops attacking, and gets sanctioned so hard it will hurt them for the centuries to come, with obligations to get external viewers within the country, and subjected to heavy-handed external controls.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 341