Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 542085 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Reminds me a bit of Kremlinology, tbh.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To be fair, NK is so tightly, well, walled in (not sure what metaphor to use), that foreign intel services have a very hard time piercing the internal workings and what's going on in NK that they have to rely far more on other methods. Even Soviet Russia with it's notorious KGB wasn't that tight to foriegn intel.

Also, experts are saying that NK is getting more dangerous as their missile program is speeding up. Plus the relations between NK and China sound like they're deteriorating further. No idea when the point of worst relations between NK and China was and how the current situation compares. I know China is only an 'ally' because they don't want a unified Korea that is US backed and possibly has US troops stationed there, but there's gotta be a breaking point where they say 'Enough!'.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 11:10:17 am by smjjames »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

Reminds me a bit of Kremlinology, tbh.
Precisely like it. But I will say the obvious: when a country publishes a picture of their nuclear bomb and missile, particularly given that the bomb and missile are the result of an illegal and reclusive program for which the country has been heavily sanctioned, and one that has been widely mocked and dismissed as non-threatening, they are trying to send a message.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

Double-post because (to paraphrase Colbert) this is thread is not just for the One True Korea, but all Koreas:

President Park has been officially impeached, and has been removed from office. USA Today, NPR, BBC, and NY Times stories if the first link doesn't work.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Reunification when?
Even the avatars expire eventually.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

Didn't Putin volunteer to become the new god emperor of South Korea, to increase stability in the region?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

US Navy Seal Team 6, the elite unit that took out Osama Bin Laden, has been sent to South Korea to participate in an excercise that practices the assassination of Kim Jong-un. This was reported by South Korean officials, and has not been denied by the Pentagon.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure that the Pentagon did actually deny it.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure that the Pentagon did actually deny it.

More likely 'Cannot confirm or deny.'

The SK officials probably did that for the same reason that they boasted about their own assasination squads, to rattle NK. However, it seems like it would be somewhat embarrasing to the Pentagon, or enough to send a stern 'Stop that!' message to the officials.

However, weren't past political assassinations done by the CIA? Because I'm pretty sure doing an assassination like that using SEAL Team 6 hurt their honor.

Of course though, the consequences of a failed assasination attempt would be extremely high and not likely to be worth it except as an extremely last resort. There's also the ramifications of a successful assassination, namely, what happens next?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 02:23:34 pm by smjjames »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds like a lot of bluster and selective translation to me. I mean, HVT raids have been part of SEAL doctrine techniques literally since Marcinko was kidnapping US Navy admirals for shits and giggles.

Edited because doctrine isn't really the right word here and precision in language is important.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 01:25:16 pm by Strife26 »
Even the avatars expire eventually.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Probably the same MO as when they last boasted about having their own assassination squad at the ready, to both rattle the North Koreans and as a warning.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile

Seriously, all they need to do is send some Dr Evil fembots to NK to infiltrate Glorious Leader's personal pleasure brigade. Slip the rotund little bastard something extra in his hard liquor sexytime cocktail (Fentanyl would do nicely), then feign ignorance of the matter.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 02:40:03 am by wierd »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Seriously, all they need to do is send some Dr Evil fembots to NK to infiltrate Glorious Leader's personal pleasure brigade. Slip the rotund little bastard something extra in his hard liquor sexytime cocktail (Fentanyl would do nicely), then feign ignorance of the matter.
Yeah but bodyguards

Also assassin fembots are probably illegal by geneva convention or something

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Wait, are you saying that Dr. Evil was a war criminal?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Probably not because of the fembots - those are technically drone weapons. The gene-modified bass and the whole thing with trying to nuke the Earth's core, those might be considered war crimes. Emphasis on might be, since his island might not be considered a state subject to the Geneva Conventions, and if it is, said war crimes occurred within his borders to either his own state or to British secret agents who are not considered lawful combatants.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 341