Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: What Is the Most Citizen-Friendly Country on This Planet?  (Read 10101 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: What Is the Most Citizen-Friendly Country on This Planet?
« Reply #150 on: March 13, 2013, 04:27:40 pm »

How the country manages to run a system like this and not go bankrupt in less than a year is beyond my simple eastern european understanding.
We payer higher taxes and cut down on most other things like the military. That's not to say we haven't had financial troubles, we're just rather practical in our approach to it.

Excessive taxation. Belgium has similair systems in place, though there's a significantly larger problem because of immigration.*
What would be sufficient taxation?

As long as nothing collapses, the system increases in liberalness. And losses in liberalness are made up by gains elsewhere.
*Except where the political climate is advancing towards centrism. There is no universal constant in progress and regress.

I n conclusion, Only atlantis is a uncorrupted society, as it's non-existance prevents lucrative oil deals.
Do you even Phrygians?

By England I think you mean Britain there, or perhaps UK or United Kingdom or Perfidious Albion or... nearly any other sodding name that acknowledges that England does not equal Britain.
No I think Sonlirain meant England. There are very notable differences in how citizen friendly Wales, England and Scotland are.

But yes, I would say Scotland (if I wasn't going to lump the rest of the UK in) is much more people friendly than the rest of the UK with our lack of tuition fees, no prescription charges etc. Indeed, if your country is in the EU you will be able to come and study here with no tuition fees too. It's just the English, Welsh and Northern Irish that are buggered, although some Northern Irish students found a way of going via Irish citizenship to study here with no tuition fees.
That is very true. England's pretty good for everyone who's not a student. David Cameron's buggered that all up.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 13, 2013, 04:28:12 pm »

As I recall, there is no strain of Rabies on england because of their excessive watching of any dogs that enter the borders.

Of course, if a bat were to fly there...
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 13, 2013, 04:29:25 pm »

By England I think you mean Britain there, or perhaps UK or United Kingdom or Perfidious Albion or... nearly any other sodding name that acknowledges that England does not equal Britain.
No I think Sonlirain meant England. There are very notable differences in how citizen friendly Wales, England and Scotland are.

But he then went on to talk about Scotland and Ayr and other such things, lumping us in under the overall heading of England, as I said like calling the EU Germany or France or something. If he'd been talking about England then I would have been fine with it.

Ok, I'm sure I've flown the flag quite enough for one day. I'll reiterate my point to ensure I don't send us reeling into the oblivion of derailment; Sweden is the most citizen friendly country on this planet, I say. Or possibly one of the gulf countries that act as outstanding welfare states for the native populace and tyrannical swine-regimes for the migrant workers and such.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 04:37:25 pm by Owlbread »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 13, 2013, 04:30:08 pm »

Excessive taxation. Belgium has similair systems in place, though there's a significantly larger problem because of immigration.*
What would be sufficient taxation?
Just explaining it for the Average American Viewer.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 13, 2013, 04:34:50 pm »

Even at its narrowest point, the Channel is too large for a bat to cross.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 13, 2013, 04:38:08 pm »

But not too large for a man (or woman, or man-child with considerable strength).
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 04:40:18 pm by Owlbread »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 13, 2013, 04:38:36 pm »

Yeah, but once the rage virus starts showing up . . .
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 13, 2013, 04:54:55 pm »

Here to correct myself.
By England i meant the entire UK and everything remotely connected to the British Isles (altho i have only seen North England *trollface.jpg* scotland).
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 13, 2013, 04:57:04 pm »

Here to correct myself.
By England i meant the entire UK and everything remotely connected to the British Isles (altho i have only seen North England *trollface.jpg* scotland).

Crivvens and michty, that's even worse! It's a good thing I can't whuttle your craig with my dirk over the internet... for you, that is.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 05:01:54 pm by Owlbread »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #159 on: March 13, 2013, 04:58:54 pm »

As I recall, there is no strain of Rabies on england because of their excessive watching of any dogs that enter the borders.
Dogs, cats and all that stuff. It's illegal to bring animals from abroad anywhere onto the UK. Australians one up us a great deal, customs everything I tell you!

But he then went on to talk about Scotland and Ayr and other such things, lumping us in under the overall heading of England
Didn't see that, quite right quite right.

Yeah, but once the rage virus starts showing up . . .
Scotland doesn't notice, England doesn't care, Wales is already planning to move into England, Ireland is getting the party ready, Australia hasn't heard yet, New Zealand is preparing a team of hobbits to rescue citizens, Papa New Guinea... Not sure what Papa New Guinea would do, Canada would be sending the special syrup forces and suddenly Jamaica from nowhere to drum the rage away.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 13, 2013, 05:00:04 pm »

Here to correct myself.

Crivvens and michty, that's even worse! It's a good thing I can't whuttle your craig with my dirk over the internet... for you, that is.

Is that some Irish slang?
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 13, 2013, 05:02:22 pm »

Och, ah've ne'er been sae faushit in aw ma puff. Ah'm gonnae fin' oot whaur ye drink.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 05:04:47 pm by Owlbread »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 13, 2013, 05:05:56 pm »

Here to correct myself.

He's threatening to either kill you or seduce you. Trust me, I'm an anthropologist. [/bullshit]
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 13, 2013, 05:07:08 pm »

Isn't UK's healthcare kinda bad ? At least compared to some continental neighbours ?

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 13, 2013, 05:07:52 pm »

He's threatening to either kill you or seduce you. Trust me, I'm an anthropologist. [/bullshit]

Can it no be baith?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14