Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20

Author Topic: Risk of Rain - Action Roguelikelike Goodness  (Read 42004 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: Risk of Rain - Action Roguelikelike Goodness
« Reply #255 on: April 05, 2015, 12:23:32 pm »

Hmmm, dunno, MP was more or less trouble-free for me... I do think I remember having same issue with a friend not seeing me when I created a server, but iirc this trouble "fixed" itself later somehow. I think it was something with ports, but apart from that I can't really help, sadly.  :-\

Maybe the game is more stable when run through Steam (as it was in my case)? But that's just a wild guess.
I'm also running it through Steam. Objective is running it through Steam. Couldn't connect. From what troubleshooting I've read on the internet, the solution is to either open ports or use hamachi.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 01:16:27 pm by Spehss _ »
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 05, 2015, 01:15:35 pm »

... is hitachi actually hamachi or...?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 05, 2015, 01:16:05 pm »

... is hitachi actually hamachi or...?
...whatever it's called. The H-thing.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 05, 2015, 03:36:51 pm »

I've used hamatchi for mp and it worked fine. Had a desync issue though.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 05, 2015, 05:07:28 pm »

I just love this site

"I have a problem"
"I have the same problem, I wish the game didn't have this problem"
x20 "I don't have the problem, you must be the problem"

This site supplies the SASS!

But seriously I wish games didn't have to require you to jump through these hoops. Reminds me back when I tried getting the first borderlands to work on release. HOLY COW! was that a nightmare.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 05, 2015, 05:21:35 pm »

That's everywhere, neo, not just here :P

... though there's been roughly the same number of people citing issue as not, in the last few posts.

Personally, I still haven't even tried MP for RoR. On one hand, I probably should, cause it would likely be pretty neat. On the other hand, I'd imagine it's significantly more difficult to give myself infinite money while playing MP, and that's terrible :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 05, 2015, 06:37:38 pm »

Beat the game for the second time (on rainstorm difficulty with command artifact), this time as the enforcer.

I hear he's a hard character to use but honestly he's probably one of my best. He can get insane attack speed by stacking syringes and using shield mode. Combine that with the life leech seed and an energy cell and pills and you're shooting your riot shotgun like an auto-shottie. Combined with utterly blocking most damage if maneuvered right, as well as passive defense like the teddy bear or deflection armor, and you're facetanking through an entire teleport wave. Add a Frost relic and mobs are throwing themselves into a blender.

Final boss had some tough moments -cough*WORMS*cough*Providence's splash attack sword chipping my health through shields*cough- but each time I managed to survive until the medbay recharged. If not for the medbay I would've died.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 07, 2015, 04:08:38 am »

Last time I beat the game, I think there was a ten minute gap between me boarding the Risk of Rain and the game being over, with a total time of something like 90 minutes.

Farming with Command, Honor, Glass and Sacrifice is "fun".
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 07, 2015, 04:22:10 am »

It so happens that my friend drags me into MP games where it's Command, Honor, Sacrifice, Spite, Glass, and Spirit. Only the best kind of fun :P
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 07, 2015, 10:35:55 am »

Spite becomes incredible amounts of !!FUN!! once you reach the late levels and you're killing dozens of huge enemies at a time.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 07, 2015, 11:11:40 am »

So Spite is basically a free, friendly firing Will o Wisp?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 07, 2015, 11:23:06 am »

Not even friendly fire, think the Martyrdom perk from CoD :P
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 07, 2015, 11:56:18 am »

Spite makes things spew bombs that hurt you and enemies when they die. This includes slimes splitting, which is fun, because they spew ridiculous numbers of bombs for each split.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 18, 2015, 02:46:31 am »

Doing an origin run (beat providence with all artifacts (except origin) on) to try and get the origin artifact. Running the huntress, managed to get a good farming level in the meadow level with nothing but champion golems I could kill from relative safety. Got permacrit w/ wicked ring and everything dies. Will probably win. This is surprisingly fun, despite farming for items like a cheeser. Even the farming was fun. Huntress is fun.

Having beaten a hive level with nothing but slimes spawning and each slime exploding into quabillions of spite bombs, I have experienced transcendence. I have seen the future, and there is no framerate above 8. It is beautiful.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 02:51:41 am by Spehss _ »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 04, 2016, 03:09:28 am »

It is a bit easier with friends since only one of you needs to survive each stage, however it is a hard game either way and I only win maybe... 75% of runs after a hundredish hours of game time.
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20