Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20

Author Topic: Risk of Rain - Action Roguelikelike Goodness  (Read 42032 times)

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
Re: Risk of Rain - Action Roguelikelike Goodness
« Reply #195 on: August 15, 2014, 01:36:54 am »

I can't see multiplayer being superior choice compared to singleplayer for a lot of games if we're talking about personal performance only, but you're forgetting the fun factor ;)
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 15, 2014, 01:49:55 am »

True, lets play together some time.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 15, 2014, 02:43:30 am »

Yeah, the enforcer that has that huge one-way immunity shield at will?

... what do you think he does in multiplayer, hmm?

Han-D has great crowd stuns that help everyone else, too. Acrid's slime trail speeds up the whole party. Use your imagination.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 15, 2014, 03:16:43 am »

Yeah, the enforcer that has that huge one-way immunity shield at will?

... what do you think he does in multiplayer, hmm?

Han-D has great crowd stuns that help everyone else, too. Acrid's slime trail speeds up the whole party. Use your imagination.

I have played with my roommate and friends in the past and you can pull off some really neat combos. Enforcer + sniper is especially deadly.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 15, 2014, 04:36:16 am »

Enforcer is a massive pain single player because there is (or was) a glitch where enemies would get stuck in walls for some reason.  So you're facing a massive horde, you plant your back against a wall... and then an enemy sticks to said wall, and attacks you repeatedly from behind until you die.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 15, 2014, 04:47:12 am »

Is there any melee character with a half decent ordinary attack? Perhaps a melee range ordinary attack as you run?

Miner, HAN-D, and Mercenary have melee attacks but they all stop moving to do them. With enough attack speed, some characters move between attacks even if you hold the button down flat, but that's true of most attacks.

The only character that can move while attacking is, AFAIRemember, the huntress. (Some of the others can technically move while using an ability, or move as part of an ability, but that is of course slightly different.)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 15, 2014, 07:10:53 am »

Enforcer is a massive pain single player because there is (or was) a glitch where enemies would get stuck in walls for some reason.  So you're facing a massive horde, you plant your back against a wall... and then an enemy sticks to said wall, and attacks you repeatedly from behind until you die.

I think he is a pain anyhow even if he was the unquestionable best class. Or at least I don't find the Enforcer very fun.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #202 on: August 15, 2014, 08:29:14 am »

I find the issue with enforcer is that often you really can't just hunker down and clean stuff up because things spawn too quickly even low in the difficulty slider thing. It kind've defeats the point, at least to me. I actually quite enjoy playing him!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 15, 2014, 08:43:19 am »

I find the issue with enforcer is that often you really can't just hunker down and clean stuff up because things spawn too quickly even low in the difficulty slider thing. It kind've defeats the point, at least to me. I actually quite enjoy playing him!

Well usually you go open the portal first.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 15, 2014, 11:41:14 am »

Yes, I finally got past the third level and it was as enforcer. I immediately opened all portals as soon as I found them and then ran to the bottom corner of the map and hunkered down. I used to run to the top corner because I felt it let me see the worm and such coming, but it works better in the bottom, as near as I can tell. Made it to the 5th level this morning as the Huntress. I only play 20 mins at a time, due to scheduling problems.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 24, 2014, 07:29:23 am »

So, Risk of Rain got a patch yesterday. I'm about to try it out, has anyone else tried it yet?
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 24, 2014, 09:02:26 am »

Ooooooh, snap. I'll have to check this out as soon as I get home. 2 new classes seems too good to be true.
And those sneaky devs didn't say anything about what the classes were in the patch notes! Must they tease me so?

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 24, 2014, 12:59:56 pm »

Played it for a bit.  2 new classes, 10 new items, and a new engine that runs better.

The 2 classes are the Chef and the Loader.  Both are pretty easy to unlock, Loader is to get 30 items and the Chef is getting specific, food related items.

Loader is a melee bruiser, punches in a combo attack when you mash, has an ability that momentarily turns him invincible and makes him move faster for a moment, and shoots his hand out which grabs onto anything in the way and pulls you towards it.  His ultimate sets down a tesla coil where you're currently standing and then allows you to place a second tesla coil.  Once you place the second tesla coil it will shock anything between them in a sort of box created between the two (the lightning connecting the two coils doesn't zap, it's anything inside the box).

The Chef I haven't unlocked yet, though I've seen him played.  He's got an interesting move set.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 25, 2014, 12:36:19 am »

Played Monsoon on co-op with a friend who went Acrid.

We died because the game crashed due to a memory allocation error, ugh.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 26, 2014, 12:36:08 am »

Urgh, did the latest update wipe out your save file or something? I had a 100% unlocked game that had some pretty extreme records disappear.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20