Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20

Author Topic: Risk of Rain - Action Roguelikelike Goodness  (Read 42051 times)

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
Re: Risk of Rain - Action Roguelikelike Goodness
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2013, 04:24:20 pm »

Up for some co-op, just hit me up on Steam(same name).
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2013, 05:38:23 pm »

HAN-D (the robot janitor) is hidden on the final level in a cargo crate that's a different color than the rest.  Pretty sure it's black/dark grey if I remember right?  It's darker than the rest, that's for sure.

Unlocking the Bandit is merely getting to beating the third stage, unlocking the Enforcer is to kill the Vagrant, Colossus, and the Magma Worm (not in the same run).  Acrid's already been explained, and finding the Huntress isn't hard.  Sniper's to beat the game once, and there's another unlock for beating the game five times.  The achievement/unlockables screen tells you how to unlock everything, though I'm still having troubles finding the Miner ("Clear a Path for the Survivor!").  He's probably in the Magma Caverns, and I hate that place so much that I instantly hit the portal every time I end up there.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 05:40:45 pm by Karkov »

Eduardo X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 14, 2013, 05:31:57 pm »

Anybody experience the bug where sound stops working?

Other than that, I'm loving the game. I'm not good at it quite yet, however. Still trying to get past the second level.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2013, 05:40:54 pm »

yea, miner is in a specific layout of the magma caverns, far right of map, you get to the location by going through lava in a small tunnel, then fight a miniboss.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2013, 06:02:07 pm »

Not having a sound error, having a weird error with the chargefield generator though (it's a mercenary unlock).  Every time I get two of them, it stops working.  Usually takes out my barbed wire with it.  Rather annoying little bug actually.

I left my current session on whilst I'm at work currently.  That run is practically god-tier though, so I'm just going to go through every stage until I get the right Magma Caverns so I can unlock the Miner.  When I left I remember I was battling three Overloading Magma Worms with around... 168k health?  I think?  Can't wait to get back to it.

Other than that, I'm loving the game. I'm not good at it quite yet, however. Still trying to get past the second level.

I'd suggest you get a friend to co-op online play with you.  It's a lot more fun with two people, and it's a lot easier as well.  The enemy spawn rate is upped, along with the amount of chests that spawn (or at least it seems like it, while I was getting 5 chests on my first level solo, we were getting like 10-20 together), and it's easy enough to drag all of the enemies to your friend for him to deal with.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2013, 07:40:14 pm »

I left my current session on whilst I'm at work currently.  That run is practically god-tier though, so I'm just going to go through every stage until I get the right Magma Caverns so I can unlock the Miner.  When I left I remember I was battling three Overloading Magma Worms with around... 168k health?  I think?  Can't wait to get back to it.

Not sure if you can do that. On my win I went through the stages several times and I didn't seem to get any different stage or even a different layout from previous. Could either be bad memory or really bad luck.

Does anyone know what the "progress is not saved" means on easy difficulty? I would've thought it meant you couldn't unlock anything, but when I unlocked a bunch of stuff on easy and went back to normal, stuff that I unlocked on easy was dropping.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 14, 2013, 07:55:24 pm »

Well I haven't actually come to my own magma caverns quite yet, I keep getting the Underground Hive.  I know that the areas can be their alternates when you revisit them (return to previous levels from the divine teleporter).  Either way I'm getting a ton of items, I'm just curious what the last boss is gonna be like when I finally get to him; the amount of health everything had was starting to be 40k+.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2013, 02:31:03 am »

So just a heads up-- if you finish the fifth level (it looks like a temple), you have the option of replaying the previous levels for more gear, or advancing to the final stage.

One of my friends was NOT pleased to go back to the first stage when he didn't read the message. And died from being mobbed by a colossus, magma snake and a pile of green wisps, ending a pretty awesome 55-minute game.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2013, 02:37:06 am »

So just a heads up-- if you finish the fifth level (it looks like a temple), you have the option of replaying the previous levels for more gear, or advancing to the final stage.

One of my friends was NOT pleased to go back to the first stage when he didn't read the message. And died from being mobbed by a colossus, magma snake and a pile of green wisps, ending a pretty awesome 55-minute game.

Yeah, bosses seem to have quite a larger spawn rate on your second run-through.  Sucks that the run ended, it's pretty hard to stay alive at that part when you're solo.

Also, from earlier, I finally unlocked the miner.  Got lucky on that amazing run I had (that I left paused for 7 hours while I was at work/school/eating).  The last boss actually had... 240k health I think?  Regular bosses had 60k~ health at that point, along with most enemies being elites.  The game really gets hectic at that point though, still surprised I pulled that run off.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #99 on: November 15, 2013, 07:23:27 am »

What did you do to unlock the miner?

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 15, 2013, 11:33:18 am »

This game looks fantastic, but I just don't know enough about it. So... how is it? It looks like an AWESOME version of A Valley Without Wind..
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2013, 12:03:47 pm »

It's fun on steroids! totally worth the 10$ investment

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 15, 2013, 12:06:52 pm »

What did you do to unlock the miner?
To unlock the Miner you have to be in the Magma Caverns, you go all the way to the right and there's a small passage that's in the lava, if you go through it there should be a mini-boss for you to kill.  Kill it and you get the Miner.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 15, 2013, 01:57:00 pm »

trying to co op online but i've got 0 experience in port forwarding with routers

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 15, 2013, 02:12:38 pm »

trying to co op online but i've got 0 experience in port forwarding with routers
You could use Hamachi instead.  Hamachi creates a VPN tunnel that you could use instead of port forwarding, much more user friendly.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20