Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20

Author Topic: Risk of Rain - Action Roguelikelike Goodness  (Read 41996 times)

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
Re: Risk of Rain - Action Roguelikelike Goodness
« Reply #240 on: January 21, 2015, 11:33:09 pm »

Heaven crackers do stack though. Each additional one reduces the number of attacks between piercing ones I think.

The best thing on Acrid tho is loads of crit chance, and if you can get it the Wicked Ring. Keep spamming the ult and murdering everything with it.
Yep, they stack.

Crit chance is a cool guy who doesn't afraid of anything on most characters, though Ukeleles are also pretty cool.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 22, 2015, 11:09:03 am »

So any tips on the Merc?

I've beat the game with him on easy because I can't seem to get trough the first few levels well enough to survive later on on higher difficulties. He's stupidly strong once he gets some on-hit items and a bit of HP so he doesn't just fall apart the moment somebody touches him but getting there first is the difficult thing for me.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 22, 2015, 11:21:01 am »

So any tips on the Merc?

I've beat the game with him on easy because I can't seem to get trough the first few levels well enough to survive later on on higher difficulties. He's stupidly strong once he gets some on-hit items and a bit of HP so he doesn't just fall apart the moment somebody touches him but getting there first is the difficult thing for me.

It was a while ago since I have played but as far as I remember his X is a pretty great skill for kiting and usual mobility (2 hits, low cd, acts as double jump and his generally pretty cool), seeing how his C ends with you standing still even after the invincibility frames end/the enemy attack winds up and his V just doesn't help in a bad situation, again, because you stand still. besides that I can say no more.
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 12, 2015, 12:41:36 pm »

I start playing my first ever glass run.
by the end of the second level, i have scary mask, behemoth and sacrificial dagger on acrid.
Oh man. OH MAN.

E:
I JUST PICKED UP A WILL O WISP

E2:
I died to providence, RIP.
I should've probably waited for a horde of enemies to spawn in or something.
But holy shit that was a satisfying run. I unlocked three new characters on one run ;_;
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 01:16:38 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 04, 2015, 06:33:48 pm »

Anyone have any experience with online multiplayer and server hosting? Me and Objective tried it, couldn't connect to the other's hosted server.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 04, 2015, 10:07:00 pm »

I've tried it. The multiplayer thing requires you to forward ports, iirc.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 05, 2015, 01:01:27 am »

Anyone have any experience with online multiplayer and server hosting? Me and Objective tried it, couldn't connect to the other's hosted server.

Google and patience is how me and my friend did it.  Can't remember anything beyond that.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 05, 2015, 05:29:39 am »

I forwarded ports and my friend still couldn't connect. Multiplayer is pretty broken.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #248 on: April 05, 2015, 07:42:58 am »

I forwarded ports and my friend still couldn't connect. Multiplayer is pretty broken.
You couldn't get it to work so "multiplayer is pretty broken"?

I've played dozens of hours of multiplayer on this game. It's not at all broken.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 05, 2015, 09:50:23 am »

You couldn't get it to work so "multiplayer is pretty broken"?

I've played dozens of hours of multiplayer on this game. It's not at all broken.
If a feature doesn't work for most users right off the bat, it could work better. It's kinda broken.

--------------

Anyway, beat the game for the first time. Final battle was intense. I <3 Acrid.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 05, 2015, 10:06:14 am »

Acrid ftw. Beat the game myself recently using the Huntress, bought every chest on the last level.

Multiplayer seems rather shoehorned in and hard to get working, really. Couldn't figure it out, even after a lot of googling vOv.
I'm happy that it's there, though, because it's pretty fun when it does work.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 05, 2015, 10:44:48 am »

Well if anyone wants to play with another newb, just post when you got a server open here

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 05, 2015, 10:56:03 am »

Same, if MP happens I want in.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 05, 2015, 12:17:48 pm »

I could see about setting up either a hitachi server, or the open port thing and see how that works. Can't do it at the moment since I'll be going back to college later today and won't have the time to play or the desktop to host for this week.

In other news, I've been playing around with the sniper. Sniper plus Enforcer in co-op seems like it could be really powerful. Enforcer to tank, sniper to snipe mobs as they gather around the enforcer's shield. Sniper stays behind the enforcer.

Sniper solo is fun though. Hard, but fun.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #254 on: April 05, 2015, 12:20:08 pm »

Hmmm, dunno, MP was more or less trouble-free for me... I do think I remember having same issue with a friend not seeing me when I created a server, but iirc this trouble "fixed" itself later somehow. I think it was something with ports, but apart from that I can't really help, sadly.  :-\

Maybe the game is more stable when run through Steam (as it was in my case)? But that's just a wild guess.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20