Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22

Author Topic: From Napoleon to Beyond (Nation Management Game)  (Read 24442 times)

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: From Napoleon to Beyond (Nation Management Game)
« Reply #210 on: March 21, 2013, 04:26:00 pm »

So, my computer is having issues.  I guess I'll do the update on the mac.  It will take longer, because I was almost done with the map, and I'll be using the mac. 

Awesome paint skills go!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Okay, France & Russia, PM me deployment.  France has about 120k men.  Russia has 200k + 40k Austrians, who are following the commander with the most men. 
If you are going to edit the image, squares are regiments, black triangles/squares are cannons/special define them in the box, and your color triangles are calvary.   
If not, just give me the details of your plan, and I shall pm you what I think you mean, and you will say yes or have it changed to more represent your plan. 
I should have thought of this a long time ago. 

This battle will determine wether the war ends or continues.  It will most likely continue, but who knows?  Once I have finished with the battle of wherever this would be, I'll post the normal turn with this attached.  Expect one major battle per year. 
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 04:50:52 pm by alamoes »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 21, 2013, 04:39:39 pm »

Research Minie ball
Research WHAT?

The major/minor actions thing are to cull things like the event where the Russians would invite the Japanese over.  I'd rather have them say they would like to start a military alliance, not the trade of materials and people.
Why, what's wrong with what we've been doing?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 21, 2013, 05:03:31 pm »

Research Minie ball
Research WHAT?

The major/minor actions thing are to cull things like the event where the Russians would invite the Japanese over.  I'd rather have them say they would like to start a military alliance, not the trade of materials and people.

It did not really mean anything, if they wanted a military alliance, Japan would just declare war on whomever declares war on Russia.  What they have been implying is that Japan is letting Russia stomp over Japan, much like China did.  Japan is not China.  What I think you mean is for what would be called a pact of friendship in Civ 5.  That does not really work in the world of politics. 

The minié ball was one invention that allowed for rifling to become widespread.  A cone shaped bullet.  Named after the guy to perfect it.  It had several stages of development, which you'll have to go through though. 

Also, for every country to own a technology, you get a plus one bonus to your roll.  If it gets to be over a six, it becomes common knowledge to all civilized nations. 

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 21, 2013, 05:24:38 pm »

Techslot is going into improving the economy.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 21, 2013, 06:21:25 pm »

Research Minie ball
Research WHAT?

The minié ball was one invention that allowed for rifling to become widespread.  A cone shaped bullet.  Named after the guy to perfect it.  It had several stages of development, which you'll have to go through though. 

Yeah, you cant just reaserch rifling because that already exixts, it was the minie ball and some other ammuntition round that allowed the widespread use of the rifle, before it had problems of the bullet jamming whilst it was being pushed in, or not big enough to fit or a dozen other problems, the Minie ball removed most of these and had an interesting side effect, makes a very large wound nd if the bullet gets stuck in you, you'll get infected, its why there were so many amputations in the American Civil war, the minie ball was the main ammuntition of choice
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 21, 2013, 06:44:36 pm »

What I mean, is before the Minié Ball, you must first research three times.  Also, you may trade research to others.  For example, America may want to get factories, and Britain may want improved forest fighting.  They trade. 

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 21, 2013, 08:20:31 pm »

What? I was just having another moment where I have to explain somethings impact on history, I wasn't asking for a research boost
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 21, 2013, 08:40:56 pm »

What? I was just having another moment where I have to explain somethings impact on history, I wasn't asking for a research boost

Penalty, not boost.  First time you research the wooden plug rifle bullets.  Then you research the metal bullets.  Then you get the complete miniè bullet.  Then you must on percussion caps line to finish the rifle.  Afterwards, it is just making small variations to create a better gun, like bolt action or repeaters. 

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 21, 2013, 10:43:55 pm »

Well now. Actual deployment. This should be fun.

Too bad I don't actually know much about tactics past video games.

But on the other hand...this is a video game. >: )
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 21, 2013, 10:56:18 pm »

Penalty, not boost.  First time you research the wooden plug rifle bullets.  Then you research the metal bullets.  Then you get the complete miniè bullet.  Then you must on percussion caps line to finish the rifle.  Afterwards, it is just making small variations to create a better gun, like bolt action or repeaters.
Damm that was bad wording by me, it just seemed as though you were replying to an attempt by me to speed my research up, and telling me that I had to wait, I understood I would have to wait before, yeah, I'm bad at wording my statements
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 21, 2013, 11:33:08 pm »

It's probably that we feel each turn is a big deal, so e try and squeeze a lot in.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 22, 2013, 06:55:17 am »

Yeah.  Well, update today. 

~1803~Research update~

British

(4) almost, but not yet.  Your economy will be more fixable when are not at war, but this is a good idea. 

French

(5) Almost

You need to deploy troops.  PM me your deployment of troops

Russians

Ottoman Empire

No new research.  (2)

Ottoman troops are recruited.  Draft riots ensue.  (1)

Sweden

(1) failure

Japan

Research: Modern Navy (2)

Seeing as you are an island, you try to make your navy better.  It failed, so the gm does not have to find out what "modern navy" means. 

Ethiopia

(4)

The war so far.  The enemy general was found and you attacked with some 2000 men.  He defended with numbers and quality advantage.  (2vs4)

China

Research: Industry (4)

The Chinese decide to try to industrialize.  Their efforts are for naught. 

Next time post in teal please. 

Austria
5 - nope
USA

3 - nope

Prussia

Research advanced weaponry ( Better cannons, guns, bayonette and so on. ) (6)

I'm going to have to ask what specifically you mean...
Ex.
Longer Range guns (from 200 ft to 250)
Multi-Shot Semi-Auto Carbines (2 shots, used for cavalry at this time)
Faster reload time
More accurate guns

Your guns are farther ranged.  You will always fire first now. 

Spain

Spain rolled a six and I can't find its research post.   :P

So, what shall you research Spain?

Spain now has basic steam engines.  Applicable to mines and only mines. 

*War*
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm back to the windows, so no e with the ' on it or German S.  I still have no idea why this computer breaks every so often, but it works now. :)

Major Actions next turn. 
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 06:18:05 pm by alamoes »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 23, 2013, 01:53:34 pm »

Goddamnit.

Draft riots? Fuck.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 23, 2013, 02:06:08 pm »

(( Longer range please, I'm guessing I can only have one of the options otherwise Accuracy and reload as well, I was thinking more along the lines of an upgraded rifle but for 1 turn thats probably to much.

Dosciplined firing line and superior range, whats not to love about that.... unless of course your the guys marching towards said line in which case..... it was nice to meet you. ))
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 02:13:06 pm by Brood »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 23, 2013, 02:06:49 pm »

Keep trying the same thing as before.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22