Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22

Author Topic: From Napoleon to Beyond (Nation Management Game)  (Read 24503 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: From Napoleon to Beyond (Nation Management Game)
« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2013, 07:25:33 pm »

INDUSTRIFY THE INDUSTRY HARDER

ALLY WITH PORTUGAL USING PURE LOVE

INVEST IN STEAM ENGINE RESEARCH

THROW HALF THE FLEET AT TRADING WITH THE AMERICANS AND START BUILDING ANOTHER THAT IS TWO TIMES THE SIZE OF OUR ENTIRE NAVY
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 05:34:37 am by LordSlowpoke »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 09, 2013, 07:26:01 pm »

Oh, I accept the Ottoman deal, by the way.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 09, 2013, 07:28:21 pm »

Alexander considered the reports he was getting, within the palace at Moscow. The Europeans were still fighting, the fools, unable to defeat Napoleon. If Russia did not assist, the French would be harder to conquer than those currently occupying the land...Napoleon was a good commander. But not the best. The peasants and commoners were slowly being lifted up into a status worthy of the Motherland, and the navy had been expanded. It was time to focus on internal efforts. "Sluga! Fetch me the Polkovodets! Napoleon has gone too far."

Propaganda. The Motherland is in danger; should the French break through Austria and Prussia, our homes could be in danger! For Mother Russia!
Begin work on my projects. Invest in lumber and mining operations. Keep trying to centralize and put more power in the commoner's hands. Support farmers, to equip and feed our soldiers. Look into developing public education(controlled about what it says, of course). Subtly disempower the lower nobles. They didn't pay their tithes/taxes right on time? Their land belongs to government. Similar things like that.
Accept volunteers for the army; if it is not raised to at least 500,000 we will begin conscription. In the meantime, try to recruit people. Work on navy some more, though not as hard as before.
Begin trade with the Ottomans, China, America, and Japan. Work on arms manufacture, but don't trade guns to Americans. They beat the British, they don't need Russian weapons. Will you guys PM me with what you have to trade?
Suggest a temporary alliance with China, for mutual benefit. And the possibility of creating an 'Iron Road', if the GM knows what I mean.
Military movements will be told in PM after discussion.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 09, 2013, 08:15:14 pm »

Oh, I accept the Ottoman deal, by the way.

Someone pm me the details. 

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2013, 09:01:14 pm »

That's why we cc secret messages to the Gm :P

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 09, 2013, 09:26:58 pm »

Two things. Change 500,000 to 800,000, and could you change our name to the United Slavic Countries of Russia?

U! S! (C) A! U! S! (C) A!
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2013, 10:02:00 pm »

That's why we cc secret messages to the Gm :P

That's a good point.  How dare you have good points.  Only I can do that.   ;D

Jokes aside, wait list:

Rus - check
Hasburgs - check
Teutons - nope
Franks - check
Iberia - check
Briton - check
Osman - check
Qing - nope
Vikings - nope
Ethiopia - nope
Thirteen Colonies - Nope
About a hundred warring states - nope

Who knows, maybe the kingdom of Italy will open up.  Maybe Poland or the Duchy of Warsaw will be liberated.

That'd be cool! I was even thinking of something like the Zulu Kingdom, which seems like it could gain power and international recognition, provided it didn't get shot to pieces. :P

Have fun uniting Ethiopia for half the game to be annexed by Italy.  :)
You are now one of the players in the game. 

PTW and if I can try a similar wait list whatever thing like TCM,

Also for nearly the entire Napoleonic wars Britain was at war with France and could do so thanks to its navy, none could rival it!

And you can have Sweden.  Sweden is a major naval country also in the coalition.  It has a medium army that is able to take out Denmark to the west with ease. 

New guys, post your actions in your colors.   

Because I'm running out of colors, and because there are no countries I'm willing to have player-ed existing yet, no more sign ups available. 

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2013, 10:15:56 pm »

Oh... Just drop me. I obviously can't play something like this right now.

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2013, 10:20:50 pm »

Inherit USEC-OFFICER's nation :P
To the rest of the Coalition; don't forget that even though I cannot do any more major military actions in France anymore, I can still help with all of your naval stuff. Don't be afraid to ask me if you need that help.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 09, 2013, 10:27:13 pm »

As for what happens to Prussia...

Well, it's in the name. pRussia. I'll annex it later.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 09, 2013, 10:50:39 pm »

America gets busy expanding it's economy and preparing for a potentialy unavoidable war.

At Home:
-Build more ships.
-Build Munitions Factories in all major cities
-Offer free land in Ohio to citizens looking to start farms
-Start improving roads and canals to connect Ohio Territory with the original 13 colonies
-Deploy Navy to Patrol Coast
-Call for military volenteers. Hire revolutionary war heros to train new foot soldiers, and put the Naval Officers the Ottoman Empire -should send to work training our new Seamen
-Federalist press will put out propaganda singing the praises of England's new policies for dealing with American Merchants

Abroad:
-Trade Cotton with Russia
-Send half of the boats constructed this turn to the Ottoman Empire as part of the deal negotiated via PM

@GM: What resources does America have to trade at this point in history? I recall lumber was big. As was cotton. Are we a major food producer yet, or do we have to wait for Ohio Territories to be settled first?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 01:17:51 am by Weirdsound »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2013, 11:28:37 pm »

Hey look, a turn I missed!

Test test. This looks pretty visible. Thoughts?

Ahem.

Attempt to learn and experiment with methods used by foreign nations to improve the efficiency of Chinese anything. Ready the army for war and start mobilization towards the western portion of the country, and to a lesser extent the southern. DO NOT ATTACK ANYONE YET.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

intelligentmoron

• Bay Watcher
  • Basically, the economy runs on fairy magic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 09, 2013, 11:32:06 pm »

Tokugawa Ienari waited patiently in his hidden alcove observing his guests. He had invited every daimyo in Japan and all of his most loyal retainers for a meeting to explain Japan's recent reopening to the westerners. Due to the gravity of the situation nearly everyone had attended and those that could not had sent a proxy to observe. The daimyos had already begun to divide into groups, he could see that quite plainly. There were several groups whispering furiously to eachother, and partaking in perhaps more sake than was proper, and there were others chatting amicably to eachother, bantering and playing with the geisha girls and enjoying the entertainment as they waited for him to make his appearance.

He waited untill the guests appeared sufficiently relaxed or drunk before heading to the parade ground prepared specifically for the occasion. Once there and attendent ushered his guests outside and each greeted him in turn, bowing in respect. He noticed idly that some refused to put their eyes down while bowing, and continued to look him in the eye.

"An insult? Or a challenge?" he thought, "either way I should have their heads for their insolence" 

Behind him the new army was drilling, he intended to show them the full might of his army, he could only hope they were wise and saw reason...

Enact Russian trade agreements Pm'ed
begin production of western style rifles and cannons using blueprints and experts provided by the Russians
Continue training and recruiting an army of atleast 50,000 men. Promise free food, clothing, weapons, and lodging for all volunteers.
Attempt to sway a number of Daimyos to my cause
Prepare army to be ready for war at a moments notice
Send traders to Russian ports in Siberia to secure lumber, iron, Weapons, and food to fuel the army's effort.
Begin to improve agriculture using experts provided by the Russians
Aid Russian research Pm'ed
grant further rights to the merchant class in order to encourage growth

« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 01:22:29 am by intelligentmoron »
I'll put something here.

Eventually...

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 09, 2013, 11:37:10 pm »

Ahem.

Attempt to learn and experiment with methods used by foreign nations to improve the efficiency of Chinese anything. Ready the army for war and start mobilization towards the western portion of the country, and to a lesser extent the southern. DO NOT ATTACK ANYONE YET.
MY EYES

THEY BURN
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 09, 2013, 11:41:17 pm »

Ahem.

Sweet Mary Joeseph H Christ My head is full of fuck from that text like literally my brain cells are having an orgy that is killing them by the dozens
I need to put something interesting here.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22