Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22

Author Topic: From Napoleon to Beyond (Nation Management Game)  (Read 24445 times)

intelligentmoron

• Bay Watcher
  • Basically, the economy runs on fairy magic.
    • View Profile
Re: From Napoleon to Beyond (Nation Management Game)
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2013, 11:11:33 pm »

You can have most of Indonesia, but I want Papua New Guinea and Sulawesi, I assume just splitting austrailia straight down the middle is fine? You can have the Javanese islands and Brunei.
I'll put something here.

Eventually...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2013, 11:17:42 pm »

OOC, we have a deal. IC, of course, our lawmakers haven't even met with each other...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

intelligentmoron

• Bay Watcher
  • Basically, the economy runs on fairy magic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2013, 11:21:26 pm »

I modified my actions to send a delegation.
I'll put something here.

Eventually...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2013, 11:24:44 pm »

As have I.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2013, 12:31:09 am »

America focuses heavily on improving both it's merchant and military fleet, as well as the infrastructure and plantations in the South. Send delegations to all European Nations except Spain. Do whatever is possible to turn anti-Catholic feelings into Anti-Spain and encourage sympathy with the plight of the average Mexican. Export as much as possible to Russia, any excess cotton and manufactured goods that they cannot buy go to England and Prussia.

(I'm not sure what the status of Russian Ports is in 1800, but you may want to consider building or capturing one. Who says King Cotton need only benefit the UK? You'd have to help me get in touch with the Asian Countries in our alliance, because until the Panama Canal or the American West Coast is a thing it is rather impractical for me to ICly have any serious dealings with Asia.)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 10:18:53 am by Weirdsound »

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2013, 12:39:55 am »

America, use "["color=blue][/color"]". It makes things easier on me.  Without quotes of course. 
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 07:23:59 am by alamoes »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2013, 01:30:20 am »

Did anyone claim Spain? I don't think anyone claimed Spain.

If so, ALL OF THE INDUSTRY, ALL OF THE EXPANSION, MAKE IT HAPPEN

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2013, 07:32:04 am »

So I may post an intro turn later, but not on my phone.  And when everyone posts, I'll do the intro turn. 

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2013, 10:19:17 am »

America, use "["color=blue][/color"]". It makes things easier on me.  Without quotes of course. 

Blue-S-A it is!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2013, 10:31:35 am »

Invest heavily into the military.

Start expanding our factories for war-time production.

France, Great Britain, Austria, Spain. If you haven't noticed Russia has clearly stated their intentions to invade Europe and turn it into their personal playground. This cannot stand. I propose that we form an alliance to defeat the Russia bear once and for all, and to ensure the securities and liberties of generations to come.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2013, 10:48:32 am »

France, Great Britain, Austria, Spain. If you haven't noticed Russia has clearly stated their intentions to invade Europe and turn it into their personal playground. This cannot stand. I propose that we form an alliance to defeat the Russia bear once and for all, and to ensure the securities and liberties of generations to come.

A defensive alliance geared specifically against Russia or an alliance in general is what you have in mind? If you and France banded together you could probably outdo the Russians, their army's pretty horrible. But still, if you need me and I'm not fighting on the home front, I'll send something in.

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2013, 01:31:56 pm »

I'll be the brits
Invest in general industrialization across the empire.
Bring in general political reforms that curtail the worst of exploitation and allow greater representation in colonial issues.
Pass the Acts of Union to become the United Kingdoms of Great Britain and Ireland.
Send various envoys to the rest of the Second Coalition (Russia, Prussia, Austria in this game) to generally improve relations and help coordinate efforts against the menace of the French Republic.
Expand the Military Fleet and the British Army in Europe.

Don't forget the French Revolutionary War is still going on in 1800.
Also, is there a reason the Ottoman Empire isn't a possible player? They were more important then, say, Japan in this timeframe.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 02:13:00 pm by Emral282 »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2013, 02:47:30 pm »

I will join this alliance.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2013, 03:05:29 pm »

Okay I knew I was missing someone!

« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 03:10:52 pm by alamoes »

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2013, 04:27:27 pm »

Everyone just ignored poor little France over here.

Send envoys to Japan, propose a technological agreement for research into topics of mutual interest. Like things that go boom.

Agree with Prussia's proposal for alliance.

Begin extensive testing on gunpowder and the weapons associated with it.

Does the revolution still take place, or does it kind of omit itself from our little timeline here to make it fair?
I need to put something interesting here.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22