Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22

Author Topic: From Napoleon to Beyond (Nation Management Game)  (Read 24438 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: From Napoleon to Beyond (Nation Management Game)
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2013, 04:49:32 pm »

Hey Remuthra, you do realize that you are currently in a war with France and sending armies after yourself is probably not the best idea at the moment right?
...You mean, there is a time that sending armies after yourself is the best idea??

Anyways. Should we RP the meeting between England and China or what? More to the point, whose diplomats reach who first and how could this affect the other meeting?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2013, 04:59:48 pm »

...You mean, there is a time that sending armies after yourself is the best idea??
Sure! When they are being rebel scum and trying to break free of your righteous rule!

I also ask the PM/Secret Moves question, if we can do that there will be some... other... things I will want to do this turn.

Edit: As the British player, I approve of the below action.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 05:28:25 pm by Emral282 »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2013, 05:13:46 pm »

Well then. I didn't think I had Hungary yet.
Same as before, but now we rally nationalism to crush those hellspawn known as the French.

intelligentmoron

• Bay Watcher
  • Basically, the economy runs on fairy magic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2013, 05:47:06 pm »

Tokugawa Ienari sat in his quarters deeply troubled. In his 23 years of the shogunate he has served longer in his post than any before him, or indeed he felt, any that may come after. He had all he could ever want, all the power in the world and a harem hundreds strong to fulfill his every need or carnal desire, and yet he was keenly aware of his vunerability. The Daimyos controlled their land virtually free of his influence with their own armies and agendas.

He knew they plotted against him, they would have to go

The samurai, the long honored warrior class clung to their small fiefs of land and warrior honor and have on far too many occassions thwarted his ambitions. They would need to be quelled as well. He could not do it alone however. Such radical change would require a war the likes of which Japan has never seen. In light of the great Kyoto fire, the Eruption of mount Miyama, And countless others natural disaster under his reign it was if the very land itself cried out for change.

He needed help for such momentous undertakings, and presently set about the preperations...

Send envoys to the court of the Celestial Emperor and the the leaders of these "Russians" which have layed claim to the northlands. Request a promise of aid from both countries to intervene in case of war with the Daimyos and request Russian advisors to aid the new model military.

Open select ports to western trade under shogunate control

Begin recruiting an army of peasantry paid and loyal to the shogunate, arm them With western matchlock rifles and if the envoy to the Russians is successful have the westerners instruct them in their use
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 10:19:50 pm by intelligentmoron »
I'll put something here.

Eventually...

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2013, 06:18:03 pm »

Sure! When they are being rebel scum and trying to break free of your righteous rule!

I also ask the PM/Secret Moves question, if we can do that there will be some... other... things I will want to do this turn.

Edit: As the British player, I approve of the below action.

Certainly.  That will be fine.  Good thing you asked; I would have never noticed otherwise. 

Just saying, you can declare peace/war at any time.  Many countries did, like Napoleon.  He ended all wars in victory or white peace for the Consulate this year.   
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 06:35:30 pm by alamoes »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2013, 08:52:34 pm »

Alexander considered these envoy's from the western upstarts known as America, their long southern neighbors the Chinese, and the small chain of islands called Japan. Why the last would seek to dismantle their warrior cast was unknown to him, but if that was what they wished...and they wished military advisors? Hmmm...while they likely had an excellent understanding of tactics and strategy, they would likely be unknowing in the modern styles of warfare...particularly the ones Alexander had used to slay the old emperor a year ahead of schedule. They would have their advisors, and perhaps in return, grant their armies some much needed discipline with their own commanders. As for China...their silk was more expensive than these American's cotton...but Russia had much to trade. Lumber, coal, and metals abound in their northern home. Speaking of which, where was the minister of economy...

Begin reforming economy and military. Support resource producing businesses, farms, mines, lumberyards...mother russia must produce. Industrialization will come later. Military is to be taught tactics(PMed), as is the Japanese by our advisors. Request their advisors to help instill some discipline and fear in our unruly men. Begin encroaching of government control(benevolent of course) onto businesses and people. Start by aggressive takeovers/bankruptcy eating or something. Trade lumber and coal. So much lumber! Metals are to be kept and traded infrequently. Advise a short-term alliance with China. Establish navy. Establish navy. I want a goddamn navy. Try to explore routes to Africa and south-east Asia. Trade with America for cotton. Research transportation uses for steam engines. Such long term and fast transport will be useful for getting soldiers across the country if needed.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2013, 09:46:49 pm »

Bonaparte furrowed his brow, his face taking on an expression of worry, yet his eyes were filled with the hard steel of determination. The gears inside his head turned furiously, and you could almost see the steam departing from his ears with the intensity of his thought, his eyes scanning over several reports and maps of Europe strewn across a grand desk, expertly cut and carved. His foot tapped the heavily carpeted ground, creating a muffled thud every time it came in contact. France was in a rough spot, engaged in hostilities that seem too numerous, and unavoidable through peace or negotiation. So in order to make peace, Napoleon must plan for war. He lifted his gaze, letting it rest heavily upon his cavalry sabre that lies on the corner of the desk, perched there as a paperweight. The time will come to draw her steel once more.

Send envoys to Spain to request aid, find a way to send envoys to America through some hole in the British blockade, request aid. If they refuse, tug on their ear, and say they owe us one.
Ready troops, and start designating defenses at key locations (Described in private message)
Start readying more troops and resources for the war effort. (Also described.)

Spread Propaganda throughout France, inspiring both the enlisted and un-enlisted men of the country for war. Improve morale at all costs, without draining resources. Set a budget to the aspiring entrepreneurs and inventors with ideas on how to better resource gain or manufacture in France, as well as those with possible technologies for militaristic use.

Pour la france! Nous lutter le British et Austrian chiens!

Aller! Aller!

Translation added for the lazy.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 10:35:04 pm by Gamerboy4life »
I need to put something interesting here.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2013, 10:09:26 pm »

Could you translate that?

Or, better, use (abbr=) and (/abbr) to provide translations to anyone hovering their mouse over that text.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2013, 12:05:29 am »

It means for France, we fight the Austrian dogs.  Google translate.  For whatever reason I just had to hover over the text and it translated.  I don't question my computer anymore, it just decides to do things on its own.  Oh the above post says all.  :P

I've got nine messages from people, so yes it is working. 

We are waiting for:
Ottomans - posted
British - posted
French - posted
Russians - posted
America - posted
Spain - posted
Japan - posted
China - posted
Prussia - I'll use your other actions as guidelines. 
Austria - posted

I'll write the update now. 
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 12:14:41 am by alamoes »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2013, 12:10:18 am »

PTW.

Looks quite interesting!

Plus, I know it's probably not going to happen but I'm willing to jump in as a minor nation or perhaps a tribe. :3
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2013, 12:16:13 am »

PTW.

Looks quite interesting!

Plus, I know it's probably not going to happen but I'm willing to jump in as a minor nation or perhaps a tribe. :3

Who knows, maybe the kingdom of Italy will open up.  Maybe Poland or the Duchy of Warsaw will be liberated.  Or you can be India when it becomes an independent major power. 
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 09:13:42 pm by alamoes »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2013, 12:17:04 am »

Wait. The other turn got posted? Wow, I've completely missed that.

So where was the turn posted?

EDIT: I'm not that blind, am I?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2013, 12:20:29 am »

Who knows, maybe the kingdom of Italy will open up.  Maybe Poland or the Duchy of Warsaw will be liberated.

That'd be cool! I was even thinking of something like the Zulu Kingdom, which seems like it could gain power and international recognition, provided it didn't get shot to pieces. :P
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2013, 12:23:06 am »

Wait. The other turn got posted? Wow, I've completely missed that.

So where was the turn posted?

EDIT: I'm not that blind, am I?

After I posted the intro, everyone but you readdressed their actions.  Often multiple times. (and in different colors for the French) 
If the first post is your turn, than we can start the game officially. 

Also, why are you guys sending me diplomatic offerings?  Since there will eventually be meta-gaming, and I'm sure a letter can get from one place to another in the time-span of a year, barring the loss of the letter or the cutting off of communications by the enemy.  I'm assuming that you guys have sent the pms to each other too.  I don't know why I need to see them.  Unless you want them in the update? :P
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 12:34:23 am by alamoes »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2013, 12:47:21 am »

We are CCing them so that you are not left in the dark. It is generally polite to keep the GM informed of that sort of stuff. If you don't want to know, I will stop.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22