Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22

Author Topic: From Napoleon to Beyond (Nation Management Game)  (Read 24495 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: From Napoleon to Beyond (Nation Management Game)
« Reply #150 on: March 10, 2013, 09:47:51 pm »

I didn't say I wanted to bring it to Austria! I was going to test it in Siberia first! Make sure it works properly.

China and Russia share borders, so once the Iron Road joins the Silk Road, all will be well.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 10, 2013, 09:51:20 pm »

Yeah, but you also have to build it after you roll.  :S I cannot guarentee you doing that in the Napoleonic period. 

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 10, 2013, 09:52:32 pm »

Is this going to be the kind of alternate where the first several turns are historically accurate but by 1941 we'll be in WWII, which consists of Ireland, Luxembourg and Belgium teamming up to prevent King John F Kennedy of the United Empire of Mexicana from invading Nazi Russia and stealing the world's supply of vodka cooler?
Who knows?
Oh, and you left out the bit where the Russo-Sino Alliance is a massive industrial powerhouse who no one dares attack or offend ever in any way shape or form. Which isn't too much unlike reality, I guess.
(Oh, and just to note: I don't think JFK was old enough to be President in 1941.)
Fixed it for you. Which reminds me, I need to PM you some more...
Right, right.

Why would China get involved?
Because Russia has great desire and ability to pay...

And China is right next to Russia. Especially once we get that stupid Mongolia out of the way...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 10, 2013, 09:53:24 pm »

True. But it'd be so cool! I want my steam-powered mechs. And similar shit.

Also, China, once France is dealt with I would be glad to help you subjugate about half of Asia. The half that isn't you, me, or Japan, that is.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 10, 2013, 10:04:51 pm »

Well, the whatever cannon is the first step to steam powered mechs.   :P. And it does work.  I'll pm you the details after the turn tomorrow.  Not Ronnie like spellcheck automatically went to, but tomorrow. 

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 11, 2013, 03:13:49 pm »

Hooo boy.

This could turn ugly.
I need to put something interesting here.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 11, 2013, 04:10:59 pm »

What, steam-mechs against an unsuspecting Europe?

Just contract Dr. Krankenstein to make some kaiju.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 13, 2013, 02:36:10 pm »

That forced march ability is overpowered, but it was also overpowered irl. 

I'm finally done with this. 

This is going really well.  Much better than the thirteen colonies thing I had before. 

Turn 2 ~ 1802

Russia

First things first. (2) You know what that means Russia. No secret for you yet.   (if anyone takes the hint, pm me and I'll roll for you too. You must include the keyword in your pm)

Conscription begins.  200,000 new recruits flock to the chance for another great Italian campaign.  You send an emissary to the Chinese to ally with them. 

The Russians march onward to Austria, but their prized weapon, the Pulitsky Cannon breaks in the middle of Austria.  You really did not think things through with that thing, and it is almost complete garbage.  Time for the Mark II?(1)

Japan

So, the Eastern Nation decides to have a cultural exchange  to ease tensions between traditionalists and western powers.  Several important Japanese Samurai visit Moscow and talk about warfare. Your tactics intermingle, and both sides feel an influence from each other.  Nobody, not even me, the GM, knows what that'll do.  Several Russians are given katanas as gifts from the Samurai. 

Anyways, I finally found the small sliver of evidence that allows you to have guns.  So you want western guns?  Why not build your own Japanese flintlocks? 

Japan has also received some "help" from the Russians.  The Daimyos are up in arms. 

France

Remember the country you failed to take, Egypt?  Well you left your army there outnumbered for about a year.  Whoops.  No point in trying to save them anymore. 

The majick word was foraging.  Your troops were close enough to get supplies in from home, but in Austria, supplies take time to get from home to the army.  Austria does not have this problem, because it is at home.  Napoleon orders his men to scavenge the land for food, his men do so, and they take food from nearby farms.  Thanks to Napoleon's genius, and because I don't want a completely incompetent France, he uses forced marches to cut the time it takes to get to Austria in half and catch up to them before they even get there. 

Those Privateers are still at it.  Your Mediterranean fleet is spread across the Mediterranean.  You have two more shots at unveiling the true perpetrator.  Your fleet remains in dock, and the blockade continues.  You are in an undeclared war with the US, and at war with the coalition of Britain, Russia, Austria, and the Ottoman Empire. 

Britain

The army is demobilized and conscription is ended for now.  As such the British economy flourishes, and they begin to pay back debts. 

The British end the practice of press-gangs and scold any captains who have practiced such actions.  Such captains are annoyed with the British, though.  The blockade continues as such, and 10 ships

America

You manufacture more ships.  Navy to 15. 

-Whats a factory?

The Ohio is quickly colonized.  Expect statehood in about five to fifteen turns. 

A great effort is given to make the Ohio a nerve center of the country, but surprisingly, congress says no.  Instead they agree that the country needs roads, and decide to build new roads. 

Napoleon still has not ended the Quasi War. 

China

You import western flintlocks in small scale.  China does not have enough excess trade goods, as their population is really high, to give out guns to the entire standing army.  You now have 20,000 musket-men. 

The Ottomans

The Ottomans build 20 more ships, making 60 ships in their fleet.  They mobilize 20,000 men.  100,000 men are ammassed on the North-Western border on the Austrians.  (You are at war with France, you can go through Austrian territory.)

Spain

Spain pressures Portugal into an alliance.  They say no.  Also you are in an alliance with France.  You may want to talk with your allies, as you are in their war.  (France took Spain in the first coalition, the Bourbons are still in power though. You are not at war with the US though.)  You try to trade, but as what happened throughout your history, the British pirated your traders. 

You work on rectifying that problem by building more ships.  You now have 60 ships to Britains 80

Ethiopia

Ras Gugas raises an army of 6,000 spear men.  He marches and takes a key river.  [6vs4]

Sweden

The Swedes take their troops and march across the border to Norway.  They want their land back, and begin the march into Denmark to take back Norway.  They also do some economic changes, but the war is big news. 

Prussia

Prussia continues with getting a bigger army.  they now have a decently sized army of about 160k and a reserve army of 40k. They still need a player substitute.

Austria

Austria mobilizes the economy to produce cannons and such.  Unfortunately, because the French are so fast, the Austrian army has to move up north to get away. 

War!

French VS. Austria

The French take their army east into Austria.  The rest of the Austrian army (50,000 men) that partook in the battle retreats north into Switzerland and fortifies the area.  The Austrian Army moves east into Austria. 

Napoleon has a chance to see this.  On a 4, 5, or 6 he notices this.  (3)
Whoops, Napoleon marched so quickly that he did not see the Austrians regroup to the North. 

The battle takes place in the east of Lombardia at . 

The some of the reinforcements make it, namely the 20 cannons, but 80,000 men are delayed.  (3)

The Austrians are in a great position to hit the enemy army hard.  Once the Austrian army is regrouped, it attacks Napoleon in a flank attack. 

The main Austrian army makes a charge too.  Napoleon uses a good 80,000 men while the Austrians encircle it with an army of 40,000 on both sides. (2vs1)

The Austrians move first.  1,2,3 Austria, 4,5,6 France  (3)

Their encirclement tips the balance in their favor and the French flank is in dire straights.  (4)

The French hold on though, getting some reinforcements, but not enough to turn the tide.  (3)

The next day of the battle ends it thought, the main Austrian army moves to charge through the French lines.  The Northern flank's fire and the charging Austrians rout the enemy completely.  (6)

The war does not end there though. 

The Battle of Lombardia

With half the French army routing, the Austrians attack.  The french are completely suprised with the out come and some of their field artillery are destroyed.  (1vs4)

Continuing the war, the French army, now pretty demoralized send in fresh troops.  Napoleon will not make anymore mistakes.  A more even clash between small armies occurs.  (3vs2)

The Austrians have 30,000 men fighting against Napoleons 40,000. 

1,2,3 Austria goes first, 456 France goes first (2)

Austria marches across the field almost unscathed (5)

Napoleon is also doing well and he repulses the attack, but is unable to seize the initiative.  They begin to receive reinforcements.  (5)

The next day, the Austrians again mount up for an attack.  They bring in 20,000 more men.  (5)

Napoleon takes the initiative and charges.  (6)

The Austrians repulse the attack.  (6)

The next day 20,000 troops arrive, but the Austrian momentum is gone.  (4)

The troops are tired on both sides.  It seems as both sides are getting nowhere.  (3)

Napoleon leads another charge.  (5)

Random.org causes this to be a stalemate. By almost the entire armies on both sides have amassed into this massive battle. This battle can determine the fate of the war.  (5)

Austria charges. (5)

Napoleon counter charges. (6)

Finaly Austria makes a small mistake.  (4)

Napoleon exploits the mistake to make it bigger. (4+1 for Napoleons specialty =5)

The Austrians do not recover.  (2)

The French continue their charge.  (4)

The Austrians do a tactical retreat. (3)

Casualties ~ Please note that deserting was a common practice of this time.  Conscription meant that people who did not want to fight had to fight.  Casualties may differ from troops left because of the men who quit earlier. 

French - 30,000

Austrians - 50,000

Troops Left

French - About 120,000 ~ Feeling Awesome

Austrians - About 90,000 ~ their morale is shattered.  (so bad I didn't capitalize.  )

And the war is still not over.   We have a whole campaign left. 

The French continue to crush the Austrians going at about the speed of a five die roll. 
The Austrians must roll a five or higher to regroup or be crushed again.   (4) Nope
Army almost eliminated, but the guys left just quit.  You have 40,000 terrified men left and should REALLY get some timely help from a certain Eastern country that is green. 

I'll post the rest of the turn tomorrow or tonight on my phone.  Probably tomorrow.  But yeah, Napoleon loses he gets forced march bonus, but if he loses twice, then he must roll or his army will die.  Yeah, overpowered, but so was ~Napoleon~. 

The war would have ended then and there, but the Russians are sitting in the middle of Austria doing nothing!  (I rolled for reinforcements in the turn).

Sweden VS. Denmark

I've done this war so many times. 
Denmark is allied with France.  They should declare war on you. 
The Swedes outnumber the Danes in Norway 80,000:60,000, due to the blockade. 

[5vs1]
[6vs2]

Two minor Swedish victories. 

[2vs6]

The Danes catch a small scout unit surprised. 

[5vs5]

Finally, both armies meet. 

Day 1

[5vs3]
Swedes attack first. 

[4vs3]
They push them back with their supperior men. 

[2vs1]
The attack stalls though

[6vs5]
Both sides experience heavy fighting and the Danes are forced to continue retreating. 

[2vs2]
With that, the battle ends in victory for the Swedes.

[5vs3]
The Swedes hunt down and eliminate the Danish army in Norway. 
The war is won by the Swedish army and can be ended in the ceding of Norway, or the war can be taken to Denmark proper.  The rest of the year is spent occupying Norway.  They are now at war with France. 

Anyone who figured out the secret, you will be added in next turn.   
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 05:19:04 pm by alamoes »

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 13, 2013, 06:12:45 pm »

This post seems odd... It's all the same stuff over again?

Didn't me and Austria stop the fighting?

Edit: Yeah, I was wondering that. Guess it's the most logical explanation.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 06:25:54 pm by Gamerboy4life »
I need to put something interesting here.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 13, 2013, 06:15:48 pm »

I think it's the completed turn.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 13, 2013, 07:54:08 pm »

Propaganda once more. The Austrians have fallen, and now nothing stands in the way of the evil Napoleon Bonaparte and the Motherland save it's brave soldiers. Do your part to help them!
Use the war as an oppurtunity to tighten control, lesser nobles are to be sent into battle on the frontlines, armored in the same way as their troops(that is to say, not at all), to improve morale. E visiting samurai commanders are to have bulletproof armor(the cuirasses and shit? The Japanese had bulletproof armor). People are to work in mines to supplie vital materials for the war, farms to feed and clothe our soldiers, workshops to make the actual supplies...oh, and get 700,000 more troops by the end of the year. Hopefully they'll be volunteers, but all must do their part.
To facilitate this...equalize genders, to an extent. They may do all jobs in all capacities as their male counterparts, and are supposed to be treated with the same respect. This means they can be drafted too. Exceptions are made, of course, for the pregnant and such, and though it will cause disruption, people'll get over it.
Research projects and military movements will be PMed.

Oh yes, and try to fix Ukraine.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 13, 2013, 08:10:21 pm »

Ras Gugas's Decrees:

- Encircle our enemy's forces, and then charge from multiple fronts!

- Modernize more! If possible.

- Learn some European technology, if possible also.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 13, 2013, 08:33:32 pm »

(Hey GM, did my ships for Naval Officers trade go through with the Ottomans? Also did you make the secret roll you promised when I guessed the Iron Road correctly?)

Jefferson leans back in his office chair. He may not have been the biggest supporter of the Coalition against France, but Russia's heavy committal to the war effort seems to have created opportunity to push his Ohio agenda on congress, and spur the territory to statehood even faster. There was also the matter of possible war, and there were still preparations to be made.

-Export food to Russia, lots and lots of food. Enough to drive up food prices and encourage people to claim land in Ohio and go into farming.
-Continue to pressure congress to connect Ohio to the original 13.
-Offer free land in Ohio and US Citizenship to British subjects in Canada
-Start buying up guns from local manufacturers
-Build new shipyards in New England
-Crank out new ships at existing shipyards
-Move army to border with Louisiana in case Napoleon decides to punish us for our support of Russia

Further actions may come via PM.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 02:01:08 pm by Weirdsound »

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 13, 2013, 09:01:31 pm »

Domestic:
Continue expanding the economy and paying back of the debts.
Expand the navy.
Continue the colonization efforts.
Foreign:
Continue the blockade.

Did my deal with Ethiopia go through too?

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 13, 2013, 10:43:20 pm »

You are going to have to have Ethiopia come out of isolation in order for trade to happen.  HINT intervene. 
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22