Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22

Author Topic: From Napoleon to Beyond (Nation Management Game)  (Read 24493 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: From Napoleon to Beyond (Nation Management Game)
« Reply #105 on: March 10, 2013, 12:15:05 am »

WOO YEA AFRICA
...Ahem.
-----

After years of infighting, the Emperor of Ethopia had finally resumed full power over his land. The Emperor brings with him an end to isolationism with steps toward progression.

DECREES OF THE ETHIOPIAN EMPEROR:

-End Isolationism!
---Begin trade with European powers. Offer gold, coffee, and meat in exchange for modern weaponry and infrastructure.

-Raise small military scout units to find nearby tribes and minor nations to be annexed into our great empire.

-Industrialize! We need smoke and steam to dominate the African continent!

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 10, 2013, 03:26:05 am »

((I dont know about you guys but I intened to cc our GM into the end outcome of all negotiations just so he knows the end outcome. Dont think he needs to know each and every step of the way))
This is a blank sig.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 10, 2013, 09:52:36 am »

So that's a "no" to the coloring.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

intelligentmoron

• Bay Watcher
  • Basically, the economy runs on fairy magic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 10, 2013, 10:06:28 am »

So that's a "no" to the coloring.
that is a "Hell No" to the coloring
I'll put something here.

Eventually...

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 10, 2013, 10:17:20 am »

Intro for New Players

Ethiopia

Your empire is facing a crisis.  Many warlords have risen up in claim to the empire.  It has been some two hundred years since the conflict began, and it is about time for it to end in the unification of Ethiopia.  Then, you can start modernization.   :P  It is the period of Zemene Mesafint, the era of princes, Ras Gugsa and The Great Ras Wolde Selassie are fighting for power.  (Ras equals duke)  Whoever wins may successfully unite the kingdom.  Who will you support?  Ras Gugsa is from present day Gondar (no lord of the rings reference intended) or then known Begernder.  Ras Wolde Selassie is from Tigray.  Just saying, the Wolde Selassie guy was attacked by his two brothers sent to kill him, but they were killed and the guy who sent them made peace immediately out of intimidation.  Ras Gugsa passed some reforms consolidating the land under his control away from the nobles.  These two guys are fighting to unify the Kingdom of Ethiopia.  Pick the guy you want to be. 

Sweden

Sweden is at war with France and Spain.  Sweden has pretty much nothing wrong with it.  It is the most boring country you can be, but also the most easiest to start with.  You have a large enough military to take Norway from Denmark at any time you want, and then invade Denmark proper and annex the state to form Scandinavia, but not nearly enough to defend from anyone else.  If Russia is preoccupied, then you may invade and take St. Peters-burg.  That is about it, you could invade the HRE, but Austria would not like that and having Austria divided would not be the best for Europe right now. 

If you highlight over the yellow, you can actually read it.  :P
China, if you want another color I can give you beige maroon teal orwhite.  That is it for colors.  I would not pick beige or white. 

Russia - check
Austria - check
Prussia - nope, we need a new prussia.  If nobody plays as him I'll be Prussia for the turn 
France - check
Spain - check
Britain - check
Ottomans - check
China - check
Sweden - nope
Ethiopia - read the intro first, your country is *special*  :D
USA - I see now.  Please continue the coloring.  I'm almost literally blind.
Japan - check
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 11:18:24 am by alamoes »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 10, 2013, 10:36:29 am »

Oh yeah, I forgot 1800 was still Zemene Mesafint. I will be:

Ras Gugas!
Ras Decrees:

-Raise army.

-Cut Selassie off from the rivers and other important resources.

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 10, 2013, 10:52:32 am »

I'll take teal.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

intelligentmoron

• Bay Watcher
  • Basically, the economy runs on fairy magic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 10, 2013, 11:02:22 am »

Alamoes I believe America already posted his turn, though not in color.

America gets busy expanding it's economy and preparing for a potentialy unavoidable war.

At Home:
-Build more ships.
-Build Munitions Factories in all major cities
-Offer free land in Ohio to citizens looking to start farms
-Start improving roads and canals to connect Ohio Territory with the original 13 colonies
-Deploy Navy to Patrol Coast
-Call for military volenteers. Hire revolutionary war heros to train new foot soldiers, and put the Naval Officers the Ottoman Empire -should send to work training our new Seamen
-Federalist press will put out propaganda singing the praises of England's new policies for dealing with American Merchants

Abroad:
-Trade Cotton with Russia
-Send half of the boats constructed this turn to the Ottoman Empire as part of the deal negotiated via PM

@GM: What resources does America have to trade at this point in history? I recall lumber was big. As was cotton. Are we a major food producer yet, or do we have to wait for Ohio Territories to be settled first?

There it is.
I'll put something here.

Eventually...

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 10, 2013, 11:44:46 am »

Sweetness, I'm in.

Sweden will prepare to restore its old days of glory

Begin foundations for industrializaion
Double the navy and slightly increase the army, start a conscription program if nessisairy
Mobilize troops to war against Denmark (Exact detailes PM'd)
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 10, 2013, 12:10:16 pm »

Sweden

Sweden is at war with France and Spain.  Sweden has pretty much nothing wrong with it.

What about the poor soil, small population and relative lack of manufacturing capabilities? I might have left this game, but that doesn't mean I still can't complain about it, damn it!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 10, 2013, 12:13:11 pm »

Sweden

Sweden is at war with France and Spain.  Sweden has pretty much nothing wrong with it.
What about the poor soil, small population and relative lack of manufacturing capabilities? I might have left this game, but that doesn't mean I still can't complain about it, damn it!
Those can be worked around.
All you have to do is conquer China!
Sig

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 10, 2013, 12:15:00 pm »

Hmm... Yeah. Pretty much.

Though whether the iron trade is profitable enough to buy the mercenaries/ships needed to conquer China is a different story altogether.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 10, 2013, 12:18:54 pm »

Though whether the iron trade is profitable enough to buy the mercenaries/ships needed to conquer China is a different story altogether.
China has iron, steel, silk, spices, manpower, and so forth, and so could buy a bigger army and navy.
Simple iron trade won't cut it.
Sig

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 10, 2013, 12:20:55 pm »

China has iron, steel, silk, spices, manpower, and so forth, and so could buy a bigger army and navy.
Could Sweden team up with several other countries and together take China, then annexing a part of China?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 10, 2013, 12:22:31 pm »

Except Sweden doesn't have much to trade except iron and some other goods I'm too lazy to look up. All the riches in China won't help you if they're all in China while you're in Sweden.

Could Sweden team up with several other countries and together take China, then annexing a part of China?

I don't see why not. The only problems would come up when China actually has to be divided and nobody is happy with their share.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22