Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28

Author Topic: A Beginner's Guide: Kinda Dumb  (Read 60040 times)

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Beginner's Guide: Judging By the Smoke
« Reply #195 on: May 14, 2013, 06:52:36 am »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 05:00:44 pm by Bronimin »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: A Beginner's Guide: That Looks Like a Wall
« Reply #196 on: May 14, 2013, 05:20:12 pm »

Um...whoops. Somehow, I edited over the old turn with the new one.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
Re: A Beginner's Guide: Judging By the Smoke
« Reply #197 on: May 14, 2013, 06:10:51 pm »

Root between the sofa cushions and see if there is anything stuck down there, you never know. Do the same under the matress of your bed, and behind the headboard. Spend some time knocking on the walls, looking for a hollow point.

See if Figura can recognise the crowbar or the pick, the former came from the alter in her room, after all. It's a long shot but maybe she will remember something. Split the egg in two over the food machine, letting the contents fall into the hatch or wherever we are vomiting into. See what comes out the other side. If it looks edible, stick it between two slices of bread and eat it, vomiting into the food machine. Put the soylent green on the plate, and put the plate on the alter. Consider trying to force the cat? into the food machine.

See if we can't repair the hot plate.
+1 except for forcing the ?cat in the machine. We need a pet, it will be cute. Also, give Figura the crowbar, and have her help with the "whack on the walls for hollow noises" thingy.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 06:16:58 pm by ArchAIngel »

Demdemeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 15, 2013, 08:30:10 am »

Animate more statues? Golden statue army, ahoy!

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 15, 2013, 08:55:09 am »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 05:00:52 pm by Bronimin »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 15, 2013, 02:57:22 pm »

((Looks like you forgot to subtract the 2 slices of bread we used for the sandwich :P))
Oops.

Anyway, I think I wrote too much for this post, really the first forum game I have posted in. Most of these I have come up with will require alot of creativity. They are not particularly well thought out, and the last one is more of an experiment. I tried to make it less 'make a food machine' and more how I envisioned it to work, so everyone can make improvements to the design. So here we go:

Firstly, you're not naked. That implies no clothes.
Secondly, that should be possible, if A. you spent the Creativity and B. more people agreed than objected.

Spoiler: Project Flooring! (click to show/hide)
That sounds like it could be possible, although you've never enchanted anything that was bigger than you.

This would be possible to test.

Consider trying meditation as a potential method of gaining creativity. Huffing all this paint isn't good for us.
Try it.

smash up the painted glass shard and feed one of the smaller shards into the food machine, just to see what happens. Maybe it will be able to make food out of inorganic things too.
The what? I can't think of any glass shards that would be around...or glass anything, for that matter.

Now, I am going to post this before I think too hard about how much effort I put into this. Really interesting game, WyrmGold.
Thanks.

I'd like to note that all of this will take a lot of Creativity, especially if you also want to animate the other statues. You need to prioritize.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Demdemeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 15, 2013, 03:36:58 pm »

((Looks like you forgot to subtract the 2 slices of bread we used for the sandwich :P))

Anyway, I think I wrote too much for this post, really the first forum game I have posted in. Most of these I have come up with will require alot of creativity. They are not particularly well thought out, and the last one is more of an experiment. I tried to make it less 'make a food machine' and more how I envisioned it to work, so everyone can make improvements to the design. So here we go:

Spoiler: Project Flooring! (click to show/hide)

Consider trying meditation as a potential method of gaining creativity. Huffing all this paint isn't good for us.

smash up the painted glass shard and feed one of the smaller shards into the food machine, just to see what happens. Maybe it will be able to make food out of inorganic things too.

Now, I am going to post this before I think too hard about how much effort I put into this. Really interesting game, WyrmGold.

+1

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #202 on: May 16, 2013, 03:21:38 am »

Oh, right, we already named the cat?.

Now, unless my anatomical knowledge is very sub-par, females of a given species contain a miniature factory for creating more of themselves. But can we get this factory working? Not in Persana, that would be inconvenient, but how about Figura? Can we create a race of golden statue-sorcerers?

Also, while I'm at it, we should enchant Figura to be able to use some kind of sorcery.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 16, 2013, 04:40:36 am »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 05:01:00 pm by Bronimin »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 16, 2013, 09:53:21 pm »

I'd like to note that all of this will take a lot of Creativity, especially if you also want to animate the other statues. You need to prioritize.
There's also the fact that order matters because, with a lot of this stuff, interesting stuff will happen (gasp!), which will affect your ability to do other interesting stuff and may even cause an early end to the update.

Shall we consider priorities? Please?
Sig

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #205 on: May 16, 2013, 11:19:19 pm »

At this rate, I don't think anyone is capable of prioritising.

It's up to you, GWG. We put our the fate of an imaginary person in your hands.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Beginner's Guide: A Power I Don't Use Whenever I Can't
« Reply #206 on: May 16, 2013, 11:23:37 pm »

There was a criticism on suggestion games a while back that complained that the GM had too much power in suggestion games because s/he could choose what actions to do and what not to do. It's a power I inevitably have, but one I don't use whenever I can't. So it is here.

But if no one prioritizes, I'm going to take the actions in the order posted and have Persana sniff paint until she hits 9 Toxicality, runs out of actions, or discovers something interesting...and the middle is least likely. Fine with you?
Sig

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 17, 2013, 05:11:46 am »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 05:02:17 pm by Bronimin »

Demdemeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 17, 2013, 10:09:04 am »

+1 to Meditation as priority one.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Firstly, you decide to "meditate" to see if that regains Creativity. [7-5][-4 Creativity, +1 Confusion] You have no idea what's going on. What are you doing here? What IS here? What's the point of everything? You're not sure if you'll get enough food; what would be lost by just jumping into the Void? You decide not to go that far, but this kind of thought process drains you of your desire and ability to create and replaces it with confusion.

...It's sad.

Next, you decide that you're tired of wandering around, across floors that are often silver or covered with vomit, with no shirt or socks or shoes. First, you wipe your feet off in the Hell area. Then, you make some nice socks, a pair of shoes, and a shirt.
[22,28;12,25;6,21] You make a pair of truly excellent wool socks, two nice shoes, and a pretty good sweater. You haven't felt particularly cold anywhere, but Hell is a bit warm, and who knows where you could go? Therefore, you decide to make the sweater thermoregulating. [27] The sweater turns a weird mix of purple, blue, and red, switching more to blue when you enter Hell. you feel drained now. Time to eat and heal, I guess. [+1 Nutrition, +2 Sugar] You feel a bit...energized. You rest to heal yourself, and feel slightly better but rather hungry.

Next, to fix this place up a little.

-----
   |
H++|
   |
U++|
   |+++|

-----I--------
|+++++|++++++|
|+++¹+|++++++|
|++++
^|+++++~|
|+++++|-
I-----
|+@+++|+++|/.▼---\
|
?@n++I+++#
ϟϟϟϟϟϟϟ|
----I-|+++|\-▲---/
     --I---
     <++x\
    |
+++|
    |++
++|   

|+++   

\+++/   
      ---

Um...that knife looks angry.

Spoiler: Persana (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Figura (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Curio (Pet) (click to show/hide)

Oh, my! What could this be?
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28