Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35

Author Topic: Net Gain: Corporate Espionage in 2043. Development probably abandoned.  (Read 62052 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Net Gain: Corporate Espionage in 2043. AKA The Mr. Johnson Sim
« Reply #255 on: June 09, 2013, 06:27:19 pm »

Uplink was full of boxes, and look how far that got. :)

The prototype likely coming out on my birthday makes me wish I'd had more money earlier though :-\
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

sparkbolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Creator of Net Gain
    • View Profile
    • Level Zero Games
« Reply #256 on: June 10, 2013, 04:47:23 pm »

Your birthday!? Send me an email, we'll work somethin' out. :)
Net Gain: Corporate Espionage.
Cyberpunk Espionage Strategy by Level Zero Games!

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 10, 2013, 05:54:02 pm »

Sparkbolt, just be honest with your community. Most of us will support you through anything as long as you are honest and don't disappear for long periods of time.

Edit: I backed at the Persona level and have never lost faith.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 10, 2013, 06:56:21 pm »

Mah birthday too! And me too never lost faith, in fact... unless you disapear for months... and even then, i dont think i will because you are quite advance in your game and i know its something you care about.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 10, 2013, 07:05:15 pm »

Where's this whole faith thing coming from?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 10, 2013, 07:10:18 pm »

Where's this whole faith thing coming from?

With most games they don't announce anything until they are mostly done with the game and even then they just do teasers if they want to announce things really early.

With Kickstarters people are 100 times more impatient. If you go away for a month because you are intensely working on the game people will suddenly start raving and throwing chairs around.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 10, 2013, 07:12:02 pm »

I meant this thread specifically. I don't think anyone has said anything about losing faith in the game as a product.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 10, 2013, 07:19:01 pm »

I meant this thread specifically. I don't think anyone has said anything about losing faith in the game as a product.
No idea, either. Im that bizarre today...
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 10, 2013, 11:34:38 pm »

Eh, just implying I guess.

Do you plan on sending a batch email to Paypal people also when you finally release and stuff?  How bout the reward levels/information for em?

That was basically my question from way back when.  (I tend to be a fire and forget till it gets done person.)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

BlindKitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 13, 2013, 01:49:07 am »

Don't know if everybody is using Twitter, so I just wanted to make it known here, as I find it pretty revolutionary: sparkbolt has found a second programmer to work on Net Gain! :) However, to cite him: "It'll mean less in the short term while we get on the same page, but more in the long term and faster updates with double the manpower!". But oh well, it is like with all investments, isn't it? You invest now, to get more later. ;)
I'm just glad there are more cyberpunk - loving programmers out there. :)
My little roguelike craft-centered game thread. Check it out.

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 13, 2013, 06:59:57 am »

"It'll mean less in the short term while we get on the same page, but more in the long term and faster updates with double the manpower!"

I know how that is.  My company hired a second .NET developer to tackle this "oh, it needs to be built in a week" project.  Nothing difficult, just sheer volume.  Took a day or two to get the guy up to speed with how we operated and such.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 13, 2013, 10:36:00 am »

It's minor news, but good news. Having a grunt programmer frees him to work on other things, like getting the prototype as shiny as possible.

sparkbolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Creator of Net Gain
    • View Profile
    • Level Zero Games
« Reply #267 on: June 13, 2013, 02:40:50 pm »

Heheh, yeah no faith required. I'll always be keeping people informed about what I'm up to, and I'll adjust the method in which I do that until (most) people are happy. I'm fully aware of the power and benefits of forthrightness and honesty... not just in work but in life at large! It can often be really shitty, but it also steers you away from the worst things in life that arise from deception and bullshit.

Er, anyway.

Everyone is getting a message when something important happens. paypal, kickstarter, fb, twitter, newsletter, etc... whatever channel people are listening to, they'll hear the announcement.

Yeah the second programmer is:
1. not a sure thing yet. I still need to vet his work ethic and quality. I've got good hopes (hence willing to pony up to get a new desktop built so soon), but we'll see how it plays out. It's also only full time for 3 months at which point he goes back to school and I'm not sure what we'll do then, either part time or none. Also his goal is to end up at a bigger development house, so this may be more of a stepping stone unless he really gets into the project.
2. not doing much for the prototype, given the deadline. Aside from eating up some of my time this month to set him up and get him rolling. But it should mean more growth over the next 3 months than I'd be able to do on my own.

sparkbolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Creator of Net Gain
    • View Profile
    • Level Zero Games
« Reply #268 on: June 23, 2013, 09:33:03 pm »

Got some new pictures up on the ol FB. Actually pretty happy with today's progress! I'm finally starting to see glimpses of that game I was trying to build, shining through the awkward and unfinished scaffolding. :D

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 23, 2013, 10:06:32 pm »

This sounds cool, maybe I shoulda backed it :P

Also, if you're torn between adding raw content and making something presentable, you could just take an hour or two to photoshop a an example of what you want the interface to look like for presentation purposes.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35