Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35

Author Topic: Net Gain: Corporate Espionage in 2043. Development probably abandoned.  (Read 62039 times)

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Net Gain: Corporate Espionage in 2043. AKA The Mr. Johnson Sim
« Reply #195 on: April 01, 2013, 04:05:40 pm »

Was hoping for a day or so when I got back, but PayPal!
Thoughts? http://level-zero-games-store.myshopify.com/collections/all

Also, yes, perfect damn storm for the upswing! RPS + Coming out of the lull + GDC = huge spike = even higher ratings on KS and KickTraq and publicity. IU expected a bump, not expecting 9.5k!

Link says the store isn't ready? Looking forward to when paypal is ready!

sparkbolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Creator of Net Gain
    • View Profile
    • Level Zero Games
« Reply #196 on: April 01, 2013, 04:47:00 pm »

So the store turned out to be an awful waste of time. It's super awkward and ended up being easier for everybody to ust make a nunch of donate buttons!
What do you guys this of this? (http://www.levelzerogames.com/blog/paypal-bonus-round/)
Was going to link it to the KS shortly, but hoping that the DNS for store.levelzerogames.com propagates before I put it up so I can just link that.
Net Gain: Corporate Espionage.
Cyberpunk Espionage Strategy by Level Zero Games!

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 01, 2013, 05:03:12 pm »

Looks spartan, but definitely clear. Well some of the rewards are confusing (company vs. corporation) but a quick visit to the KS page can clear everything up.

$30 dollars donated! GL with development.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 03, 2013, 12:14:25 pm »

hey spark so whats next on the agenda ? and how long will the playpal stuff be up for ? i would really like to increase my pledge for a final $100 but will have to do it at the end of the month :P

also is game play in the works ? so we can get a look at it soon ?

With all the user created stuff will we be given the means to create that rather soon ? it would make sense to incorporate all the user created stuff ( which only relies on the user creating it with no further input like the VIP or persona ) and let us do the brunt work of creating operatives and stuff for prototype ?

Really cant wait for this game its the only thing i want to play right now.
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

sparkbolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Creator of Net Gain
    • View Profile
    • Level Zero Games
« Reply #199 on: April 03, 2013, 02:58:41 pm »

new Kickstarter update.
Paypal is only up for a week! gameplay has always been in the works(?), I'm still not sure when the full playable will be ready to show. I'm still dealing with post-gdc business before I can go back to developing. User created stuff is AFTER the prototype. It's important to give people an idea for tone and setting before submitting content, since content needs to fit said setting. As for the simpler stuff, the procedural generators fill that up for now.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 03, 2013, 03:04:24 pm »

I enjoyed that Kickstarter update. I'm sure there's a lot of chaff you have to get through, but it's good seeing others engage you about your game.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 03:09:04 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 03, 2013, 03:19:14 pm »

Sorry I meant gameplay as in something we can see were you still planing on releasing a video anytime soon ?

Hmm would I still be able to up my pledge one final time when I can then spark if could just do a one off thing ?

That seems cool, I can see where it makes sense on knowing the setting before letting users create stuff :P

sparkbolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Creator of Net Gain
    • View Profile
    • Level Zero Games
« Reply #202 on: April 03, 2013, 11:04:51 pm »

Gameplay video, I can't promise any sooner than the end of the month, but hopefully soonert than that. Ideally I'd like to get the prebuilt city in for that as well but its a surprising amount of work for such a trivial "show" effect.

We can work out a one-time thing ;) Send me a message on KS so i can keep track of it and let me know when you want to up.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 04, 2013, 06:39:40 am »

People's ignorance to read or do proper research is really annoying and just some people...

These are  quotes from the greenlight

Hunter_Drone 6 hours ago
good cutscenes aren't enough to save a bad game. and if the video and screenshots are anything to go by, this is a bad game.

Mogg 19 hours ago
You used real actors for your game? Hope they are good. Also I am a little bummed the game doesnt play as I see those actors do their thing. So, no thankyou.

I shake my head in disgust.

Spark when you manage to get some real game screen shots up it might be worth putting them in. Also maybe alter the video seeing as though people can't read or listen properly enough to know that parts of the video are just flashy trailer stuff.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 06:46:48 am by ScriptWolf »

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 04, 2013, 02:25:56 pm »

People's ignorance to read or do proper research is really annoying and just some people...

These are  quotes from the greenlight

Hunter_Drone 6 hours ago
good cutscenes aren't enough to save a bad game. and if the video and screenshots are anything to go by, this is a bad game.

Mogg 19 hours ago
You used real actors for your game? Hope they are good. Also I am a little bummed the game doesnt play as I see those actors do their thing. So, no thankyou.

I shake my head in disgust.

Spark when you manage to get some real game screen shots up it might be worth putting them in. Also maybe alter the video seeing as though people can't read or listen properly enough to know that parts of the video are just flashy trailer stuff.

There are a few more like that, too. It's a sad reflection on the world when people can't work out what's just some padding for an announcement video and what's gameplay.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 04, 2013, 03:53:06 pm »

There are a few more like that, too. It's a sad reflection on the world when people can't work out what's just some padding for an announcement video and what's gameplay.

Saw some similar comments on a character reference sheet, where the character's tail was cut off (baring muscle and bone) to not obscure things and someone thought it was a gaping orifice. :\
(link, if anyone cares)

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 04, 2013, 04:09:32 pm »

Backed (via Paypal) - because who doesn't want to be a manipulative, cold-hearted bastard sending agents to their highly-likely-but-not-entirely-inevitable-doom?  :P
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 04, 2013, 05:25:43 pm »

Saw some similar comments on a character reference sheet, where the character's tail was cut off (baring muscle and bone) to not obscure things and someone thought it was a gaping orifice. :\
(link, if anyone cares)

I can, sort of, see how they could figure that was an anus to be fair! I did have a small childish giggle when I first saw it, though it's awesome work!

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 04, 2013, 10:32:13 pm »

(link, if anyone cares)

I can, sort of, see how they could figure that was an anus to be fair! I did have a small childish giggle when I first saw it, though it's awesome work!

I mean, I can too, but it's pretty obvious what it's supposed to be.
And yeah, Melinae Ratel is a pretty good artist.  Maybe not the best one of the people I watch, but certainly up there.  He draws a lot of cute stuff, managing to do a lot with very little.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 05, 2013, 06:04:07 am »

*superman shunts topic back onto the rails*

Spark out of interest will assets do more than just +1 rifle skill and help with doing missions ? It would be cool if when you got access to certain assets the would unlock more stuff or even advance technology as a whole in the game.

Example : DeepCell - a computer virus asset - once gained you have the power to completely crash the stock market for everything - you will need to use several operatives break into the main servers and unleash this virus to bring everyone back on the same playing field - this asset when used will push all current assets into negative values, all corporations will lose all of their power which was built up and most of their cash causing every corporation to have to start again.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35