Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35

Author Topic: Net Gain: Corporate Espionage in 2043. Development probably abandoned.  (Read 61988 times)

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
Re: Net Gain - Futuristic Corporate Espionage Sim on Kickstarter - Funded!
« Reply #135 on: March 20, 2013, 02:05:17 pm »

yeah i really want this game so badly, i wish i had money i would put $500 on it in a heart beat.

Spark whats the GUI looking like and please could bay12 your faithful minions have a sneaky peak at it ?

i do like the small updates as well the music is really good! but dont forget to do bigger updates. also as a request for the next update could we have more indepth information on our operatives please
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 20, 2013, 02:06:40 pm »

If I had the money, I'd have whacked the highest possible backer amount on it - to be honest, there are one or two Kickstarters that I'd do that for at the moment...maybe I'll win the lottery one day...

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 20, 2013, 02:10:44 pm »

If I had the money, I'd have whacked the highest possible backer amount on it - to be honest, there are one or two Kickstarters that I'd do that for at the moment...maybe I'll win the lottery one day...

better chance with a scratch card mate haha :P

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 20, 2013, 02:13:23 pm »

There's more chance of a Leprechaun wearing a Borat mankini riding to my door on the back of a green unicorn wielding a phaser from Star Trek The Next Generation, and handing me a bazillion dollars.

sparkbolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Creator of Net Gain
    • View Profile
    • Level Zero Games
« Reply #139 on: March 20, 2013, 11:10:53 pm »

Urist the Operator. References a confusing menagerie of animals in everyday conversation. Maybe if we get #TheFeed stretch goal, we can make that a reality!

I'm glad you like the music, Richie is a really cool guy to work with!

the GUI looks a lot like the ones in the video, though right now it's mainly labels and buttons, as I add more fancy bits as the prototype evolves.

I'm not quite sure what else to say about the operatives, the existing update is pretty comprehensive! I'm about to go to GDC, so hopefully we can have some fun live updates down there.

I've watched Burn Notice since day one! I love the show and drawl tons of inspiration from it! You'll find if it's a show about espionage, I've probably pored over it for every delicious detail. But do keep recommending them! It's easy to miss out on something when there's so much to draw from.

honestly I'm hoping to push all of this on to steam, so I can focus on development, not deployment.
Net Gain: Corporate Espionage.
Cyberpunk Espionage Strategy by Level Zero Games!

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 22, 2013, 01:18:04 pm »

Burn Notice is great, but my fav series of all time is still The Sandbaggers from bbc - one of the few series where the focus is more the managers directing operations and bureaucratic infighting instead of some flashy mug doing nothing but fistfights and car chases.  Well and the old Danger Man and Avengers, but those more for the great actors and "coolness" than any deep brilliant story.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sandbaggers (be REALLY careful reading that if you ever intend to see it, anything much after the "plot" paragraphs is laced with spoilers)

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 22, 2013, 01:52:23 pm »

Don't forget the Sky comedy series 'Spy' (very funny!).

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 23, 2013, 03:13:39 pm »

Achievement Unlocked: Makin' War from the Penthouse.

Still got a week left, maybe we can squeeze another couple grand in there.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 03:41:53 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just can't tell you how much I want to play this game right now.  :'(

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This game is going to be so amazing with all the war room features ! Hopefully we can get enough to fit in the feed goal as well and bring more life to our ops

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This game is going to be so amazing with all the war room features ! Hopefully we can get enough to fit in the feed goal as well and bring more life to our ops

What is the stretch goal for the feed?
Only a simple mind can be certain.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What is the stretch goal for the feed?

$32,000

#TheFeed is all about giving the operatives more character and life! At the core, it's about adding a Feed to the operatives where they'll post little updates about the things they see or do, or thoughts on recent events, or the world at large. Beyond that, it's about giving them a voice everywhere: seeing them have quick exchanges of dialogue during a mission, having them occasionally talk to you directly, making them more alive and responsive and... well, chatty.

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm skeptical it will make that goal, another £7k in 7 days is a huge ask. The game just isn't getting the publicity it deserves.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Along that line of thinking....

Shadowrun Returns was the first Kickstarter I backed, and one thing that ultimately motivated me to back this image.

Now, it's a bit too late for that to have a real impact on your funding. That said, with how feature and mechanics rich Net Gain is shaping up to be, what I feel like it really lacks at this point is a good sense of your development road map.

I think it'd be worth it as a gesture to your backers if you made a graphic that roughly lays out the features between the prototype, 1.0 and beyond. Reducing things like operative loyalty links, ect... into bullet points you can put in each group. I can kinda already see it in my head. And if you manage to get it done soon enough, really detailing the features in an easy, visual fashion might snare you a few more backers.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 04:04:53 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not a terrible shout, it wouldn't hurt to go on a bit of a PR 'begging' drive at the big online mags.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35