Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 35

Author Topic: Net Gain: Corporate Espionage in 2043. Development probably abandoned.  (Read 61990 times)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

>>Calling /v/ "Reddit"
Sure that's a faster way to earn their ire ;)

Blerg.  I don't use either one.  Sue me. :P

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am confused as to how the next stretch goal works (ignoring that there is little chance it will hit that stretchy goal)

I understand the aspect that it will be a portable function for agents. That much is clear.

But can you import them? is this a game that is on all the time? You said that these features will be in the base game but does that mean that you are adding features to the base game or exporting features to a free game?

Confused am I...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

>>Calling /v/ "Reddit"
Sure that's a faster way to earn their ire ;)

Blerg.  I don't use either one.  Sue me. :P
Theres also /vg/, which is like /v/ but with less threads and more pastebin-augmented megathreads full of stuff/crap/anons.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

sparkbolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Creator of Net Gain
    • View Profile
    • Level Zero Games

Yeah, my concern over the list may be a bit too cautionary. Development will be similar in style to DF, but I'm worried a lot of people arent familiar with that style so I'll have to make sure people know exactly WHAT such a list means, that it's not a list of confirmed features, that it will grow and change as time goes, some things might get changed or removed, etc.

Oh, and I saw your post on Tripwire. Thanks for the effort, though the forum looks kinda dead! :)

scriptwolf: Well, still not for awhile! I will try to get at least rudimentary gameplay videos up as soon as the basic gameplay "loop" is done, which'll be before june.

Neon: Mobile Ops is at the heart of it, about making your operatives in the core game more autonomous. Read the description here! the mobile phone portion is a combination of 1. canon generators and 2. a "tamagotchi" style game made out of the broker/operative interactions in the core game.

But can you import them?
You can import them to your core game, yes.
Is this a game that is on all the time?
Nope. it runs while you run it, and you can speed up time in the game.
You said that these features will be in the base game but does that mean that you are adding features to the base game or exporting features to a free game?
Both, basically. The stretch goal both adds these features to the core game and ports them to a phone game.

Any more questions? I'll be glad to clarify!
Net Gain: Corporate Espionage.
Cyberpunk Espionage Strategy by Level Zero Games!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

More questions? hmmm

Can you actually run the Mobile ops solo on your computer using the more advanced game outside of the main game mod? My assumption is no.

Ohh here is one. Since you can import agents back and forth. Can your agents die, get injures, or labotomised during Mobile ops?

sparkbolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Creator of Net Gain
    • View Profile
    • Level Zero Games

Well ALL the elements of the mobile game are IN the core game, and hooked into all the other goodies like events and the economy and missions, etc. The mobile version is basically the operative/broker interaction stuff and the operative autonomy stuff, but that's it. technically I *could* make it availableon PC as a standalone, and I might as a sort-of-demo, but I dont think it'll have much appeal in that format.

well it'll probably start as only one-way importing to the core game of the base creation, but once it's got some legs you'll be able to copy your creations from core <-> mobile. But they are just copies in separate worlds.
It'd be cool to link the worlds, but I don't think that'll be entirely feasible since the mobile game won't include the economy or missions that change the world.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well the mobile ops obviously takes place in an entirely different city/country/world so the mobile obviously wouldn't include the economy or important missions.

Can missions be ones to send your opperatives to fancy meals to make them happy? Actually can "undercover" missions just to shmooze or date the opponent?

Wait maybe that is too far to be asking >_<
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 12:10:09 am by Neonivek »

sparkbolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Creator of Net Gain
    • View Profile
    • Level Zero Games

Yes! Your interactions with the operatives in Mobile Ops are expanded into more loyalty-effect options such as company retreats or etc, and the operatives will do many things on their own such as see any people they have a loyalty to... and those people might be enemies.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes! Your interactions with the operatives in Mobile Ops are expanded into more loyalty-effect options such as company retreats or etc, and the operatives will do many things on their own such as see any people they have a loyalty to... and those people might be enemies.

Why do I feel like this section of the game should sometimes be gloriously mundane. Like you get a call that they are out of finger sandwiches and you can decide to order sushi instead, or suddenly everyone decides that Paintball is a great ice breaker.

Like everything is big and epic, but corperate retreats are still corperate retreats.

sparkbolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Creator of Net Gain
    • View Profile
    • Level Zero Games

Heheh, yes the mundane is actually an important narrative element, to get that feel of "office life"... but given the other *critical* events, it's important to not clog up that channel. Side Jobs will be a good way to get into more of the small details of an operative's life, and I might end up making "event chains" for the corporate retreat thing, where you get a set of 3-5 events that you decide in a row, grouping all the mundane things into one content-worthy clump!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Oh, and I saw your post on Tripwire. Thanks for the effort, though the forum looks kinda dead! :)

Yeah, I kinda knew it wouldn't get much play there (that forum is mostly devoted to highly accurate WWII rivet counting simulations anyways), but it was honestly more for the handful of people on that board that might like it, than the project itself. Hope it got you a few dollars.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 09:30:09 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't forget to come and get involved on the forums - not a huge amount of activity at the moment, so come and get chatting about all things Net Gain, Cyberpunk and Corporate Espionage!

http://forum.levelzerogames.com/index.php

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's now a Steam Greenlight up for voting:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=133833471

:D

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

RPS did their last article.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/03/28/trawling-the-money-sea-net-gains-final-hours/#more-147708

I'd say having two stand alone articles totally makes up for not being on the Kickstarter roundup. Hopefully Net Gain gets the 48 hour bump.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think it may just be a little too late now, but I'm always optimistic! :D
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 35