Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

STO: Good game or not?

Yes
No
Other

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26

Author Topic: Star Trek Discussion Thread  (Read 29548 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well admittingly the OP did just go "No outside discussion for anyone or else I'll call in the Toady!" indirrectly.

So I guess that is his answer. Now unless there is a Borg shape of a Ferengi discussion >_>

trekkie5249

• Bay Watcher
  • Phaser Rifleman
    • View Profile

Well admittingly the OP did just go "No outside discussion for anyone or else I'll call in the Toady!" indirrectly.

So I guess that is his answer. Now unless there is a Borg shape of a Ferengi discussion >_>

That's not what I meant, I'm sorry if you thought so. It seems people are getting bored of the current topic, should I change it?
The only problem with The Next Generation was Wesley never had a terrible airlock or engineering bay related accident that left just slush.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It is fine as a thing we can default to. Its major issue as a topic is mostly that many diehard fans arn't even all that aware of the many models of the ships or only chose their favorites from "Federation ship", "The Defiant", and "Other aliens ship"

I mean I once played a Startrek game and as the Federation often the only way to tell the ships appart was by their size (The Ferengi were absolutely annoying in that game)

trekkie5249

• Bay Watcher
  • Phaser Rifleman
    • View Profile

There are plenty of design differences
For Example:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Olympic Class
and
Steamrunner Class
and
My last example:
The Cheyenne Class

See? Plenty of differences.
The only problem with The Next Generation was Wesley never had a terrible airlock or engineering bay related accident that left just slush.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

You don't really need to set topics for threads like this. They tend to meander on their own to new areas. Though of course polls relevant to the question of the moment can be interesting.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile

I've never really had much trouble telling Federation ships apart.  The position of the engines (and the colors) is often a dead give away, same with the shape of the saucer.  Unless the game you played was into kit-bashing really hardcore.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've never really had much trouble telling Federation ships apart.  The position of the engines (and the colors) is often a dead give away, same with the shape of the saucer.  Unless the game you played was into kit-bashing really hardcore.

Yeah but it always looks entirely random to me and not there for any particular reason. So the different shapes just looks more like noise.

"Ohh uhhh... How about three Warp Nisels. Yes! perfect!"

trekkie5249

• Bay Watcher
  • Phaser Rifleman
    • View Profile

Yeah but it always looks entirely random to me and not there for any particular reason. So the different shapes just looks more like noise.

"Ohh uhhh... How about three Warp Nisels. Yes! perfect!"

It's nacelles.

You don't really need to set topics for threads like this. They tend to meander on their own to new areas. Though of course polls relevant to the question of the moment can be interesting.

So, should I let the thread take it's own course, but keep polls?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Should do whatever you feel like :P

Boss Toad doesn't usually come down unless there's complaints and minor derailment or topic meandering doesn't tend to generate them down here, so you don't have to worry much about that.

As for spaceships... I've never really been particularly enamored to star trek designs, I think. It's either a case of not enough spikes or them all looking... I'unno, flimsy. Even the big ones just feel really small or somethin'. Borg stuff is about the only things that look solid that I can recall and they're kinda' prickly, just a little boring. Gimme an SDF or a dropship or something, I guess.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

After watching "The Maquis" two-parter in DS9, I am really, really pissed at the producers.  I do not sympathize with the Maquis idiots, and no, I do not like the cynical speech spouted from Sisko (that felt extremely forced by the producer); it's a betrayal of Star Trek principals.  The point of Star Trek is to show an optimistic future, to be something for us to aspire to be, if I wanted cynical media I'd watch something else.  There are a few episodes in DS9 that do that, and they're probably the worst of the series.  They're perfectly fine science fiction episodes, yes, but they simply are not Star Trek.

In short, DS9 is a great science fiction series; a mediocre Star Trek series. (Yet still miles ahead of Enterprise & Voyager in quality.)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

I've now finished Season 1 of TNG. I can start watching the good shit now. And no more beardless Riker.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've now finished Season 1 of TNG. I can start watching the good shit now. And no more beardless Riker.

I think the problem with Beardless Riker is that he is a rogue but lacks the competency and heir required of a second in command.

While with the beard it allows Riker to be the "guy who doesn't play by the rules" while at the same time being the one who "Knows the rules" making it seem more like when he doesn't follow the rules it is because he knows that the situation calls for something different.

Beardless Riker was meant to be Kirk and frankly, it kinda shows that Kirk REALLY doesn't work as a side character.

Then again Beardless Riker is a LOT more Hammy then Kirk. I mean we know that Kirk likes to manipulate women but he was at least classy. Beardless Riker seduces women like he is one step away from a restraining order.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

I have a feeling that no one here remembers/likes Dr.Katherine Pulaski :P

I mean, she was quite good, I actually liked her more than Beverly. Sadly she only had one season in TNG.

Why did Beverly's actress didn't go with Season 2, though?
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ohh no don't get me wrong I REALLY liked Dr. Katherine Pulaski and she brought to the doctor role what NO other doctor since then has

In fact she is kinda what I picture a doctor of her skill and ability to act and her non-whiney professionalism added a lot of weight to her words.

If they kept Dr. Krusher and Dr. Pulaski I wouldn't complain since they both play entirely different doctor characters.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

I dislike Pulaski. She replaces Tasha in the "ask dumb questions so we can explain what's going on to the audience" role, which I always feel is a poor way to explain things.

And she says all this dumb shit about Data long after questioning Data's sentience got old.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26