Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: ArmA 3  (Read 20304 times)

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
Re: ArmA 3 Alpha
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2013, 09:37:48 am »

Oh god I can't stop laughing
I just watched that about 10 times xD
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2013, 09:53:21 am »

Artillery 101: Keep yourself stuck to the ground in some way.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2013, 10:21:24 am »

This reminds me of my time in the Army. Once or twice a year, some new soldier in the Mortar section would get hurt because he put the baseplate on top of his boot in a hurry before trying to "bed it in". In a rush mortar teams won't take the time to dig a bed for the mortar and instead will fire 1-3 rounds to allow the recoil to "bed it in" for them. This risky/reckless behavior has a propensity for silly injuries like broken feet, rocks to the groin, etc.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2013, 01:56:58 pm »

why nobody likes the in game audio system?
teamspeak makes me sad/mad

Voice over net gets really static-y and confusing after a while, in addition TS is used for everything else so why not use it? Its a little better now in A3, but still.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2013, 02:39:14 pm »

Because you need ts to use ACRE.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2013, 03:41:01 pm »

I'm sad now, because I was planning on getting the alpha, but I'm exactly $6.89 short of online-usable funds. Time to see if I can figure something out.

e. Okay, listed all my vintage TF2 crap on the market. Hopefully that'll pull in enough. :x
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 03:53:58 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2013, 07:10:15 pm »

VON probably has to go through the server, which already has a hard enough time computing and taking care of all the other physics and communications required. Less stuff on the same computer = better performance... especially if they can be that easily separated without having to synchronise (which you don't, in this case).

Also, better quality + ACRE <3

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2013, 07:22:32 pm »

Oh god I can't stop laughing
I just watched that about 10 times xD
Our tax dollars hard at work.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2013, 07:49:07 pm »

I'd just like to say that Gamerboy4life is awesome. Thanks much, dude.  :D

Downloading now. Hopefully I'll have a chance to jump in tonight.

Initial impression: Looks good, runs fairly smoothly for an alpha build. Lots of fun, and lots of teamkilling.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 10:34:16 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2013, 12:31:28 am »

Any recommended single player missions for Arma 2?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2013, 12:53:03 am »

this is the A3 alpha thread still I think, you sohuld probably use the other Arma thread!

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2013, 02:19:16 am »

I'd just like to say that Gamerboy4life is awesome. Thanks much, dude.  :D

Downloading now. Hopefully I'll have a chance to jump in tonight.

Initial impression: Looks good, runs fairly smoothly for an alpha build. Lots of fun, and lots of teamkilling.

Nice to know you're having fun.

I saw you on a wasteland server briefly, but then my ARMA crashed.
God, ARMA 3 runs like shit on my computer. I need to get my old PC running again, for some reason she ran ARMA 2 like a charm, despite being 7-5~ years old.

But yeah, the teamkilling is annoying. I went on a deathmatch server, and no joke, Opfor was being MASSACRED in their spawnpoint by a couple of other Opfor with LMGs and Sniper rifles. Blufor was nowhere to be seen also. Probably laughing.
I need to put something interesting here.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2013, 02:42:31 am »

If theres one gamemode id like to see its domination but in one city, especially with the more detailed/numerous A3 interiors. Id like to see some relatively sophisticated/aggressive ai in this proverbial gamemode, a tug of war between important areas in the city.

Speaking of AI, they seem to still be pretty stupid in general, but in some custom co-ops they actually behave alot more fluidly and smartly now, for example got the drop on a squad as they were checking out an alley, shot one and the rest dove into the nearest cover or ran into the alley way. Also stumbled around a corner and discovered an enemy squad stacked on the corner ready to move out.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2013, 05:21:33 am »

arma ha one of the best AI of any game ever.

it is easy to compare it to battlefield or killzone but then again in those games you always come from the same direction, the map are so small that the cover and movement can be scripted into the environment and you rarely drop an enemy in just one bullet to the torso leaving agents a lot more leeway when moving out or making decisions. Also arma AI must respond to threats from a couple km of distance, while those game engagement rarely exceed 100mt.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2013, 09:20:15 am »

If theres one gamemode id like to see its domination but in one city, especially with the more detailed/numerous A3 interiors. Id like to see some relatively sophisticated/aggressive ai in this proverbial gamemode, a tug of war between important areas in the city.
I remember Evolution in ARMA 1, the predecessor to Domination. You spawned near the Paraiso airfield and you had to clear out all the towns on Sahrani. The closest town was, naturally, Paraiso, so as soon as the game started Paraiso became a war zone for 30 minutes to an hour straight thanks to its size and number of enemies (and lack of player coordination to an extent =p )

I can imagine doing that but being able to go into all of those apartments and shops and that building up on the hill, that would be pretty damn amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsS5sD1nt8E
In the video you can get an idea of what the town looks like, imagine fighting in that with enterable buildings.

I can't wait to see what kinds of towns/cities there are on the main ARMA 3 island (which I forget the name of >_> ) though I do only get about 20-25 FPS in the main one in Stratis...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13