Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Vermin civilizations!  (Read 2563 times)

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
Re: Vermin civilizations!
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2013, 08:58:30 pm »

look at the OP.  it's obviously a joke suggestion.  i can't believe people are taking it seriously
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2013, 06:57:26 am »

If you don't take every suggestion seriously how will you not see the gems in the dolomite?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2013, 07:37:33 am »

I can see Lilliputians sieging... they'd be a tidal wave of bodies, scaling your dwarves and tearing them apart like miniscule piranha.

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2013, 09:18:48 am »

if this is a gem, it's one of the ones worth 5 bucks
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2013, 10:15:30 am »

if this is a gem, it's one of the ones worth 5 bucks
A schist cabochon is still better than none!

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2013, 10:40:34 am »

i guess you're right there.

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2013, 04:55:33 pm »

Ya know, fairies are classed as vermin in DF already, so...

Robosaur

• Bay Watcher
  • [POOP:INORGANIC: NUCLEAR_BOMBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2013, 04:09:14 pm »

look at the OP.  it's obviously a joke suggestion.  i can't believe people are taking it seriously

can I be the one to break this to him?

I'm absolutely serious. I'm just not good at exhibiting it.
You are a terrible person and the sad truth is deep down you know it.

Revanchist

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you for helping us help you help us all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2013, 03:14:15 pm »

If you are serious, could you give us any benefits pertaining to vermin (whatever you want to classify that as) civilizations?
Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds."

People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy.

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2013, 06:49:58 pm »

"[POOP:INORGANIC:NUCLEAR_BOMBS]"

you're serious?

Revanchist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2013, 09:15:54 pm »

I am. I don't know about the rest of us, but I would guess that some are.
Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds."

People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2013, 11:33:15 pm »

ant hill in-depth simulation toggle...

either one of the stupidest idea ever, or one of the brilliant ones.  I fear that toady would wind up wasting a lot of time if he took it TOO seriously, but I imagine that going crazy and swarming a demon with 10billion ants(represented as about 50 groups of ants though) would be kinda epic. 
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2013, 06:40:19 am »

"[POOP:INORGANIC:NUCLEAR_BOMBS]"

you're serious?
What you don't poop nuclear bombs?

Revanchist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2013, 08:38:04 pm »

I'll admit that an army of ants would be epic. It would serve those badgers right.

On the other hand, megacolonies of lilliputians would probably not show up except in mods. and Toady has claimed he doesn't think they should be the focus. I would assume, then, that this idea might not be considered by Him, unless there was proof it could benefit the vanilla game.

Robosaur

• Bay Watcher
  • [POOP:INORGANIC: NUCLEAR_BOMBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2013, 12:38:13 pm »

I can tell you how it'd improve the game:

Your fort is attacked by a lilliputian necromancer.
He's hiding in your food stockpile raising an army. He's not interested in you though, he's going to march back to his home town on an army of reanimated goblin fingers and wage an undying siege.
You are a terrible person and the sad truth is deep down you know it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3