Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Madoka RTD Pregame RP Round 5: The Hunt  (Read 33061 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Madoka RTD Pregame RP Round 5: The Hunt
« Reply #105 on: March 18, 2013, 08:30:42 pm »

Hm...Two questions.

1. Do I have any spells left to assign? I'm pretty sure I do.
2. What are the limits of spells I can give myself?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 18, 2013, 09:06:06 pm »

1. Do I have any spells left to assign? I'm pretty sure I do.
2. What are the limits of spells I can give myself?

1. Yes, you have three.
2. The sky is your limit! Just try to stick to a theme or two (example: Mami would be muskets and ribbons), and be warned that anything too crazy could be difficult to cast.

I'll tell you if there's anything I won't accept, but I can't really think of any categories I'd reject. Except maybe obviously overpowered stuff (I instakill the witch!) or anything that attempts to bypass some of the game's restrictions (like a spell that generates SP, since the only way you can regain SP can be defeating witches).

You can just give me a visual description of the spell or a more detailed summary of its effects, although it shouldn't be too complicated. And if you don't like the effect I come up with, feel free to tell me and I'll switch it to something you like better.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 18, 2013, 09:11:38 pm »

How about a spell that lets me turn into an insect or insects?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 18, 2013, 09:22:38 pm »

I don't think that's ever done in any of the Madoka stuff, but I don't see why not. The body is just a tool, as they say.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 18, 2013, 09:26:07 pm »

Cool, I'll go with that. Call it Entomorph.

Also, use entomorph to become a single fly and enter the theater.
Sig

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 19, 2013, 02:41:13 am »

((This is a theater with a bunch of people in it. A powerful witch is about to appear. And this is an RTD. I've got a feeling that collateral damage may be quite high.))
This seems a bit off... why are all of them acting so oddly? It's kinda creepy. Wait, I used to act like that! And now I'm pretty much insulting myself >.<
Why did I follow them anyway? I don't even know what film I bought tickets for >.< I really need to start paying more attention. Or get more sleep. Or both, preferably not at the same time.

Alice enters the cinema and tries to keep her distance away from the people she followed. She also tries to pay more attention to her surroundings so that she won't accidentally buy a yacht or something.
((I'm definitely going to make Alice consider the possibility of the witch being a drug hallucination induced by a spiked drink.))
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 02:51:52 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 19, 2013, 03:11:23 am »

Oh dear, looks like I'll have to go inside. Alright then.

Diane adjusts her cap, hoping it conceals her head and face well enough, then heads inside the theater, carefully looking about for something amiss in a natural, inconspicuous manner. Or at least what she thinks is a natural, inconspicuous manner.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 19, 2013, 05:23:21 am »

I don't think that's ever done in any of the Madoka stuff, but I don't see why not. The body is just a tool, as they say.
Puella Magi Kazumi Magica had a couple of body transmutation style magical girls. In general the Wish strongly influences the aptitudes for certain types of magic but there's no hard and fast rule: Early Madoka's bow style had nothing to do with her Wish.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 19, 2013, 06:27:54 am »

((This is a theater with a bunch of people in it. A powerful witch is about to appear. And this is an RTD. I've got a feeling that collateral damage may be quite high.))
Well, duh. If the theater is still standing at the end of this, I'll be impressed.
Sig

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 20, 2013, 03:16:51 pm »

Well, duh. If the theater is still standing at the end of this, I'll be impressed.
Battles in Madoka (except the last boss) take place in Witch-space. The building itself will not be harmed. People who end up in Witch-space can becom collateral damage though.

Hmm actually, there was one glaring exclusion to the above: fights against magical girls did not take place in any special field and those could have collateral damage of the terrain.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 21, 2013, 02:42:02 am »

((I've got a feeling that with enough Catastrophic failures and Pyrrhic successes, we might accidentally find a way to still reduce the theater to a smoking crater.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 21, 2013, 03:03:07 am »

((And Diane's powers are based around smoke and fire, so...))

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 22, 2013, 11:56:10 pm »

((Somehow my post a while back didn't make it through, and I though it did.))

Willamina looks over her shoulder to make sure that nobody's looking, before walking down the hall and entering the third door to her right, practically dragging Elizibeth along by the arm behind her.

"Let's see, what options do we have... Ooh, I've heard this one's supposed to be really scary. I guess that's why it's rated R. Just wait until we get to see the looks on everyone's faces when we tell them that we went to see THIS!"
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 23, 2013, 01:26:55 pm »

Elizabeth giggles softly, "Oh yes, let's go into that one!"

((Didn't even miss a turn while I was away in collapsing-barn-land. :)) ))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 29, 2013, 11:32:28 pm »

So did you decide to drop this, penguin? Because I'll pull out the watery puppy eyes.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9