Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Protagonistium: A Case Study: Mission 1: Protagonists, Assemble!  (Read 6708 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Protagonistium: A Case Study: Mission 1: Insert your own waiting music
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2013, 12:11:39 am »

Wait, am I in the game yet, or just the waiting list, or not at all? I'm confused.
((Well, you weren't in, but I made a few turns for you, so you're in.))

"Right, right... So, what are you expecting with the Communist Protag? We kill 'em? Die trying to kill him? Give 'em a stern lecture on civility? Nah, probably not that last one if you're giving us guns. So... You thinking that if we make 'em go pop, more of that weird stuff will come out? You tryin' to make us protags or something?"
"Ah, yes, essentially. Eliminate the target, report what happens. A simple enough task."

As he finishes speaking, the elevator dings, and the doors slide open, revealing another hallway. You and your companions head down the hall, towards a metal door labeled armory by a tag beside it. Beyond it are row after row of weaponry racks, with everything from combat knives and assault rifles to longswords and longbows. An attendant walks up to your group with a clipboard slung under his shoulder. He looks up and down the group.
"So, what sort of weapon would you like?"

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2013, 05:01:59 am »

*wheeze* "A rifle works for me."

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2013, 08:51:10 am »

A combat knife and a SMG sounds fine to me.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2013, 12:43:55 pm »

"Hm... Give me a hammer and a shotgun. It'll do me fine." Alex said with a lackadaisical attitude about it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2013, 05:31:41 pm »

"I think I've seen this in a movie."

Look for the weapon with the fewest obvious gimmicks. Ideally a shield. Maybe a mace or something.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2013, 07:53:47 pm »

I'll take a stick.
Preferably a pointy one.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2013, 08:40:38 pm »

He hastily scribbles each of your requests onto the clipboard before turning around and vanishing into the rows of weapons. After a few dull moments of waiting, he returns with a cart that has your weapons stacked onto it.

"Now, I think this is what you wanted."
*wheeze* "A rifle works for me."
He hands you a standard M4 carbine, then points out the attached scope, silencer and forward grip.
"Alright, with this weapon, your shots will be as accurate as you can fire for about 1600 feet, because of the long barrel. But, because of its weight, you'll want to keep it up at head level most of the time. Protagonistium does a lot, but you'll want to stay as combat ready as possible. Alright, you see this rail on the bottom? You can put a grenade launcher on there, if you don't mind giving up your grip."
A combat knife and a SMG sounds fine to me.
From the cart he pulls a Sterling submachine gun in pristine condition. He nods after giving it to you and points out the iron sights and silencer.
"Now, that's a pretty nice weapon. It's light, so you'll be able to react quickly, and the short barrel length means you'll be able to fire at close targets easier than if you had a rifle of some sort. Normally, that'd be effective to about 600 feet. But since you've got the silencer on there, it's at 300 feet, best. So you'll actually want to stick to closer ranged combat."
"Hm... Give me a hammer and a shotgun. It'll do me fine." Alex said with a lackadaisical attitude about it.
For you, he pulls out a somewhat short metal rod with a foot long, 3 inch thick rectangular prism of a heavy metal on it and hands it to you.
"It's telescoping. Pretty sturdy too. Nice, if you want to be swinging around a medieval weapon."
After digging through the cart for another moment, he produces a Spas-12 shotgun.
"Now. Rest the stock on your shoulder, look down the scope, pull the trigger. Pretty simple. Now, what's less simple is remembering all the little features that were stuck in. Like this, right here. After you fire, just cycle the gun, and the next bullet won't be loaded in. Helpful if you've got some specialized ammunition. Also, this button by the trigger switches it between pump action and semiauto."
"I think I've seen this in a movie."

Look for the weapon with the fewest obvious gimmicks. Ideally a shield. Maybe a mace or something.
He shrugs and gives Veran a mace and a shield, both of tungsten.
"You want a gun or something, genius?"
I'll take a stick.
Preferably a pointy one.

He tosses Casser a spear.
"Here. Have fun."

After handing out the guns, he looks over your group.
"Now. Anyone want attachments for your guns? Sidearms? Or a gun in the first place?"

Characters:
Spoiler: Alex Mcpherson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Joe Bridger (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Casser MacDougal (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Vera Octavia Emerson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Dr. Chonasa (click to show/hide)

Anyone want me to post the combat mechanics?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 09:22:23 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2013, 08:47:11 pm »

It would be nice to have some alternate types of ammo, like incendiary, explosive, or FMJ. Something to help make the recoil more manageable would also be appreciated.

((An explanation of combat mechanics would be nice, also, why doesn't my inventory contain the SMG?))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2013, 08:48:29 pm »

[Don't you mean bone instead of sympathy?]

"Hm... Machine-pistol if yah got one, some fancy slugs, or frag rounds, or those... Whattcha call it... Dragon breathe shells? Stuff that makes the shotgun spit fire. Also my old clothes."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2013, 09:22:54 pm »

It would be nice to have some alternate types of ammo, like incendiary, explosive, or FMJ. Something to help make the recoil more manageable would also be appreciated.

((An explanation of combat mechanics would be nice, also, why doesn't my inventory contain the SMG?))
((http://pastebin.com/nYURiPkv There's the combat, and I just fixed your inventory.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2013, 09:25:36 pm »

"I suppose."

Pick some gun that looks easy to aim and such. Maybe some kind of rifle.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2013, 03:11:17 am »

"A gun? But... uhm... well, OK, then."

Grab the smallest gun I can find, and hold it gingerly at arm's length.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2013, 05:09:57 am »

"I'll take a magnum as a sidearm, and a detachable grenade launcher. That should be good for me."*coughcough*

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2013, 10:07:50 pm »

He takes your orders then scribbles some more onto the clipboard and retreats back into the storage area. After another few minutes, he returns with some holsters slung over his shoulder and a small leather bag hanging from his hand.

"Here it is."

He says, dropping the bag and holsters onto the cart. You each take your weapons and ammunition from the pile and examine them.

After digging around in the ground a little, you find 2 boxes each for Incendiary and FMJ bullets and pocket them.
"I suppose."

Pick some gun that looks easy to aim and such. Maybe some kind of rifle.
For you, there is an SA80 assault rifle, of brown metal, and remarkably light.
"Alright, here's the safety, and this lever over here determines whether you're in semi-automatic fire or fully automatic. Now, look. You're accurate to about 1300 feet. But, you'll probrably not be able to get that close, this'll be a stealth mission."

"A gun? But... uhm... well, OK, then."

Grab the smallest gun I can find, and hold it gingerly at arm's length.
You have some trouble finding yours, so he points it out at the bottom of the bag. A revolver about the size of a typical bullet, it can fit in the palm of your hand and comes with many small bullets.
"That good?"

[Don't you mean bone instead of sympathy?]

"Hm... Machine-pistol if yah got one, some fancy slugs, or frag rounds, or those... Whattcha call it... Dragon breathe shells? Stuff that makes the shotgun spit fire. Also my old clothes."

You find in one of the holsters, a MAC-11 machine pistol, and after digging through the bag, you find 6 frag rounds and 2 dragon breath rounds
"Hold it here, and brace your hand on the rounded end right there. It's only good for about one and a half hundred feet though, but it should be able to take out nearly anyone at that range. Now, as for those dragon breath rounds. They're scary, but not all that effective in actual combat. So don't rely on them too much, unless you've got that preposterium backing it up."

"I'll take a magnum as a sidearm, and a detachable grenade launcher. That should be good for me."*coughcough*
"I assume you meant this by a magnum. It's a classic. You've got good taste."
He hands you a .44 magnum with a couple of speedloaders, before digging back through the bag for the launcher and a few grenades.

Carol glances around at you.
"Ah, are you folks done? We'll send you down south as soon as you are, okay?"

Characters:
Spoiler: Alex Mcpherson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Joe Bridger (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Casser MacDougal (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Vera Octavia Emerson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Dr. Chonasa (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 10:31:28 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2013, 10:11:17 pm »

"What exactly is down south?"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5