Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Protagonistium: A Case Study: Mission 1: Protagonists, Assemble!  (Read 6709 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Protagonistium: A Case Study: Mission 1: Lots of exposition.
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2013, 08:38:38 pm »

"Right... So this Protagonistium stuff. What exactly is up with that? Blue, liquid... I think, comes out of protagonists... Any idea how it came to be in us average joes?"
"That's exactly why we're sending you out. We have no clue."
"You are awful scientists.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2013, 08:59:21 pm »

Study my surroundings.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2013, 10:57:12 pm »

"Right... So this Protagonistium stuff. What exactly is up with that? Blue, liquid... I think, comes out of protagonists... Any idea how it came to be in us average joes?"
"That's exactly why we're sending you out. We have no clue."
"You are awful scientists.
"Yeah, where's the control group?
"On a serious note, I'm sure you're doing all you can."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2013, 12:21:51 am »

Alex shrugs his broad shoulders. "Eh. Long as it is to help people, I'm all for it."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2013, 05:40:37 pm »

Study my surroundings.
The room is neat, almost religiously. All the beds are tucked in military style. They've got white sheets on them. Around the beds hang light blue curtains on steel curtain tracks. The floor is white tile, and the walls a similarly light beige. Many computer terminals sit on the walls, made of a light colored plastic with black screens and light green text. A door sits on one side of the room, made of wood, with a card scanner beside it. Interestingly, there are no windows whatsoever.

The assistant nods and puts his pen into a shirt pocket.
"Alright then, I'm done. Looks like you guys are as well, so we'll get going."
He heads over to the door, runs his ID through a card scanner, and walks out the door. You follow him, heading down a hallway towards a second door, labeled "Dr. Theodore Hertzl". He knocks on the door and leans against a wall, waiting. A few seconds later, the door opens and your group heads inside. Opposite of the door, behind a messy desk, sits a tall, aged man, with a puffy white beard and a large white spot atop his head. Behind you, by the door, stands a younger looking woman, with messy black hair, soft features, and glasses. Her desk, to the right, is much better organized, with the papers in color coded piles.

The balding man looks at you, confused for a moment, before she walks over to him and points at todays date on the calender. He opens his eyes in surprise, then stands up, grabbing a walking stick as he pulls himself to his feet. The woman looks at his desk, then takes a few papers from it. The white haired man nods at you.
"Hello, I am Dr. Hertzl."
His voice is shrill, and with a slight austrian accent.
"And I am Carol Regis, his assistant."
She, on the other hand, has a remarkably soft, soothing voice, in contrast. The Doctor walks towards the door, only occasionally leaning on the cane. He halts just before leaving.
"Where are they going?"
"Weapons, sir."
"Of course."
He opens the door and heads down towards an elevator. Carol walks by his side, and you follow the pair, with the lab assistant following up the rear. The elevator at the end of the hall is shining, slick steel and rounded. Dr. Hertzl runs his ID card through a scanner beside it and heads in, followed by the rest of you. Though big, the elevator is not large enough to hold all of you comfortably, and some akward nudges and "sorry"s are exchanged. Hertzl speaks up in the thick silence.
"So, do you have any questions you want answered in this ride?"

((Crickey, that took long enough. Once we get past all the exposition and to the actual game, I'll probably tear apart the railroading and start writing turns reliably.))
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 05:42:14 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Protagonistium: A Case Study: Mission 1: Insert your own waiting music
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2013, 06:39:42 pm »

"Right... Do you know what this Protagonistium does, or its affects on us? I asked before how it came to be in us, but that didn't yield much. What's it do then, or has done to us at least?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2013, 06:41:13 pm »

So, like, there's this goodie two shoes extract. Is there some, like, syrup made from supervillians or something?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2013, 12:25:14 pm »

"Right... Do you know what this Protagonistium does, or its affects on us? I asked before how it came to be in us, but that didn't yield much. What's it do then, or has done to us at least?
"Well, we don't know how it works, exactly, but we do know that it just kind of makes you better. You're smarter, stronger, and faster than a normal person, and you somehow bend reality to help yourself out."
So, like, there's this goodie two shoes extract. Is there some, like, syrup made from supervillians or something?
"We think that everyone has it, but that only a few people have enough of it to effect them. So we don't have enough to do some real experiments on. That's why we're going to send you after the communists protagonists, so you can take theirs so we can research it."

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2013, 02:33:43 pm »

How much of an effect can we have on reality?

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2013, 06:14:54 pm »

Waitlisting. I'l post a sheet in a bit.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2013, 07:52:16 pm »

John awoke, and listened to the conversations around him, still in a daze.
So doctors, what exactly did you do to us?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2013, 08:29:01 pm »

How much of an effect can we have on reality?
"Let's see,,, From the data we've gotten in the past, and from word of mouth, we think that your power extends roughly to being able to emulate any of those action movies you love. You know, with the special endurance, and high jumping. It mostly just makes you more than human, but there are other applications. In the past, for example, it's extended the magazine of peoples weapons to near infinite lengths."

John awoke, and listened to the conversations around him, still in a daze.
So doctors, what exactly did you do to us?
((You're not in the game yet.))

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2013, 09:11:16 pm »

(Sorreh 'bout day. Applied a long time ago, and pressed the 'new' button.)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2013, 09:46:57 pm »

"Right, right... So, what are you expecting with the Communist Protag? We kill 'em? Die trying to kill him? Give 'em a stern lecture on civility? Nah, probably not that last one if you're giving us guns. So... You thinking that if we make 'em go pop, more of that weird stuff will come out? You tryin' to make us protags or something?"

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2013, 11:53:23 pm »

Wait, am I in the game yet, or just the waiting list, or not at all? I'm confused.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5