Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Protagonistium: A Case Study: Mission 1: Protagonists, Assemble!  (Read 6707 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

Protagonistium: A Case Study
The Hero RTD

It's the 1980's. There's insane hair, glam rock, Madonna, Micheal Jackson, and E.T. Oh, yeah and the whole threat of thermonuclear war in between the USSR and the United States. I suppose that's the most important thing. After all, it actually has to do with the game. So, the Cold War. You and your allies are, unfortunately, right in the middle of it.

For some reason or another, you were nearby the fall of an all-american hero, more commonly referred to through the world as a protagonist. When they died, they left behind a neon blue, glowing gel, which slowly seeped into you. Then, you felt your consciousness fade to black. When you woke up, you found yourself, and a group of other people laying in a hospital bed, with a man in a lab coat speaking to you.

Players:
Remuthra
Chink
GreatWyrmGold
Xanmyral
Insanity Incarnate

Waitlist:
Javierpwn
werty892
scapheap

Spoiler: Briefing (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Preposterium (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Subject Data (click to show/hide)

Characters will be selected according to how much effort I think was put into the character, as well as writing quality.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 10:31:56 pm by Spinal_Taper »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Protagonistium: A Case Study
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 09:05:02 pm »

Name: John Doe
Mental Information :Nothing wrong with his mental stability; besides the act that he wishes he could strangle kittens and heads voices
Physical Information:Appears to be your average everyday man, with above average muscle tone.
Biography: John Doe is your average everyday man, living his life like any other man in his position; working in a cubicle, and wishing he could have done better with his life. And then the accident happened... A Protagonist fell from the sky, and then all went black; only to awake on a hospital bed.
Vial usage:Muscular, Reflex

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 09:12:28 pm »

Name:Tim White
Mental Information (Overview, any noticeable quirks): Over the top, and likes to put on a show, but otherwise normal. More Clever than normal(street smart, not book smart)
Physical Information (Overview, any noticeable deformities):Thin, but still strong. Black eyes, and dirty blonde hair. Wears glasses.
Biography:Working as a IT person for his day job, and as a hobby teaching cross country, he ends up doing the same thing day to day, playing games in the night. Then, he got saved by the protagonist, and ah he was saved, the protagonist died. He now awakes in a hospital bed thinking "Oh shit, there gonna interrogation me and lock me up...fuuuuuu"

Vial Usage.
Appendix Generation of Preposterium
Reflex
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 09:20:47 pm by werty892 »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 09:14:37 pm »

Name: Alex Mcpherson
Mental Information (Overview, any noticable quirks): Often stubborn with decisions he deems important, doesn't shy from violence but doesn't seem to be willing to be the one to initiate it. Speaks in a constant informal tone. Seems to show tendency to listen to his conscious, strangely.
Physical Information (Overview, any noticible deformities): Sturdy built, tall, square-faced, looks like the kind of guy who would be a bouncer or something. Black, crew cut hair and a usually firmly set jaw just helps with this allusion. Face seems locked in a constant grim glower. No other noticeable features.
Biography: Sent to aid the protagonist with the other Red Shirts, until the protagonist... Well, up and died. Before he was a Red Shirt he was a, believe it or not, a writer. Not one of note though, wrote a book, published it himself, didn't go anywhere however. Feeling restless in his life, he felt the need to do something of while with his life, which included joining the Red Shirts.

Distribution of Protagonistium (2 vials worth, enough to noticeably increase 2 of their traits):
Reflex Center: =
Musclular System: +
Bone Structure: +
Logical Center: =
Sympathy Center: =
Appendix Generation of Preposterium: =
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 09:32:02 pm by Xanmyral »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 09:17:32 pm »

Name: Joe Bridger
Mental Information (Overview, any noticable quirks): He's an egotistic musician. What do you expect? He's mainly concerned with his own interests, and doesn't have much of a hero ethic.
Physical Information (Overview, any noticible deformities): Covered in random colors of body paint. Has an amazing voice. When not singing, he speaks in a low rasp.
But how do I make the amazing voice?: First, press your hand to your windpipe, constricting your air supply (not enough to cause damage, just make it harder to speak). Then, shift your voice to the highest register possible. Now start singing as loudly and hoarsely as possible.
Biography: Joe Bridger is a musician, the lead vocalist for the band Band of Awesome.

Distribution of Protagonistium (2 vials worth, enough to noticeably increase 2 of their traits):
Reflex, Preposterium

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 09:21:42 pm »

Everyone wants reflex and Preposterium  :P

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 09:23:07 pm »

I had it first, you all are stealing my intellectual property :PP

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2013, 09:25:31 pm »

I chose muscular and reflex.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 09:26:55 pm »

Eh, I went bone and muscle route.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2013, 09:29:06 pm »

Ooh I hope this is open a while.
Character sheet here later.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2013, 10:51:04 pm »

Hope I'm not too late.

Name: Casser MacDougal, male
Mental Information (Overview, any noticable quirks): Has a tendency to forget some things immediately after they've happened, only to be recalled later. He is otherwise fairly quick-witted.
Physical Information (Overview, any noticible deformities): Slow and weak.
Biography: Having dropped out of school, Casser joined the Red Shirts to try doing something useful. He's been unsuccessful thus far.

Distribution of Protagonistium:
Logical Center, Appendix Generation of Preposterium
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2013, 10:54:04 pm »

Spoiler: Vera Octavia Emerson (click to show/hide)

Hopefully all this is fine? And the Protagonistium didn't affect history too much?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 08:10:30 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2013, 11:10:22 pm »

Ptw,.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2013, 11:20:43 pm »

Getting a post in, will put character sheet in later.
Spoiler: Character Sheet! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 01:14:49 pm by Chink »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2013, 02:03:06 am »

Spoiler: Vera Octavia Emerson (click to show/hide)

Hopefully all this is fine? And the Protagonistium didn't affect history too much?

+1 for female 1/4protagonist.

Also PTW.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5