Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Bloodhole: Choose your Own Fortress: Turn 1: Strike the Earth!  (Read 11351 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Welcome and hello. I've been away from DF for a while and want to get back to playing it. What better way to do so than to have the community make the decisions for me?
This will probably end badly, but who cares?

This will work like such: I play until an important thing happens. I save. I ask you guys what we should do. I wait for some debate to come up with four or five options, or until the debate stops, then make a poll with those options in it. The poll rolls, I do that, and we hit the top again.

-----

The first order of business is the world. What should it be like? For performance (aka worldgen time) reasons, I'm going to limit history to 500 years and world size to Small, but anything else (including smaller or shorter worlds) is game. Let's hear some ideas.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 10:56:52 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile
Re: Choose your Own Fortress: Turn 0
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 05:34:09 pm »

High savagery, high mineral occurrence. Lets see some fun!
I always seem to end up with a magnificent burial complex and nowhere near enough bodies to fill it, or far too many bodies and nowhere to put any of them.

Beast Tamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 05:35:58 pm »

How about maximum evil and savagery, maximum megabeasts, and many islands with one giant continent?
There is currently a minor problem in that the veteran demons fighting in the corpse factory have failed to die in the 2 year battle and have become legendary unkillable gods of war. I may have misjudged this possible outcome.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 06:36:53 pm »

Short history, both for performance, and to keep all the beasties around.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 06:41:05 pm »

and many islands with one giant continent?
How would you do that?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 11:40:39 pm »

High savagery, high evil, high mineral occurrence, with lots of civs to attack you trade with.

+1
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

SilverDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • For glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 07:45:28 am »

+1
+1 as well!
Apparently coding DF is equivalent to slaying hydras.

GiantBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 01:48:16 pm »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 05:40:28 pm »

Generating a world with insanely high numbers of megabeasts and such. It took a while to get that many placed, and there were some other deadly errors involved, so I lowered it to "just" 75 megabeast caves and 25 titans in a Pocket world. Oh, and I used the mesh thingy rather than the minimum thingy. This worked.

The biggest thing right now seems to be Alnis Urist, a war between the humans and goblins over torture. They seem to do that a lot. The goblins are also at war with the dwarves. Not a single megabeast or titan has been slain, and out of semimegabeasts the only deaths have been a minotaur and an ettin, interestingly both female. There's a bunch of books written by a human goddess of creation, actually a black-haired iguana brute named Kung (not to be confused with Kung Umbralhome the three-eyed creature or Kung Phantomtunnel the starved man).

Here is a copy of the world.
Spoiler: Here's a map of it. (click to show/hide)
The next order of business is, of course, the location of the fortress. Point to a location on the world map or show me a (no larger than 4x4, ideally more like 3x3) site you think would be good to put the fortress at.
Sig

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, 06:15:19 pm »

2x3, middle volcano.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2013, 07:34:29 pm »

Just wondering if I might be able to suggest my Dwarven Voices mod project? I haven't been able to test it in live action yet and since this fort is all about community involvment, it seems really fitting.
I have a link to it in my sig, and since all it alters is an addition to entity positions, you can add it in even after the world is genned.

2x3, middle volcano.
Also, +1.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2013, 08:18:10 pm »

Just wondering if I might be able to suggest my Dwarven Voices mod project? I haven't been able to test it in live action yet and since this fort is all about community involvment, it seems really fitting.
I have a link to it in my sig, and since all it alters is an addition to entity positions, you can add it in even after the world is genned.
Fitting, yes. I wish you had mentioned it before I had generated the world, though, because entities are actually pretty much immune to change postworldgen, last I checked.
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2013, 04:40:59 am »

PTW. 
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

InZane

• Bay Watcher
  • [PIMP_CANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2013, 07:42:26 am »

So basically this is a suggestion fort?
I PTW anything that seems interesting

Demonbutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile