Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Warframe Prototype - Welcome to Hell, Beta Tester!  (Read 18605 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe Prototype - Welcome to Hell, Beta Tester!
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2013, 05:00:07 pm »

Challenged Juan to a gun fight (E.G. attack, not shout a challenge and eat a shot for my troubles)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2013, 05:03:58 pm »

Is that Motherwill thing subject to dodges?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2013, 05:19:07 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

[Hah, I like it! Sad that there isn't anything related to radiation or splitting atoms, but this just brings a newer, better vision to mind. KILL FOES WITH SOUND!]

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2013, 05:24:29 pm »

Is that Motherwill thing subject to dodges?

Yes. I should mention this, but "alltargeting" and "omnitargeting" are different.

Alltargeting means that at least one attack is sent in everyone's direction- in this case, 1/3 the result (as it's vs 3 units.) A successful dodge could result in anywhere from no damage to a slight reduction.

Omnitargeting means there's a swarm of attacks headed in everyones direction you can't dodge- like a swarm of nanomachines.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2013, 08:00:35 pm »

So I'm curious, do you have a set way to figure out system and weapon slots with the stats the players give you? I'm guessing they're based on the Arms stat, with what looks like Systems being one to start off if at neutral arms, and an additional slot per two points.
Spoiler: A lot of Questions (click to show/hide)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2013, 08:07:22 pm »

It's fine. I enjoy them.

Arms stat:

= is Two weapon slots, One system.
+ adds a System,
++ adds a Weapon to that,
+++ is another System,
++++ is yet another weapon...

while - subtracts a weapon
-- subtracts a system
--- subtracts everything you start with
---- means even your fists are useless- you need to steal something now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Slightly annoying. -1, -2 at extreme distances.

Yeah, the Piety is infinite.

Sort of like the ACV Grind Blade, where they're arranged in a circle and they spin around the axis, like a spiked wheel. Each individual blade is weak, so you wouldn't have time to drill into concrete with any efficiency.

Right now, no weapons have any range penalty, aside from the fact that some things can't be done.

HALO hits pretty much everything in a radius. It's hard as hell to dodge- you see them, they're hit.

Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2013, 08:16:29 pm »

Shoot Lucius with the UHMG. Contact Clair.

"Is a ceasefire, eg we don't kill each other until we kill everyone else, acceptable?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2013, 08:26:39 pm »

Taunt that worker bugs are harder to kill than scapheap, fire at him.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2013, 08:26:42 pm »

-snip-

Alright, and the Ascended sounds awesome after seeing a picture of a Grind Wheel. Man I wish Armored Cores would be on PC. Although if given the chance I'd rather use the rifle, higher concentrations of hate there. Or the missiles, higher average there, and unless targeting someone fast I think I can reliably hit with the high arms.

I'm guessing the arms stat keeps going in that order of system weapon system weapon, so on. So if I were to somehow win, and put a point in arms, I would gain another systems slot, yeah? Now, would it be automatically filled with something, or would I have to rip a part out of someone, since I recall that getting new weapons is on-the-field "requisitions."

Also, armor, does it work as a secondary hit point system, where you can take damage and not have things go bad, or is it kind of a subtraction to damage? Does armor start at four like every other stat? I'm guessing if armor is a "secondary hp system" then taking a hit to your integrity would be a penalty to stuff, while with armor it doesn't matter, yes?

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2013, 09:15:31 pm »

Arms is a start and a soft limit. You can equip beyond your means, but at a penalty (new systems beyond the abilities don't work or have heavy penalty).

When you increase Arms, you get a new part. You can, however, rip one off an enemy and replace something you have (though Adapt is helpful in that).

I've been abstracting Armor/Core. A lot. I have a base in my head (yeah, = is about 4 HP), but they have a form of synergy.

If they're both plus I'm a little more lenient to let them survive a nearly or just at fatal blow, and if they're both negative I'm less likely to do so, but having an inbalance is something I'm not ready to handle quite yet.

= is 4 HP for both, but depending on the results of the attack, different systems take different damage.

A missile slamming into someone is more likely to be fatal to a armoreless target than one with armor- as armor is thick and meant to protect, missiles don't pierce armor and thus are dampened by it, so damage is a little floaty.

Armor taking damage does not cause negatives, but cores start causing negatives when they take damage. At 0 HP, you die, at 1, you become immoble, 2HP is -1 to all stats, 3HP is inability to do complicated manuvering (jumping on buildings, etc), 4HP and up is fine.

tl;dr version: armor has slight wiggle room but basically, = is 4HP.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2013, 09:18:21 pm »

On an earlier question about the Piety launcher, it actually has 8 missiles. The total shouldn't ever be hit as you can't fire but one at a time, but I'll remember this, as I had the Motherwill in mind when responding.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2013, 09:20:18 pm »

How do the other stat values work? When does speed get added to dodge?

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2013, 09:25:04 pm »

God.

Wait! I remember!

Speed is used when you see an attack coming. Reaction is used when you don't see it coming, in time, to prepare mentally to dodge. An instinctive dodge.

Sometimes, depending on attack (direct, visible missiles, for instance) both might get tested. Failing the speed can activate the reaction to dampen damage. That's rare.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2013, 09:28:23 pm »

And, continuing the practice of never giving the GM a moment's rest, what are Doom's new weapons?

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2013, 09:53:02 pm »

Not sure yet. If they aren't there in the waitlist, he's the one I didn't finish up :P

I'll have this turn tomorrow but no guarantees for the rest of this week. Three projects due this week.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13