Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 30

Author Topic: Totem Mafia 2 - Town Victory  (Read 46385 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 2 - Spirit Walk 2
« Reply #330 on: March 20, 2013, 12:39:38 pm »

BAHHHHH-WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

My death is only the beginning.  Prepare yourselves. . . you're going to suffer.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 2 - Vote Phase 3 - Tradition falters
« Reply #331 on: March 20, 2013, 01:18:47 pm »

Wise, lucky, and fond of dragging the shorter and beardier elders to an untimely demise.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 20, 2013, 02:14:38 pm »

PFP: ASS

I targeted Tiruin.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 20, 2013, 02:16:23 pm »

PFP

UI: Reasoning, please.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 20, 2013, 02:33:14 pm »

You jerk :I

And I had such a great time with my animal spirit. Also, leads.

I blame Vector. Because Vector.

* Tiruin high fives Toaster for his brilliant animal.

...Now I wonder how Carp manages to look like as a totem...

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 20, 2013, 02:56:00 pm »

Hapah: Because she kept doing things that made no sense from a town point of view. The best example is probably her reasoning for why Leafsnail was telling the truth: he acknowledged her targeting him after she claimed such. Yes, there were good reasons to believe Leafsnail, but that is most definitely not one, and her using it as her main reason indicated she knew he was being truthful for reasons she didn't want to share.

Any choice quotes from deadchat?

Tiruin: Then post your leads in deadchat.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 20, 2013, 03:21:47 pm »

PFP

Not really, I think everyone is busy with werk/class/whatever. Sol made a picture of a hedgehog with text on it, lol. Important Business.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 20, 2013, 03:46:16 pm »

PFP

Sol made a picture of a hedgehog with text on it, lol. Important Business.
The most serious of business, I see.

Too hopped up on sugar from today's potluck to do much thinking right now. Stuff later, when I'm off work.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 20, 2013, 06:40:13 pm »

PFP

UI: Yeah, Tir's argument was flawed, I understand that. And your case would have had merit before Vector's flip. But it turns out that Leafsnail was at the very least right about Vector, yeah? And since Leaf was telling the truth about Vector, it isn't a stretch to believe he was telling the truth when confirming Tir's N1 action. Tir was very unlikely to be scum, because scum have very few reasons to double-team one target, right?

I'm trying to understand why you would shoot Tir (who is at worst a hostile 3rd party), instead of nearly anyone else. Flawed reasoning or not, between the above and the ability claim D1, I'd say she was leaning town pretty heavily. I'm trying to understand exactly what you see that I don't. What am I missing?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 20, 2013, 07:07:30 pm »

Neither Toaster nor Captain Ford did anything D2 to set off any alarms in my head. The other three people all made significant townie or anti-scum actions. Deathsword gave up what would be a scum LyLo breaker (also Vector tried to deflect your suspicion onto him, although that's weak at best), and you and Leaf outed Vector.

Also, Tiruin never stated what he tried to do to Leafsnail. If she and Vector had suspected him of being a power role they could have blocked+killed him.

At this point I'm pretty sure either Captain Ford is scum or (less likely) Vector and Deathsword performed a sacrifice play. I'll reread tomorrow.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 20, 2013, 07:43:50 pm »

Suggestion: massclaim.  I think it's highly possible there are still two scum alive.

Deathsword gave up what would be a scum LyLo breaker
So did Tiruin.

Also, Tiruin never stated what he tried to do to Leafsnail. If she and Vector had suspected him of being a power role they could have blocked+killed him.
That'd be silly though, for two reasons.  Firstly Meph sometimes puts Paranoid Gun Owners in his games.  Secondly a lot of powerroles (eg anything investigative, doc) are basically neutralized by being killed anyway, so the block would have a high chance of being wasted.  Thirdly I don't see why Tiruin would go and claim his action in the thread if he was mafia.  This is another really bad kill from you so I believe you are an SK (not mafia though since Vector must have been trying to kill me night 1).

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 20, 2013, 09:28:14 pm »

To me, Urist Imiknorris is pretty obviously a serial killer. The reasoning behind his kills is terrible, and he gave no indication he was going to off Tiruin tonight. His case against her was days old and looks like it was thrown together just to justify a later kill (looks like he learned his lesson with Solifuge, I guess). My guess is that he suspected Tiruin of being a doctor, and killed her in hopes of making Hapah vulnerable.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, it's at least possible that Leafsnail was bussing Vector. No one can verify his story but him, and he was careful to leave his claim open so he could add people to it later on. It seems like something he might do. It also serves the dual purpose of protecting him from the vig/SK.

I guess that would leave Vector's kill unaccounted for, though.

Suggestion: massclaim.  I think it's highly possible there are still two scum alive.
I'm a bit uneasy about that, at least partially because you're suggesting it. I'm not sure but I think the uncertainty might still benefit the town more. I'm not afraid to claim, but I'd want to hear others opinions first.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 20, 2013, 09:43:20 pm »

There are probably two scum alive, so it's probably lylo.  It's no good maintaining uncertainty if you lose due to lynching the wrong person.

Tiruin (confirmed town) can at least partially verify my story - she said that her action failed on me.  My claim was open because I didn't want to out a probably town powerrole for no reason at all, or give out any more information than I needed to get mafia-Vector lynched.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 20, 2013, 10:08:09 pm »

I'm all for a massclaim, but what makes you so certain there are still two scum left?

I've already claimed everything I've got, but I asked in deadchat for full claims from Toaster and Tir. In the meantime, what did you lot bring to the party?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 20, 2013, 10:52:52 pm »

Leafsnail: Well, the second killer has to be either you or DS, and DS's play so far strikes me as pretty town (for him). You've said before that you're the kind of player that doesn't make slips unless you can't win without pulling something unusual. You've been sitting pretty so far, so I feel it's worth considering.

And Tiruin's claim doesn't really do much for you, considering you only claimed that part after Tiruin called you out on it.

Hapah: I don't have much to add. All my nights so far have gone by quietly.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 30