Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30

Author Topic: Totem Mafia 2 - Town Victory  (Read 46605 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 2 - Vote Phase 2 - A loss of Majesty
« Reply #240 on: March 15, 2013, 12:06:55 pm »

Great. I come back from university half-dead from exhaustion, take a day off from mafia and return to see myself lynched by a horde of easylynchers on completely empty grounds and a complete disregard for everything I said. I grieve for the times when doing absolutely any active attempt at scumhunting didn't result in an instalynch and coasting through the game wasn't a valid survival tactic. Fuck this board, fuck the metagame, fuck what has become of this community and especially fuck Vector. I am done.

Nah.  You're not my type :3
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 15, 2013, 12:50:10 pm »

Patching this together during my lunch break, so sorry if it seems a bit rushed. If I missed something, please let me know.

Here is what I believe I know.

One of either Vector or Leafsnail is almost certainly lying. Their statements cannot be reconciled. I personally believe that Vector is the guilty party, as a scum Leafsnail attempting to cover for a scum Deathsword would likely mean the death of both if Vector flipped town. It isn't completely solid as there could be 18 redirect/reflects or 3rd party motives that I don't know about, but I feel reasonably confident that either Vector or Leafsnail is hostile to the town.

UI killed Sol. UI claims that this was a vig-kill, and it may have been, but the fact remains that the scumkill is unaccounted for if that is the case. It could have been blocked or negated by a doctor (or maybe they decided not to use it at all), but you can color me suspicious all the same.

As for questions and replies:

Tir:
Quote from: Tir
Hapah: What did you really see? That was a confirmed-confirmed Stranger, right? Nothing else in that PM depicting strange stuffs or any feelings going on? You know that if Vector flips common, you're in for top suspect, right?
It was quite clear. Me and my spirit animal in a forest, followed my animal through the forest to a clearing that I recognized in the waking world, saw Vector (specifically Vector) exchanging objects with several Strangers and shaking their hands. And no, I have no abilities which affected my investigative power.

Leaf: Any an idea why an ability or abilities used on you may have failed?

Back to Werk.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 15, 2013, 01:35:49 pm »

Because my role causes them to fail.  I'm somewhat inclined to believe UI since Vector could've been trying to kill me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 15, 2013, 03:56:37 pm »

This just in, UI. I can't move votes for those who don't have any, or for those who have not voted yet.

Because my role causes them to fail.  I'm somewhat inclined to believe UI since Vector could've been trying to kill me.
So we all fail fantastically because you're a snail?

Also...that means that UI is a vig? He's obviously the killer as stated by votecount. Shenanigans happened to DS so whoever he targeted had a backlash effect (or vice versa).

I'm still unsure about him. DS: Explain your vote on Vector, please.

UI killed Sol. UI claims that this was a vig-kill, and it may have been, but the fact remains that the scumkill is unaccounted for if that is the case. It could have been blocked or negated by a doctor (or maybe they decided not to use it at all), but you can color me suspicious all the same.
That, or he did the mafia-kill which would take a lot of guts for him to claim (this is what I was thinking UI, when you asked me about the benefits of claiming).

Patching this together during my lunch break, so sorry if it seems a bit rushed. If I missed something, please let me know.

Here is what I believe I know.

One of either Vector or Leafsnail is almost certainly lying. Their statements cannot be reconciled. I personally believe that Vector is the guilty party, as a scum Leafsnail attempting to cover for a scum Deathsword would likely mean the death of both if Vector flipped town. It isn't completely solid as there could be 18 redirect/reflects or 3rd party motives that I don't know about, but I feel reasonably confident that either Vector or Leafsnail is hostile to the town.
Err, wait. How does DS factor in here? Either I don't see his post with relation to LS or I'm just missing something. He just voted Vector for a "fakeclaim no", but he didn't specifically...'defend' LS either.

But, true. My action was beneficial - I'm unsure whether LS was using a defensive action or its in his nature as a reaction to an action. I mean, he knows when people target him - I'm pretty sure my action can't be similar to Vector's in the manner of receiving or Vector would be really clean (as compared to covered in lots of mud right now :P)

Or you're lying. Which would, in an OOC-way, disappoint me on the audacity of it. Which is really near impossible given how you posted or your nature in posting.

Somewhat inclined? He can't vote. To be fair, I'm thinking of shifting UI's vote instead of DS to confirm it. He even asked it so...I'm willing to compromise if others share a similar opinion.

Your lunch breaks are best lunch breaks :P

Meph
Meph: The scum do have a faction nightkill, right?

Yes.
Is the factional NK like a "you must use this action instead of any action you can perform to make the NK work"? Meaning: Either they kill, or use their own action?

There is only 1 faction NK per night?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 15, 2013, 04:03:11 pm »

Standard Mafia Scum team rules apply for their kill.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 15, 2013, 04:08:19 pm »

DS: List of suspects. Your reads on everyone and how you plan to spend your votes - regardless of my existence in the current time and in the probable future. When will you spend your extra votes?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 15, 2013, 04:19:57 pm »

I mean believe that he's a vig rather than a mafia member.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 15, 2013, 04:21:27 pm »

I mean believe that he's a vig rather than a mafia member.
Oh.

So would you generally know what action is performed on you [disregard specifics], or you just know that a person has visited you and whatnot?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 15, 2013, 04:22:35 pm »

I don't know what the action is, but Vector lying about the action makes it highly likely that she is a mafia member, and it's likely that a mafia member would be performing a kill.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 15, 2013, 04:39:29 pm »

PFP
DS: Explain your vote on Vector, please.
[/quote
Vector claims to have redirected Hapah's inspect onto me. Except that Leafsnail says that she performed an action on him and Hapah says he explicitly got Vector's name in his PM.

I'll answer all other questions still today. Time is short right now.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 15, 2013, 06:26:58 pm »

The Counting Stones
Deathsword: Vector
Leafsnail: Tiruin
Vector: Captain Ford, Hapah, Leafsnail, Toaster

Vote Phase ends ~5pm Pacific Tuesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 15, 2013, 07:04:33 pm »

Tiruin: Why would UI lie about killing Solifuge? Why on earth would you waste your ability confirming it?

Hapah:
It was quite clear. Me and my spirit animal in a forest, followed my animal through the forest to a clearing that I recognized in the waking world, saw Vector (specifically Vector) exchanging objects with several Strangers and shaking their hands. And no, I have no abilities which affected my investigative power.
I would think that if you were redirected, you would have simply gotten a read on Deathsword. Have you asked Meph if your result is consistent with a redirect?

Vector being scum is far more believable than Leafsnail covering for Deathsword, which is something I didn't even notice before you pointed it out (nice catch, actually).

UI's claim really says nothing about his alignment. Whether vig, SK or scum, he couldn't avoid being caught, and he would have claimed the same.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 15, 2013, 07:05:56 pm »

Vector
Leafsnail, are you capable of knowing if someone acted on you?

Vector, nice fakeclaim. But no.

If you don't believe my claim, then why are accusing Leafsnail of a fakeclaim?  Come on, dear.

Am I? I just asked if he is capable of knowing when someone acts on him. Tell me, how is that accusing him of a fakeclaim?

I know that Vector performed an action on me.

Wouldn't this imply that the answer to your question is "yes?"
No. He says he knows you acted on him, but didn't give any specifics. The question was asked in order to try and get something more about this from him.

Hapah

Deathsword
Tiruin: While I can understand why you would claim your ability, I fail to see why you would explain to other players (and thus, scum) how to counter your ability. It looks to me like a fakeclaim to give people a false sense of security by switching their votes around by the end of the day.
Why would people follow that path of direction anyway if they were so worried about their votes?
Because I think you are lying about the "weakness" of your power. I think you are lying about your switch being nullified if your target changes votes.
Why on earth would you claim the ability and fakeclaim a weakness as scum? Or as town, for that matter. I could see not claiming it at all (esp. as scum), and I could see full claiming it. I could even see not claiming the weakness to avoid the day-end shuffle, though I don't really think that's going to be an issue. But why add a fake weakness?
To create a false sense of security when people shuffle their votes at day end. Although I will admit this is kind of a weak thing to be worried about.

Tiruin
I do not believe the part of you(r) claim where you state that if you use your power on me, and then I change my vote, you power ceases to work and you need to switch my vote again.
>_<

Yes. You got it. The bolded part is where you perform a u-turn on a one-way road. Read what I stated again...You don't know when I'm shifting your power. That, I guess, is what Meph saw as an advantage to it. Even if I said it out - the role power and that I'd do it - its still up for guessing.

Which brings me to pointing at psychological factors coming in and whatnot being the advantages.

It's like
Deathsword: I VOTE MEPHANSTERAS

Tiruin: Nope. I'm shifting you. *Doesn't actually Shift away*

Deathsword: No wait unvote/GlyphGryph is scum.

Tiruin: *PM'd mod about Shifting away back at Deathsword*

Deathsword-at-final-vote-count: :O
I told you. Once per vote phase. Depends on PM. While I do stick to my word in saying "I'm going to shift this person", it would be pretty obvious on my shift given the basis for such.

I really don't understand how you see it as lying, or see how me stating such a specific case = something to be suspicious. I mean, if I was lying, then what? What do you suspect I'm saying?
As you know, the odds of you being online at day end are quite low. The same doesn't apply to me. I could unvote and revote one hour before the deadline.

DS: List of suspects. Your reads on everyone and how you plan to spend your votes - regardless of my existence in the current time and in the probable future. When will you spend your extra votes?
Vector is at the top of my suspicions right now. You are second. I don't have a lot on others because just now I got free time.

As for my power: I intend to use it as a lylo/tie breaker.

You're silly.
Indeed.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 15, 2013, 07:38:22 pm »

Hapah:
I would think that if you were redirected, you would have simply gotten a read on Deathsword. Have you asked Meph if your result is consistent with a redirect?
The answer is apparently "it depends".

Quote from: Cap'n Ford
Vector being scum is far more believable than Leafsnail covering for Deathsword, which is something I didn't even notice before you pointed it out (nice catch, actually).
That's pretty much my thoughts. Vector might be town, but I'm doubtful. (and in the off chance he is, Leaf and DS would both have some explaining to do the next day)

Quote from: Cap'n Ford
UI's claim really says nothing about his alignment. Whether vig, SK or scum, he couldn't avoid being caught, and he would have claimed the same.
I agree with this. I'm not going to speculate too much on who the scumteam may be until I see Vector's flip, though.

UI:
To satisfy my curiosity, could you give me the flavor of your kill?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 15, 2013, 09:16:15 pm »

Tiruin: Why would UI lie about killing Solifuge? Why on earth would you waste your ability confirming it?
I'm not pointing at if UI would lie, if Vector flips scum then that nails UI as a Vig. If Vector flips town, then UI may possibly be scum hiding his VK as a Solifuge-K.

And...Its already confirmed via vote. Honest mistake there...
This just in, UI. I can't move votes for those who don't have any, or for those who have not voted yet.
That is Meph's explanation being specific. <3 Meph for that after all the confusing words in my power.

DS:
Vector claims to have redirected Hapah's inspect onto me. Except that Leafsnail says that she performed an action on him and Hapah says he explicitly got Vector's name in his PM.
(You messed up the quote)
Yes yes I understand you suspect me because of the measure that I'd be lying from my vote switch, but what's the advantage there? You still haven't stated it. Or have you declared the reason for voting Vector - do you believe Hapah or do you have anything else to add?

And...you spent the whole of VP1 focusing on me then, judging by your picks and lack of time, right?

Anyway, judging by what you said - if Vector flips scum then you're town by association.

As you know, the odds of you being online at day end are quite low. The same doesn't apply to me. I could unvote and revote one hour before the deadline.
Mhmm.

Vector: Just to aid us given the straits you're in. What did you explicitly do?

Leafsnail: Now that we at least know what you can do (well, me, especially given what I used on you), what type of flavor did your PM get about the 'finding you'?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30