Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 30

Author Topic: Totem Mafia 2 - Town Victory  (Read 46656 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 2 - Vote Phase 2 - A loss of Majesty
« Reply #225 on: March 15, 2013, 02:43:37 am »

:-\

Verbosity.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 15, 2013, 03:03:43 am »

Okay. Tiruin, you are Vector's partner.

1) You're voting Leafsnail because of what you assume his ability to be.
2) Your reason for not voting Vector is stupid, barely coherent, and makes you look desperate for a reason to not vote her.
3) Why would I take credit for someone else's kill?
4) Solifuge popped in after several days of not posting, voted Dariush for a meh-at-best reason, accused you of fakeclaiming, and promised to post more later (which he never did). Once Dariush flipped town, Solifuge reeked of scum who just wanted to get D1 over with.
5) Why are you recommending people unvote while simultaneously demanding I vote?
6) Why are you trying to cast doubt on Hapah?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 15, 2013, 03:14:31 am »

Huh, jumpy there.
Okay. Tiruin, you are Vector's partner.
1) You're voting Leafsnail because of what you assume his ability to be.
2) Your reason for not voting Vector is stupid, barely coherent, and makes you look desperate for a reason to not vote her.

3) Why would I take credit for someone else's kill?
4) Solifuge popped in after several days of not posting, voted Dariush for a meh-at-best reason, accused you of fakeclaiming, and promised to post more later (which he never did). Once Dariush flipped town, Solifuge reeked of scum who just wanted to get D1 over with.
5) Why are you recommending people unvote while simultaneously demanding I vote?
6) Why are you trying to cast doubt on Hapah?

How does the bolded portion even make sense. We've got time to talk this over, the evidence is all in place. That speaks to me for wanting to get the day over quickly, don't you agree? Let's hear her story. Let's hear Hapah's story - he PFP'd. While I really do suspect Vector due to Hapah's find, I want to hear their story. Capisce?

#1: I'm trying to get this straight. It looks like either a mass redirect, or Vector's lying straight out of her teeth. I'm wondering on LS because he stated he saw Vector target him. Vector admitted a redirect. To Deathsword (who is second in line for voting). LS saw that Vector targeted him - meaning she redirected him.

#5: Everyone voting ends the day. I demand you vote to check your truth.
#6: I'm asking, not casting doubt. Though...that's your opinion.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 15, 2013, 03:16:12 am »

PR is for Power Role.

I'll do some flavor of reread to look for interactions with Deathsword over the next couple days.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 15, 2013, 04:53:04 am »

How does the bolded portion even make sense.
It's one thing to bring up another possibility, but:
Spoiler: Your reasoning (click to show/hide)
When you get confused by your own reason for not voting someone (and then don't vote them anyway), that's a pretty clear sign that damn the evidence, you just don't want to vote them.

I mean, your reason for voting Leafsnail (that he didn't say anything about you targeting him) looks nice at a glance, but then one realizes that
a) He never said he sees anyone who targets him (that was just an assumption you made), and
b) the flavor you've claimed makes it sound like you got blocked. Was your action successful despite not finding him?
c) If he's lying then Deathsword is scum, a fact which you've done nothing about.

Quote from: Tiruin
That speaks to me for wanting to get the day over quickly, don't you agree?
Considering there are no hammers in this game, no.

#5: Everyone voting ends the day. I demand you vote to check your truth.
You clearly didn't read the rest of that sentence in the OP:
Days will go for 72 hours (Ignoring weekends) or until everyone has voted (if there is a long period of inactivity after everyone votes I'll end the day to keep things moving).
Meph will only end the day after everyone's voted if we're just waiting for the day to end anyway.

And again, what purpose could possibly be served by me claiming a kill that I didn't perform?

#6: I'm asking, not casting doubt. Though...that's your opinion.
Sometimes it's hard to make words. What I meant is that you're trying to make him doubt his own inspect. You asked him if he read his result right, and warned him that he'll be Public Enemy #1 if Vector is town - despite the fact that if Vector was town she'd be telling the truth about redirecting him to Deathsword, and that Leafsnail would have to be scum lying to get her lynched instead of his buddy. You made a serious attempt to make him back down.

Mod: Votecount please.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 15, 2013, 06:11:31 am »

PFP

For some reason, probably ability shenanigans, I can no longer vote Vector right now and thus must move my vote. Thus unvote
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 15, 2013, 07:02:08 am »

Great. I come back from university half-dead from exhaustion, take a day off from mafia and return to see myself lynched by a horde of easylynchers on completely empty grounds and a complete disregard for everything I said. I grieve for the times when doing absolutely any active attempt at scumhunting didn't result in an instalynch and coasting through the game wasn't a valid survival tactic. Fuck this board, fuck the metagame, fuck what has become of this community and especially fuck Vector. I am done.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 15, 2013, 07:35:17 am »

PFP

For some reason, probably ability shenanigans, I can no longer vote Vector right now and thus must move my vote. Thus unvote
The Counting Stones
Deathsword: Vector
Vector: Captain Ford, Deathsword, Hapah, Leafsnail

Vote Phase ends ~5pm Pacific Tuesday
Ahaha very funny.

@UI: Its that Vector hit leafsnail, or she targeted Hapah to hit leafsnail (do redirectors also get seen along with who they redirect?).

How does the bolded portion even make sense.
It's one thing to bring up another possibility, but:
Spoiler: Your reasoning (click to show/hide)
When you get confused by your own reason for not voting someone (and then don't vote them anyway), that's a pretty clear sign that damn the evidence, you just don't want to vote them.
I'm not confused. I'm acting on the benefit of the doubt here. Votes will come in time and I'm currently asking LS on what had happened. It is a fault to withhold a vote until you get information which backs up that vote? Probably, to an observer. But its not that I don't want to vote them. Its that I'm spending my time wisely (I mean, Tuesday. That's like the end of my exams :/)

About that sentence @OP: The bolded portion was in parentheses. I took that as a conditional instead of a definitive regarding the day end. There, I was referencing the "until everyone has voted" part.

Though...can anyone else correct me?

And again, what purpose could possibly be served by me claiming a kill that I didn't perform?
No possible gain by you. Unless you're backing someone up and stuff. I'm waiting for others answers on this (again, due to lack of info)

Like:
Meph: The scum do have a faction nightkill, right?
And that part addressed to LS.

But back to your crux.
a) He never said he sees anyone who targets him (that was just an assumption you made), and
b) the flavor you've claimed makes it sound like you got blocked. Was your action successful despite not finding him?
c) If he's lying then Deathsword is scum, a fact which you've done nothing about.
a) It is assumed, primarily because he never mentions anything about anyone else targeting him. If it was a redirect - he knew it. That is a first action on the operating list

Misdirection
    Role-blocking
    Protection
    Investigations
    Night Kills/Conversions

Mine went after that. So here's me poking him about it.

b) I...really don't know. I couldn't find him. But nothing stated me feeling some kind of reluctance, lethargic-ish symptoms or anything along the lines of being hindered, no. So I guess not.
c) Read on Day 1 and what I've addressed to DS, would you? Or if you mean LS's defense (if Vector = town), that he'd be bickering with Hapah soon enough unless they're in cahoots.

...Wait. Re-reading. DS didn't even have any reason regarding voting Vector at all (or stated it).
Leafsnail, are you capable of knowing if someone acted on you?

Vector, nice fakeclaim. But no.
This is the only thing he has.

How is LS lying have anything to do with DS?

tl;dr: I'm not voting for Vector because she's currently on Death Row. The logic is obvious. If Hapah's lying, he's up for death row tomorrow for somehow getting a scum result on Vector. Vector didn't claim any line of Miller. And unless she was affected by a "when I'm inspected, I turn up scum regardless of my alignment" action (check the flash mafia @ BM link...its a role which tags others as scum if they're inspected during the night), then there's nothing else than can be done. 1 Stranger down.

Now there are other voices added to the commotion. DS and LS stand out. See where I'm getting at UI?

And back to what I was going to add regarding DS:

Your power.
I guess there is no point in delaying this. Before that I do indeed believe that the vote-shuffling (as in: changing your vote nullifies the power) part of Tiruin's power is a fakeclaim.

Now for my own claim. I am a double-voter of sorts. Every time someone is lynched, I gain their vote. These votes stack and last until I use them. At any point I can PM Meph and spends the votes I have to add "weight" to my vote. For example: If I have 3 collected votes, I can choose to spend 2 of them to make my vote count as three (my original vote + 2 collected votes). The unspent vote can be used at a later date.

Thus the "weakness" of Tiruin's power is concerning because if it is false, Tiruin could then control a lot of votes. And I do not believe a power would have such a specific and odd weakness.
You gained Dariush's vote. Now you state something considering Vector and that you can't vote her, huh?

Also
So the danger a scum vote-changer could cause is fully understood by the town.
That is not a suitable answer for "Why'd you claim." But I guess part of it is in my wording.

What is the reasoning behind you claiming? Yeah, the danger is obvious, but it relies on the same potential advantage I have. The power of time, and the PM.

Also, if false, this weakness would stand out a lot, wouldn't it?
I may change a person's vote to another person during a vote phase. Said swap doesn't show up till the final vote count. If the person changes their vote, it'll have no effect. Can only be used once per vote phase.
Very dangerous indeed. Let me just PM Meph to randomize everyone's vote and aim it at one person, eh? That would be pretty much fun - considering that the reasoning on that vote is game-breaking. I just have to stay up until, like 4:50am and then PM Meph to technically mislynch. And then when I'm found out, I'll do it all over again and again.

...Really DS. You're stating vagueness cushioned by doubt. You aren't poking at the statement itself but just throwing mud at it. This speaks much of your scumhunting.

And lastly:
PFP

When did you receive word of this?

You missed answering Hapah's question, and answer why you voted Vector and then somehow unvoted her.

Great. I come back from university half-dead from exhaustion, take a day off from mafia and return to see myself lynched by a horde of easylynchers on completely empty grounds and a complete disregard for everything I said. I grieve for the times when doing absolutely any active attempt at scumhunting didn't result in an instalynch and coasting through the game wasn't a valid survival tactic. Fuck this board, fuck the metagame, fuck what has become of this community and especially fuck Vector. I am done.
I really think the reasoning behind that stemmed from
Unvote, Dariush.
FUCK YOU ASSHOLE LS
Nobody likes being called an asshole...especially without a backup statement. The statement above had very little regarding scumhunting, and more on the technical OMGUS. Would be qualified as a real confusing move considering how you play though.

You still had a great animal... :/

Meph: Votecount?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 15, 2013, 08:09:03 am »

PFP on this horrible keyboard
PFP

The Counting Stones

Ahaha very funny.
I have been informed by Meph via PM that I must move my vote away from Vector and I may not vote her again for the rest of the day. The PM came AFTER the votecount.

And back to what I was going to add regarding DS:

Your power.
I guess there is no point in delaying this. Before that I do indeed believe that the vote-shuffling (as in: changing your vote nullifies the power) part of Tiruin's power is a fakeclaim.

Now for my own claim. I am a double-voter of sorts. Every time someone is lynched, I gain their vote. These votes stack and last until I use them. At any point I can PM Meph and spends the votes I have to add "weight" to my vote. For example: If I have 3 collected votes, I can choose to spend 2 of them to make my vote count as three (my original vote + 2 collected votes). The unspent vote can be used at a later date.

Thus the "weakness" of Tiruin's power is concerning because if it is false, Tiruin could then control a lot of votes. And I do not believe a power would have such a specific and odd weakness.
You gained Dariush's vote. Now you state something considering Vector and that you can't vote her, huh?
Yes I gained Dariush's vote. I could use it now, but it wouldn't appear until the final votecount. Furthermore, as explained above, Meph PM'd me informing that I must move my vote out of Vector and may not vote her again. The obvious reason why I'd be forced to do so is that an ability was used on me.

Also
So the danger a scum vote-changer could cause is fully understood by the town.
That is not a suitable answer for "Why'd you claim." But I guess part of it is in my wording.

What is the reasoning behind you claiming? Yeah, the danger is obvious, but it relies on the same potential advantage I have. The power of time, and the PM.

Also, if false, this weakness would stand out a lot, wouldn't it?
I may change a person's vote to another person during a vote phase. Said swap doesn't show up till the final vote count. If the person changes their vote, it'll have no effect. Can only be used once per vote phase.
Very dangerous indeed. Let me just PM Meph to randomize everyone's vote and aim it at one person, eh? That would be pretty much fun - considering that the reasoning on that vote is game-breaking. I just have to stay up until, like 4:50am and then PM Meph to technically mislynch. And then when I'm found out, I'll do it all over again and again.

...Really DS. You're stating vagueness cushioned by doubt. You aren't poking at the statement itself but just throwing mud at it. This speaks much of your scumhunting.
What I keep saying and you keep ignoring is that I do not believe the part of you claim where you state that if you use your power on me, and then I change my vote, you power ceases to work and you need to switch my vote again.

And lastly:
PFP

At my timezone it was 00:36, shortly after I went to sleep. From what I've gathered, Meph's timezone is -8, mine is -3.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 15, 2013, 08:22:25 am »

PFP

The Counting Stones

Ahaha very funny.
I have been informed by Meph via PM that I must move my vote away from Vector and I may not vote her again for the rest of the day. The PM came AFTER the votecount.
And lastly:
PFP

At my timezone it was 00:36, shortly after I went to sleep. From what I've gathered, Meph's timezone is -8, mine is -3.
So...this is because of someone's action, huh. What happens if you vote Vector again?

I do not believe the part of you(r) claim where you state that if you use your power on me, and then I change my vote, you power ceases to work and you need to switch my vote again.
>_<

Yes. You got it. The bolded part is where you perform a u-turn on a one-way road. Read what I stated again...You don't know when I'm shifting your power. That, I guess, is what Meph saw as an advantage to it. Even if I said it out - the role power and that I'd do it - its still up for guessing.

Which brings me to pointing at psychological factors coming in and whatnot being the advantages.

It's like
Deathsword: I VOTE MEPHANSTERAS

Tiruin: Nope. I'm shifting you. *Doesn't actually Shift away*

Deathsword: No wait unvote/GlyphGryph is scum.

Tiruin: *PM'd mod about Shifting away back at Deathsword*

Deathsword-at-final-vote-count: :O
I told you. Once per vote phase. Depends on PM. While I do stick to my word in saying "I'm going to shift this person", it would be pretty obvious on my shift given the basis for such.

I really don't understand how you see it as lying, or see how me stating such a specific case = something to be suspicious. I mean, if I was lying, then what? What do you suspect I'm saying?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 15, 2013, 08:57:30 am »

I had time to answer these questions, but now I need to get ready for work.

Toaster:
Ford:
If Vector targeted Leafsnail, I think that implies someone else killed Solifuge.
Isn't that kind of obvious?
In retrospect, yeah, it totally is. Part of it was that I was speculating far too much about what abilities went off last night, and I was also caught off-guard because I've never seen scum outed faster than they could be lynched. It just felt "too good to be true", so I wondered if Vector wasn't somehow responsible for that kill after all.

Probably related to me reading the original totem mafia (which was crazy) and reading xylbot's entire role list in the same day.

Tiruin:
Hmm ... well, Tiruin's ability wouldn't work, since it doesn't show up until the final vote count ... I don't have any reason to think he was lying about that since he had no way of knowing about Solifuge's ability when he claimed it.
Who he? Solifuge is dead. ???
Sorry, that should be she. I meant that you didn't have any reason to lie about your ability not showing up until the final vote count, which means you couldn't use your ability to cover up if you or a scumbuddy killed Solifuge.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 15, 2013, 09:44:10 am »

I did see you Tiruin (note that I carefully avoided saying whether I did).  I just didn't want to out you as a power role for no reason.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 15, 2013, 09:45:49 am »

PFP

The Counting Stones

Ahaha very funny.
And lastly:
PFP

So...this is because of someone's action, huh. What happens if you vote Vector again?
I assume it is from someone's action. As to what happens, let's find out: Vector

MOD: Votecount please

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 15, 2013, 09:55:05 am »

Holy mother, the posts, lol.

I'll read all the new content at lunch.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 15, 2013, 11:01:35 am »

The Counting Stones
Leafsnail: Tiruin
Vector: Captain Ford, Hapah, Leafsnail, Toaster

To clarify a worry that people seem to have, I will only end the day early if everyone has voted and discussion has stalled. It's a backup rule to keep the game moving, nothing more. And rarely used at that, since people tend to vote for a shorten if nothing is going on anyway.

Meph: The scum do have a faction nightkill, right?

Yes.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 30