Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30

Author Topic: Totem Mafia 2 - Town Victory  (Read 46659 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 2 - Vote Phase 2 - A loss of Majesty
« Reply #210 on: March 14, 2013, 07:56:43 pm »

Leafsnail, are you capable of knowing if someone acted on you?

Vector, nice fakeclaim. But no.

If you don't believe my claim, then why are accusing Leafsnail of a fakeclaim?  Come on, dear.

Am I? I just asked if he is capable of knowing when someone acts on him. Tell me, how is that accusing him of a fakeclaim?

I know that Vector performed an action on me.

Wouldn't this imply that the answer to your question is "yes?"
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 14, 2013, 08:06:52 pm »

The Counting Stones
Deathsword: Vector
Vector: Captain Ford, Deathsword, Hapah, Leafsnail

Vote Phase ends ~5pm Pacific Tuesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 14, 2013, 08:26:55 pm »

...okay, it seems pretty clear by the wording of Solifuge's ability that Vector wasn't the one who killed him. But even so...

Meph: Does Solifuge's night ability prevent his killer from voting even through the use of a special ability?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 14, 2013, 08:38:11 pm »

I just want to see all the votes on the table. And I'm a little leery of Sol's ability, all told.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 14, 2013, 08:50:21 pm »

I can agree with you there. It does seem really powerful.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 14, 2013, 09:02:22 pm »

Yeah basically everyone should vote now.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 14, 2013, 10:06:25 pm »

Meph: Does Solifuge's night ability prevent his killer from voting even through the use of a special ability?

It prevents the player from voting normally. Role abilities could have some way of getting around the restriction.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 14, 2013, 10:21:23 pm »

Hmm ... well, Tiruin's ability wouldn't work, since it doesn't show up until the final vote count ... I don't have any reason to think he was lying about that since he had no way of knowing about Solifuge's ability when he claimed it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 14, 2013, 10:36:09 pm »

Ford:
If Vector targeted Leafsnail, I think that implies someone else killed Solifuge.

Isn't that kind of obvious?

I will vote Vector since two people's claims go against her and to have my vote show.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 14, 2013, 10:51:12 pm »

I killed Solifuge for his lurking and bandwagon.

All I know is that I redirected Hapah to Deathsword, and suddenly everything's going murder-shaped.
Suddenly? What made you not expect a nightkill to happen?

Tiruin: I want to vote Vector. Please make it so.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 14, 2013, 11:05:45 pm »

What are you talking about, "I didn't expect a nightkill to happen?"  Of course I expected a nightkill to happen.  That's what the scum are in this game for, right?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 14, 2013, 11:13:19 pm »

Then how is everything suddenly going all murder-shaped?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 14, 2013, 11:21:14 pm »

I am very suddenly getting lynched for no reason.

*shrug*

But because it's based on PR data, there's nothing I can do, you know?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 14, 2013, 11:48:44 pm »

Meph: The scum do have a faction nightkill, right?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 15, 2013, 02:38:33 am »

Tiruin, why aren't you voting?
Because it was 6 am by the time I posted and wait why are you so concerned about my vote?

Or if you meant by the game - Because I'm confused on why Leafsnail is only picking Vector on targeting him.

CheckEdit: Oh. Just saw the OP. Heh, here I was wondering why in the world Ford pops in with caring about my vote.

K.

Leafsnail: If you saw Vector, you should've seen me too.

I targeted him (you) last night (too, if Vector's telling the truth. The many posts of brevity @ day start also makes it...hard to get though a scenario unfolds if Hapah/LS is lying and Vector turns up town)...Funnily, LS' flavor came off like he avoided me - meaning: I couldn't find him. "somehow he has managed to elude [ME]"

Why not Vector? I believe that everyone has 2 powers and somehow, Vector did a silly move and...was somehow tagging Deathsword, and then Leafsnail...saw her target him?

Color me confused.

I'd advise people to unvote - everyone voting ends the day.

Tiruin: I want to vote Vector. Please make it so.

...And here comes in the idea if I can move a player's vote if he hasn't voted. Asking Meph...again.

Also, why is everyone claiming for "VOTE THIS PERSON" when we've got until Tuesday? see edit above. Just read the OP.

In the meantime, vote first sir.
I'd love to check if you're lying point blank. When the next vote count comes - it'll show the killer.

I mean, his power isn't preventing you in putting
Code: [Select]
[color=RED]-insert suspect here-[/color]eh?

I am very suddenly getting lynched for no reason.

*shrug*

But because it's based on PR data, there's nothing I can do, you know?
I don't get it either. While its pretty obvious that Hapah is not associated with LS in a scummy view (I mean, woah. Redirect > Catch > DS deny. And then UI reveals he killed Solifuge - didn't even get to see the guy play :/)

Meaning someone's playing with night actions.

...Waitaminute.

I killed Solifuge for his lurking and bandwagon.
That's a real weak reason there. I'm seeing you saw this as a bandwagon, huh? He was doing something pertinent - something that didn't go along the lines of "Dariush dies. Hahah. My Vote > Your face."

And then you ask me to shift your vote...without you trying to vote to prove it. UI, what's up with your weak reasons?

As a note, I didn't send in the PM switching DS's vote yesterday-ish because I had to study then call it quits for the night...So yeah. Though I could've shifted it to make him vote himself.

Also [@Vector]...PR means...? Post referencial?

Hapah: What did you really see? That was a confirmed-confirmed Stranger, right? Nothing else in that PM depicting strange stuffs or any feelings going on? You know that if Vector flips common, you're in for top suspect, right?

Anyway, just to inquire. Since you've given off that investigate, do you have anything in your other power which contradicts or affects your first power - or anything otherwise?

Thus the "weakness" of Tiruin's power is concerning because if it is false, Tiruin could then control a lot of votes. And I do not believe a power would have such a specific and odd weakness.
I don't get the first sentence. Explain how. Secondly, explain how and where you're getting such logic in the second and how that relates with your stance(or case, its hard to call it a case with all the vagueness) on me.

I mean, its nice to hear that you don't believe such. Why you don't is what I'm concerned about, and how you're getting at that point of thinking.

To shorten: You haven't explained why its a fakeclaim as well as explaining why.
I believe your "weakness" to be false, as it is too specific and doesn't make a lot of sense. Why would it matter to an ability such as yours if someone changed their vote if you are already redirecting it?
You're not even doing anything about it or trying to logicify it out, eh?

I already stated why, btw. Read, DS. Quote.

And read the OP twice so you won't get your facts wrong. We have silly powers here. Things get silly.

You're silly.

Hmm ... well, Tiruin's ability wouldn't work, since it doesn't show up until the final vote count ... I don't have any reason to think he was lying about that since he had no way of knowing about Solifuge's ability when he claimed it.
Who he? Solifuge is dead. ???

Oh well, you win some you lose some. I'd like to thank my campaign advisers, my staff, all my supporters, my spirit totem, and most of all myself for a beautiful, if brief, run in the Spirit Moot.

Solifuge, I love you.
You're not alone XP
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30