Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 30

Author Topic: Totem Mafia 2 - Town Victory  (Read 46634 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 2 - Vote Phase 1
« Reply #165 on: March 11, 2013, 11:58:32 pm »

But most likely Tiruin's going to simply not use his ability.
Would you like to explain why?

I guess the victim wouldn't be too bad, but you've still got to build a case as to why you think Person X doesn't deserve a vote in addition to why Person Y needs to get lynched. It's definitely non-trivial.
If Person X was also Person Y, it suddenly becomes trivial. Captain Ford noted that in the post you're responding to here, so why did you ignore it?

Dariush: Why are you voting Leafsnail again?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 12, 2013, 12:45:41 am »

I guess the victim wouldn't be too bad, but you've still got to build a case as to why you think Person X doesn't deserve a vote in addition to why Person Y needs to get lynched. It's definitely non-trivial.
If Person X was also Person Y, it suddenly becomes trivial. Captain Ford noted that in the post you're responding to here, so why did you ignore it?
Sorry for not elaborating; making someone vote themselves has a large flaw. It would solve the issue in a hurry, if Tir hadn't claimed the weakness of the ability. Since Tir did claim the weakness, you know whoever Tir is actually voting is going to shuffle their vote if at all possible near day end to negate the shift, because they'd know exactly where it is going if they don't. This means that if you want the thing to actually go off, you have to pull the vote from someone who isn't going to shuffle their vote to negate.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 12, 2013, 09:01:48 am »

The Counting Stones
Dariush: Leafsnail, Vector, Urist Imiknorris
Deathsword: Tiruin
Hapah: Solifuge
Leafsnail: Dariush
Tiruin: Captain Ford, Deathsword,
Vector: Hapah

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Tuesday
So like, 7 hours from now at the hour.

Huh.

Dar still has his vote on LS for unknown reasons. LS has his vote on Dar with the explanation of a naked vote and other stuff. We have Ford and DS voting me for trivial and still unexplained reason-reasons[barring the former]. UI's picking on Dar for voting Leafsnail(seemingly). Everyone else is either pressure voting or waiting for their questions to be answered and I'm in an all-speculative mood because of exams nearing and my mind wandering on multiple tangents between Chemistry, Microbiology and Mafia.

Extend.

Wait.

MOD: Is the votecount correct? Hapah is voting for DS!
Deathsword

Questions in an hour or so regarding recent activity. I'm busy studying different kinds of pathogenic strains. This means FUN.

I'm interested in how you see this Ford. +1 to above.

Tiruin: Okay, so your ability does work the way I thought it did. Do you really still not understand how you have made it harder to use by revealing how it works?
I do understand how 'harder' it is now that I've changed my perspective into yours, yeah. People know the weakness. Ok. But that doesn't mean they can easily speculate on what, who or when I can change it. I think you're pointing more on the psychological effect This is what I'm pointing at :/. What's so wrong with it in your eyes anyway?

Also, Meph has confirmed that that power still works until he ends the day [final vote count - the day end vote count and what I guess is probable flavor and the roleflip]. Which means even if the technical boundary has been passed, I can still work it.

I'm "concerned" because of the numerous confused statements and contradictions you made when I first questioned you about your ability.
What contradictions?

I also don't have the faintest idea why you started talking about scum forcing you to use your ability. I never said anything like that.
You mean when I said 'Thinking out loud.' I think. Thinking takes into perspective possibility.

@Sentence before that: I wasn't worried (though, yeah, I can see how you can infer that to sound like worry. Pretty hard to when you're doing it with text though), just pointing out a possible situation.

I'm inclined to move a vote (preferably DS until he explains himself), but...The current leader [Dar] doesn't have a supporting case against him that paints him as scum. Two votes are questionable, one is reasonable and under wait for response from the voted.

I guess there is no point in delaying this. Before that I do indeed believe that the vote-shuffling (as in: changing your vote nullifies the power) part of Tiruin's power is a fakeclaim.

Now for my own claim. I am a double-voter of sorts. Every time someone is lynched, I gain their vote. These votes stack and last until I use them. At any point I can PM Meph and spends the votes I have to add "weight" to my vote. For example: If I have 3 collected votes, I can choose to spend 2 of them to make my vote count as three (my original vote + 2 collected votes). The unspent vote can be used at a later date.

Thus the "weakness" of Tiruin's power is concerning because if it is false, Tiruin could then control a lot of votes. And I do not believe a power would have such a specific and odd weakness.
Why'd you claim?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 12, 2013, 09:05:37 am »

EBWOP:

@end of post addition:

Thus the "weakness" of Tiruin's power is concerning because if it is false, Tiruin could then control a lot of votes. And I do not believe a power would have such a specific and odd weakness.
I don't get the first sentence. Explain how. Secondly, explain how and where you're getting such logic in the second and how that relates with your stance(or case, its hard to call it a case with all the vagueness) on me.

I mean, its nice to hear that you don't believe such. Why you don't is what I'm concerned about, and how you're getting at that point of thinking.

To shorten: You haven't explained why its a fakeclaim as well as explaining why.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 12, 2013, 09:17:44 am »

Gah. Adding to post. Probably won't be up tonight.

Ford: You PPE'd many people, i see. You also remarked on DS's claim with a compliment. I believe there's nothing wrong you see with it or confusing about it?

Toatser:
I need to sit down and reread, but I can say that Leaf's right- Tiruin's claim was odd, but it's hardly lynchworthy.
Odd how?

Hapah
Sorry for not elaborating; making someone vote themselves has a large flaw. It would solve the issue in a hurry, if Tir hadn't claimed the weakness of the ability. Since Tir did claim the weakness, you know whoever Tir is actually voting is going to shuffle their vote if at all possible near day end to negate the shift, because they'd know exactly where it is going if they don't. This means that if you want the thing to actually go off, you have to pull the vote from someone who isn't going to shuffle their vote to negate.
Err...actually, I'm stating who I'm shifting like I said before. Though, by the given thing you said there, this is fallible.

One thing, I can say who I'm going to shift (not lying - I'd either work on who I'm voting or who I FoS/suspect or whose post at the time of writing is suspicious because I'm not bothering with more headaches here) but when I do it is up for question. I may or may not be online at the time of shuffling.

Second, Meph ends his days @ 5AM my time. Factoring RL in - I may or may not have time in the coming days, but will have time in about a week or two. So its particularly easier to see how that person responds and rate that accordingly in said situational scenario - is also why I'm saying on my shift.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 12, 2013, 10:16:34 am »

Vector:
Yeah, I missed LS's post, though I wasn't aware you became his slave out of nowhere.
I've been trying to get you to show long before LS got into the mix.  Trying to get you to stop evading is not the same thing as being someone else's slave.
'Long before'? You are aware that the game has only been going for three days at the time of your post, and wasn't out of RVS yet?
Ooh, is that directed at me?  Then come at me, and stop being so fucking wiggly and passive about it.
Ooh, I've heard this exact line before. Unfortunately, I don't remember the game, but I remember a handy image macro and the fact that you were scum in that game.
1&2. That was an evasion accusation I wanted addressed, not an RVS question.
I told you, I missed his post.
3. You would have some general reads if you were bothering to be active and ask questions.  Leaving RVS means we've entered standard play, which means it's about time to have some reads.  You can't have it both ways, dear--both RVS-and-not-RVS.  Besides, if it's not RVS then why did you ask me that question about which gametypes I prefer?  Epitome of useless, my dear Watson.
The hell you are talking about? Where did I even hint at the fact that we left RVS (hint: we didn't, as of my previous post (though we probably are right now))? Also, I love how you consider my RVS questions 'epitome of useless' and LS's one the sacred truthful torch of geniusness.
4&5. Dariush, I'm honestly surprised that you don't seem to know what reaction-testing is and how you go about it.  You've been playing this game for too long to be hung up on bull like this, and you seem to be building up a long list of contradictory, hypocritical, and reiterated points for the sake of looking active.
And you're again spewing bullshit. Not only were those points addressed at LS and not you, but also you manage to be a hypocrite by carefully attacking my every 'contradictory, hypocritical, and reiterated' point, especially ones that weren't addressed to you and not address anyone else.
I'm personally waiting on Hapah and Dariush so there's not much I can do
Lol what. That is an admission of tunneling if I ever saw one. There are what, seven people who aren't you, me or Hapah? Yet you ignore every one of them and then dare to accuse me of imitating activity.

Hapah:
Dar: What's your angle?
95.5. Or maybe .6.

LS:
You are a mafia member.
Really? I expected more from you. Much more, in fact.

UI:
As of right now, I am voting him for discarding my post out of hand for no reason, doubly so after he accused me of evasion. At the time of your post, I was voting him for the sort of post you made - to see who would become queasy at the sight of a vote on their scumbuddy. Granted, I was expecting the one who did so (if someone even did) to be slightly sneakier about it - attack me for another reason, maybe weave a case for a couple of posts and then throw a wavering vote. You, on the other hand, did a blatant bandwagon/chainsaw/groundless vote combo. So yeah, fuck you, scum.
Also, you missed a question, fuckass:
Because at a glance it would look like rolefishing.
...How would a question about the way of winning be possibly qualified as rolefishing? And in any case how does this relate to the alignment of the 'jumper'?

DS, so now that you've claimed, are you going to do, like, anything else? For example, uhIdunno, answer questions?

Solifuge, I know you've been online today and while I cannot say whether you looked at this thread, I know you've posted two days after your last post here, which was four days ago. Drag your ass in here.

Damn, the amount of people my hands are itching to FoS is growing at an alarming rate.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 12, 2013, 10:53:08 am »

Tiruin:
Dar still has his vote on LS for unknown reasons. LS has his vote on Dar with the explanation of a naked vote and other stuff. We have Ford and DS voting me for trivial and still unexplained reason-reasons[barring the former]. UI's picking on Dar for voting Leafsnail(seemingly). Everyone else is either pressure voting or waiting for their questions to be answered and I'm in an all-speculative mood because of exams nearing and my mind wandering on multiple tangents between Chemistry, Microbiology and Mafia.

Speculative, indeed.  Is there some meat there or are you just padding your post?

Toatser:
I need to sit down and reread, but I can say that Leaf's right- Tiruin's claim was odd, but it's hardly lynchworthy.
Odd how?

Odd in that the power has a specific weakness that's contrary to the most similar Meph-made power I can think of (Mind Control Ray from Paranormal), and why claim the power- and weakness- D1?  I could see claiming it the morning after using it, sure, but why now and lose all surprise utility?

Urist I:

Really?  You're going to move the lynch lead from Tiruin to Dariush with this kind of case?  Looks more like to me you don't want to see your scumbuddy lynched.

Deathsword:  If you think Tiruin is lying about her claim, why do you think she claimed at all?  Who else do you suspect besides Tiruin?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 12, 2013, 11:13:39 am »

The Counting Stones
Dariush: Leafsnail, Urist Imiknorris, Vector
Deathsword: Hapah, Tiruin
Hapah: Solifuge
Leafsnail: Dariush
Tiruin: Captain Ford, Deathsword
Urist Imiknorris: Toaster

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today (About 8 hours from this post)

Extend.

Wait.

MOD: Is the votecount correct? Hapah is voting for DS!

Hapah voted for DeathSword after that vote count, so, yes, it was correct when it was posted. I do not update votecounts unless I find a mistake. Any changes due to votes made are reflected in the next votecount post.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 12, 2013, 11:18:51 am »

Wait, Tuesday is today? Fuckfuckfuck, Extend.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 12, 2013, 11:22:32 am »

I can agree we need a bit more time.  Extend.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 12, 2013, 12:07:26 pm »

PFP

Alright. Extend.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 12, 2013, 12:12:27 pm »

Extend.

Really? I expected more from you. Much more, in fact.
There isn't really anything else to say, and you renewing your blatant OMGUS vote isn't going to change that

Toaster's vote on UI sucks too, incidentally.  He's voting UI because he's trying to save his scumbuddy Tiruin, but doesn't that mean he should vote Tiruin?  But then he's also challenging Deathsword for thinking Tiruin is scum??

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 12, 2013, 12:16:53 pm »

Vote Phase has been Extended to ~5pm Pacific Wednesday. There will be no more extensions for this Vote Phase.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 12, 2013, 02:05:37 pm »

PFP

I'm trying to remember why I thought that last night, and I really can't justify it now. Suffice to say that if it really was as much work as Hapah suggested, it would be much easier to simply not use it.

But this morning it doesn't actually seem so difficult. It really isn't that hard to justify. All he has to say is that he wanted his target to get lynched, so he'd try to take one away from the next-highest target, and he'd pick the victim who is least likely to change their vote before the end of day. So long as his lynch target is already the vote leader, it doesn't even seem anti-town.

Tiruin:

Spoiler: Director's Cut (click to show/hide)

Talking with you is always an adventure. *sigh*

Any concerns I had about your motives pretty much evaporated once you said you would be stating your targets ahead of time. Up until LS mentioned it, I hadn't considered that your ability was a lylo-breaker (I don't think I've ever played in a game where that came up), and that certainly changes how I look at your claim.

Unvote. I don't have any further reason to suspect you. You still haven't answered some of my questions, but I'm satisfied that it's due to miscommunication and not willful evasion on your part.

Deathsword: So, wait, you're voting Tiruin because you're worried about him manipulating your vote(s)? Do you have an actual reason to think he's scum?

I'd be voting you, except you just gave up the biggest lylo-breaker ever.

(More to come later...)
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 12, 2013, 02:25:01 pm »

Dariush:
You're voting him because of his response to your answer to his RVS question? Am I getting that right? I hope I'm not, because that's almost as dumb as my RVS question to you.

At the time of your post, I was voting him for the sort of post you made - to see who would become queasy at the sight of a vote on their scumbuddy. Granted, I was expecting the one who did so (if someone even did) to be slightly sneakier about it - attack me for another reason, maybe weave a case for a couple of posts and then throw a wavering vote. You, on the other hand, did a blatant bandwagon/chainsaw/groundless vote combo. So yeah, fuck you, scum.
Okay, this is terrible. I mean, my attempted gambit was stupid, but yours takes two obviously false ideas and assumes them to be true:

a) The only person who would ever take interest in a groundless vote is the votee's scumbuddy
b) Said scumbuddy would take interest regardless of whether the votee is in any danger of actually being lynched

So yeah, fuck you, scum. You're pretty obviously making shit up so your Leafsnail vote will stick.

Because at a glance it would look like rolefishing.
...How would a question about the way of winning be possibly qualified as rolefishing? And in any case how does this relate to the alignment of the 'jumper'?
I remember a game where I asked that exact question and someone called it out as rolefishing. Also, the type of person who would fall for it is the one who would jump at the easy target immediately, so either scum or terminally stupid.

Toaster:
Really?  You're going to move the lynch lead from Tiruin to Dariush with this kind of case?
Yes, I am. Unlike Dariush, Tiruin is actually doing something constructive. Also, Dariush placed his vote during RVS for the reason of "FUCK YOU ASSHOLE" and did absolutely nothing to follow it up until after I voted him (and not even then). Also also, you'll notice that I voted Tiruin for pressure in the first place.

Looks more like to me you don't want to see your scumbuddy lynched.
You need glasses.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 30