Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30

Author Topic: Totem Mafia 2 - Town Victory  (Read 46380 times)

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 2 - Sign-ups! [7/16]
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2013, 12:39:02 am »

...I wouldn't put the knowledge of which acids dissolve which parts of human body under the 'basic chemistry' category.
Well, technically, they all could.

You just need to specify the time frame you wish it to dissolve by.
Mmm...lactic acid.

I wonder how long that would take?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 2 - Sign-ups! [9/16]
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2013, 01:01:24 am »

If you're talking about lactic acid in the body = Nope. Your body'll take care of that.

If outside and exposed to the body: depending on the concentration, pH, and the composition of the object to be immersed. Also, volume counts. Temperature and environmental factors too. Generally, you won't die via immersion in lactic acid...well, unless you choke.
If you think you'll be successful in dissolving someone with lactic acid, starvation or dehydration will get them first, generally.

Game starts in two-three days and we're at page 5 discussing chemicals. XD

Why did somebody have to bring up cannibalism?!

Edit: That is 100% lactic acid, right?

Edit 2x: If it is = won't work. Too weak for the human body to completely dissolve in it. If it isn't, refer to the sentence before this. :P
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 10:53:33 am by Tiruin »

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2013, 10:07:07 am »

Chlorine trifluoride solves all problems.

And likely makes some new ones, but such is life. 

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2013, 04:11:40 pm »

I missed the last one of these, but after some deliberation, I'm pretty sure I'm open enough to participate this time around. PM sent. If you've already drafted up roles though, I'm cool with just getting on the replacement list instead.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2013, 04:13:08 pm »

I missed the last one of these, but after some deliberation, I'm pretty sure I'm open enough to participate this time around. PM sent. If you've already drafted up roles though, I'm cool with just getting on the replacement list instead.

Nah, you're good. I think I'll keep sign-ups open for another 3 hours and then start working on the roles.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2013, 05:25:54 pm »

Chlorine trifluoride solves all problems.

And likely makes some new ones, but such is life.
I have learned something very valuable today. Everything can be set on fire.

It's not exactly a great idea to use it for disposing of a body, though.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 2 - Sign-ups! [10/16]
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2013, 08:12:52 pm »

Sign-ups are CLOSED. I've started working on the roles, and the game will start sometime tomorrow.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 2 - Sign-ups CLOSED
« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2013, 05:42:57 pm »

Long years have passed, and the old Chief has died. The customs of your people demand a new Elder must be chosen as the new Chief. And so a Spirit Moot must be held. But times have grown worse since the day the old Chief took up the reigns of power. Strangers have come to your land, and your people are fading away as these strangers have bested you time and time again. A new chief is needed, one who can restore the strength and vitality of the Tribe.

The ten of you have ensconced yourself within the Spirit Hall to decide upon a new Chief. The process is simple. You shall take votes to determine an Elder who is least worthy of the mantle of Chief. That elder is then ejected from the Spirit Hall, and no longer has a voice in the proceedings. Between each vote you take of the holy medicines and send yourselves on a Spirit Walk up to the Spirit Realm, there to seek the guidance of your spirit animals. But there are tests of strength in the Spirit Realm, and any who are found unworthy will be left unconscious when you return to your bodies. Those who failed are obviously unworthy of being chief, and so are removed from the Moot.

When only one Elder is left, that Elder is crowned Chief.

Dark rumors abound, though, that some of the Elders are colluding with the Strangers. They wish to abandon the old ways and submit to the invaders! Even worse, they are working together to force a situation where one of them becomes chief, and if the rumors are true they will do anything to ensure victory. This cannot stand. Your ancestors would curse the entire Tribe should such a thing come to pass! You will need to determine who these Elders are and remove them from the Moot if you want to have any chance at a fair election of the Chief!

Game has started! The first Vote phase will go until ~5pm Pacific Monday

Flavor aside, this is a typical Mafia Game. The Town players want to keep up the traditions of the tribe, so once all threats have been taken care of they win. (Chief will be decided randomly by me to simulate the rest of the Moot). The Vote phase is the Day phase, the Spirit Walk is the Night Phase.

If you have any questions about your role, feel free to PM me about it.
Come play Mafia with us!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 2 - Vote Phase 1
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2013, 06:14:11 pm »

Hapah.  When you have scumpartners would you say you interact with them more or less than with other players in the game?  Why?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2013, 06:27:28 pm »

Ford: If you could pick, what players would you like on your team? Why?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2013, 06:48:01 pm »

Hey there Dariush. Why do you prefer cult scum to regular scum?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2013, 08:29:35 pm »

Solifuge:  Welcome back!  Do you still endorse the Solifuge Strategy?  Also, what have you learned in your absence from the game?

Ford:  Do you feel ready for your first Meph game?

Vector:  Why did I vote Solifuge instead of Ford or you?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2013, 08:57:44 pm »

Toaster: Probably because Solifuge is the one of us who did something arguably scummy (not voting with his RVS question), rather than Ford or I, who hadn't posted.

Tiruin, two questions.

1. Favorite scumbuddies from the current player roster
2. What did you learn from your most recent completed game, and how will you apply it to this one?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2013, 09:38:13 pm »

Vector: Why did you reuse Deathsword's question?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2013, 09:47:02 pm »

Strangers, strangers, strangers! It's been a while since I was in a game from the start!

Hapah.  When you have scumpartners would you say you interact with them more or less than with other players in the game?  Why?
I'd say I tend to interact with them a little less, but I'm a little more critical of them, if that makes any sense. I try to be critical because it's much harder to be seen as buddying that way; a handful of pointed questions get you a lot farther and makes a larger impression on people than a ton of softballs. There's usually not as much follow-through, though. This is how I'd like to act with scumbuddies, anyway.

Of course, actions speak louder than words, so you could check the last BYOR for how I interacted with Toaster (and you D1).

Deathsword:
Ford: If you could pick, what players would you like on your team? Why?
What do you hope to gain from this question? (If you want to wait until after he replies, that's fine)

Vector:
-snip-
1. Favorite scumbuddies from the current player roster
What do you hope to gain from this question? (If you want to wait until after she replies, that's fine)

UI:
Vector: Why did you reuse Deathsword's question?
Why vote Vector over re-using a question, but question neither over the weakness of the question itself?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30